Did the Bills REALLY get their guy?

Scorp83

Did the Bills REALLY get their guy? Or did they panic? 

I believed they panic! I believe they're guy was Darnold...then given the fact that they met with Mayfield about 4 times... i feel like they panic once Mayfield went 1st overall. The Giants probably told them no...Our guy is there, then the Jets...who really screwed us since the trade...take Darnold! Now people want to praise Beane for patients...Please! He was trying to trade with the Browns, The Broncos & the Colts...problem was...all those teams couldn't pass on the players that fell to them.

It's obvious that they had Allen over Rosen (Which is concerning imo) & it's just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen. How far apart were Allen & Rosen? I felt like they could hve sat there at 12 once "Their Guy" went off the board. When you watch Allen play...its just no way they can say... "He was our guy"

They panic... just like the other regime did with JP Losman. 

Thoughts? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I believed they panic! I believe they're guy was Darnold...then given the fact that they met with Mayfield about 4 times... i feel like they panic once Mayfield went 1st overall. The Giants probably told them no...Our guy is there, then the Jets...who really screwed us since the trade...take Darnold! Now people want to praise Beane for patients...Please! He was trying to trade with the Browns, The Broncos & the Colts...problem was...all those teams couldn't pass on the players that fell to them.

It's obvious that they had Allen over Rosen (Which is concerning imo) & it's just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen. How far apart were Allen & Rosen? I felt like they could hve sat there at 12 once "Their Guy" went off the board. When you watch Allen play...its just no way they can say... "He was our guy"

Thoughts? 

Vera Lynn:  "You'll never know if you don't know now"

7 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts? 

I believe you no know how to write good.  And if they felt Darnold was the guy they had to have they would have moved up to 2.

And the one thing I think is crystal clear from what we've seen of Beane and McD is they never panic

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ElMarko said:

The Bills had to outbid Arizona for pick 7. Regardless of how you feel about Allen (I’m on the fence) at least know the facts. Neither Josh would have been avail past pick 10. Plain and simple. 

What other teams picks a QB besides Arizona is this scenario?

10 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts? 

My thoughts are you're just so much smarter than people who do this for a living professionally.  You  no way more!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

1 Did the Bills REALLY get their guy?

2 Or did they panic?

3 just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen

4 How far apart were Allen & Rosen? 

5 felt like they could hve sat there at 12.

6 Thoughts? 

1 yes

2 no

3 they did by picking Allen over Rosen

4 enough to..  See answer on 3

5 speculation and doubtful

6 you should step away from the keyboard and take a yoga class

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts? 

The patients I'm not praising him for today are the mental ones his pick has turned loose on this forum...

Edited by billsfan1959

12 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts? 

Beane and co spent a lot of time yesterday speaking directly with Allen following the reveal of those tweats. He was their guy from the beginning. They wouldn't have spent so much time double-checking and re-verifying everything if that wasn't the case.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm on board with the pick.  I don't care for Rosen, and when I heard him after the draft saying he was mad at the 9 teams that passed him and would make them pay for it, I thought you're an idiot.  At least four of the teams had zero need for a quarterback.  There were people who had Allen going with the top pick.  Working in Buffalo or Cleveland or any northern team takes a kid with a strong arm.  He has one.  They'll train him up and he'll be a stud.

I also love the linebacker.  He's a monster.  Great draft.  

I think we'll move back into the second tonight.  

I strongly believe Beane and Co likely had one (or both) of Baker and Darnold higher than Allen. However, it seems obvious to me that if they wanted Darnold badly, and felt he was miles ahead of Allen, they would have made a bold move up to 2.

I also feel they feel they strongly preferred Allen to Rosen. If not, than they likely would have stayed pat until one of Allen or Rosen was taken, and then make a move, if necessary.

• Like (+1) 1