Opinions on why we passed on Rosen?

Rosen was talked about as probably the best pure pocket quarterback in the draft. He was available for the Bills to grab but they passed. 

Any options on why exactly we didn't like him?

-Injury concerns?

-Attitude?

-Concerns about playing in the cold weather?

-Was he just overrated in general?

Thoughts?

Entitlement. Nothing wrong with confidence. You have to earn your place and thinking he deserved this or that based on your entitlement your going to rub people the wrong way. 

You don't want a guy blaming everyone else if the situation isn't ideal. You don't want a guy throwing your organization under the bus if he isn't successful. 

I'm not saying who he is, but if you asked me why we didn't pick him I would use the word entitlement. This girl should sleep with me because I'm a star. This team should pick me first because I'm the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just my thoughts but listening/watching some of his interview he comes off as a Tom Brady type person.  Not his football but his attitude.  He sounds competitive but competitive to the point where he would point a finger at someone.  That's not the type of player they want considering they are relieving themselves of "me first" kind of players.

Just my 2 cents.

5 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Rosen was talked about as probably the best pure pocket quarterback in the draft. He was available for the Bills to grab but they passed. 

-Injury concerns?

-Attitude?

Thoughts?

Injury concerns/ Durability.  Imo Buffalo was high on both of them and at the end of the day value Allen's arm and size for the November December home schedule.  Allen is home in Buffalo.  Long term Allen has a higher ceiling than Rosen.  Allen's floor is higher because its assumed he will be more durable.  

7 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

-Injury concerns?

-Attitude?

Thoughts?

I honestly don't know.  For whatever reason, they obviously

1) had Allen rated above him on their board, and

2) had Allen rated highly enough to be worth trading to #7

So all we can do now is hope Allen is able to do what he says, and make the Bills "look smart" for believing in him.

• Like (+1) 1