Did the Bills REALLY get their guy?

Scorp83

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Glad I dont have to watch games with you!

Must be a ton o'fun! Like bag full of wet cats fun!

Dude. No offense. But what the hell are you taking about? “Bag full of wet cats” 

where the !@#$ are you from? Oh my god!!

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Dude. No offense. But what the hell are you taking about? “Bag full of wet cats” 

where the !@#$ are you from? Oh my god!!

No offense? 

That litterally seems like you are trying to be offensive. 

Since I was trying to be offensive as well, I'll be a bit more direct....

I'm glad I'm not stuck watching games with such a bitter negative Nancy. It must be a terrible experience!! Like terrible... it would make me move,  go somewhere else, and watch it there.

Thus, like a bag full of wet cats. Cant be fun..

Yikes man...yikes...

Edited by gobills1212

As much as it sickens me to say it, Allen was their guy all along. It should be clear given they were in talks with the Giants/Browns/Broncos and eventually Tampa and they didn't once flinch or change approach. If the Bills had the first overall pick, Allen would have been the guy. I don't know how or why, but it should be painfully clear the way everything played out.

8 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

No offense? 

That litterally seems like you are trying to be offensive. 

Since I was trying to be offensive as well, I'll be a bit more direct....

I'm glad I'm not stuck watching games with such a bitter negative Nancy. It must be a terrible experience!! Like terrible... it would make me move,  go somewhere else, and watch it there.

Thus, like a bag full of wet cats. Cant be fun..

Yikes man...yikes...

You’re so old fashioned...at least try to be cool. 

Bag full of wet cats, lol. ? 

Edited by Carter

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

You’re so old fashioned...at least try to be cool. 

Bag full of wet cats, lol. ? 

Ol fashioned?

Lol, your response to a 30 yr old dude on a message board to bring called a debbie downer is calling them old fashioned? 

Get with the times my man! I dont care if you dont dig Allen or you think hes the cats meow.  

But, if ya cant keep up - you shouldn't try.

That being said... I assume that's that then.

10 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ol fashioned?

Lol, your response to a 30 yr old dude on a message board to bring called a debbie downer is calling them old fashioned? 

Get with the times my man! I dont care if you dont dig Allen or you think hes the cats meow.  

But, if ya cant keep up - you shouldn't try.

That being said... I assume that's that then.

Cats Meow!!!   Hahahaha. Stop!! Please!!! Lol.  ? 

33 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

As much as it sickens me to say it, Allen was their guy all along. It should be clear given they were in talks with the Giants/Browns/Broncos and eventually Tampa and they didn't once flinch or change approach. If the Bills had the first overall pick, Allen would have been the guy. I don't know how or why, but it should be painfully clear the way everything played out.

I'm not so sure. If they had gotten the second pick, I think it's a good chance they'd have taken a different guy. They continued to try to move up, but with 2 QBs gone they didn't have much choice. The only thing clear is they didn't want Rosen , maybe at all. If Allen went of the board, it might have changed to an LB at 12 then a QB. We can't know for sure, but they made a contingent deal with DEN days before the draft. Chubb was surprisingly available so the Broncos backed out. The Bills had to expect that 2 QBs would be gone by pick 5, so there's no way to say it was going to be Allen with either Mayfield or Darnold on the board. 

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Dude. You’re hilarious. Are all people from Wyoming like you? 

Lol, i live in buffalo dude. 

I was going to ask if all people in Buffalo are as slow as you - but obviously that isnt the case.

You did however prove there are exceptions. 

Case in point! 

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not so sure. If they had gotten the second pick, I think it's a good chance they'd have taken a different guy. They continued to try to move up, but with 2 QBs gone they didn't have much choice. The only thing clear is they didn't want Rosen , maybe at all. If Allen went of the board, it might have changed to an LB at 12 then a QB. We can't know for sure, but they made a contingent deal with DEN days before the draft. Chubb was surprisingly available so the Broncos backed out. The Bills had to expect that 2 QBs would be gone by pick 5, so there's no way to say it was going to be Allen with either Mayfield or Darnold on the board. 

I would have always guessed Darnold was #1 so I wld have agreed with you. 

But, when it was said the Bill's were the only team to actually talk to Allen that day and they spent some time discussing the situation it kind of made me think he was the target from the get.

I too wld love to know how bad they wanted 2 for darnold. Double eade sword knowing if they didnt/couldnt they'd have to face him 2x a yr. 

For their sake I hope Allen always was the target.

I also wonder if he was, how worried they were about the #1 to cle rumors..

Edited by gobills1212

On 4/27/2018 at 1:22 PM, Scorp83 said:

Did the Bills REALLY get their guy? Or did they panic? 

I believed they panic! I believe they're guy was Darnold...then given the fact that they met with Mayfield about 4 times... i feel like they panic once Mayfield went 1st overall. The Giants probably told them no...Our guy is there, then the Jets...who really screwed us since the trade...take Darnold! Now people want to praise Beane for patients...Please! He was trying to trade with the Browns, The Broncos & the Colts...problem was...all those teams couldn't pass on the players that fell to them.

It's obvious that they had Allen over Rosen (Which is concerning imo) & it's just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen. How far apart were Allen & Rosen? I felt like they could hve sat there at 12 once "Their Guy" went off the board. When you watch Allen play...its just no way they can say... "He was our guy"

They panic... just like the other regime did with JP Losman. 

Thoughts? 

Every Bills fan has their own opinion (YAH THINK) & Mcbean & company isn't going to make every one happy no matter what they do but i believe that they have a plan in place & they know football a lot better than any of us or we would be employed by a NFL team but were not so what does that say ??

I also believe that they will do better by these rookie players than other coaches that we have had in the past & what ever they do it will be done from an eye of experience learned over a career of years of learning from others with NFL experiences that were passed down to them ...

Billieve in the process GO BILLS !!  

• Like (+1) 1