Why didn't NE make a move for a QB in Rd.1???

#34fan

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Maybe because none of them were worth it.

Oh sure... They worked a few of them out... Took Meetings... There were some nibbles, but ultimately no bite...

You'd think with a 41-year old under center, they'd be interested in a youthful understudy.. Someone to pass the torch to... Not this time...

NE stayed the hell away from the top five, and let everyone else splurge...  Some won't see any special meaning in it, but I think it's because they knew this crop was crap.

Thoughts?

I think you'd die from laughter if Belichick, Brady, or Kraft presented you with the "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke.

My thoughts.

I think they would have traded up had one of those top three QBs been available.

You have to realize that Buffalo was working the phones hard with every team after the Jets took Darnold and the only team to offer a trade demanded quite a bit to allow a move. Buffalo offered more than the Cards or other teams so the deal was done. 

It strikes me that because Arizona paid so little to move up that no other team wanted to move up to draft Rosen. 

Edited by Nihilarian

First of all, New England did not have ammo to easily move into the Top 10.

Second, (and this part is more of a hunch) Belichick is not looking for the future.  He is looking to win another championship and retire.

I always thought the QB stuff was a smokescreen.  Honestly, I would be surprised if they draft a QB before the 3rd-4th.  If that.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Maybe because none of them were worth it.

Oh sure... They worked a few of them out... Took Meetings... There were some nibbles, but ultimately no bite...

You'd think with a 41-year old under center, they'd be interested in a youthful understudy.. Someone to pass the torch to... Not this time...

NE stayed the hell away from the top five, and let everyone else splurge...  Some won't see any special meaning in it, but I think it's because they knew this crop was crap.

Thoughts?

I think it was a huge smoke screen to make the AFCE East members sweat and push additional draft picks to ensure they go their QBs. Smart Hoodie!!!  He is going after  Rudolph or the Latuetta guy

• Like (+1) 1