Did the Bills REALLY get their guy?

Scorp83

23 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Did the Bills REALLY get their guy? Or did they panic? 

I believed they panic! I believe they're guy was Darnold...then given the fact that they met with Mayfield about 4 times... i feel like they panic once Mayfield went 1st overall. The Giants probably told them no...Our guy is there, then the Jets...who really screwed us since the trade...take Darnold! Now people want to praise Beane for patients...Please! He was trying to trade with the Browns, The Broncos & the Colts...problem was...all those teams couldn't pass on the players that fell to them.

It's obvious that they had Allen over Rosen (Which is concerning imo) & it's just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen. How far apart were Allen & Rosen? I felt like they could hve sat there at 12 once "Their Guy" went off the board. When you watch Allen play...its just no way they can say... "He was our guy"

They panic... just like the other regime did with JP Losman. 

Thoughts? 

Beane was outmaneuvered by the Jets, then compounded the error by overpaying to move up to 7, THEN, picked the wrong QB.  But if you listen to Beane, I'm sure he'll say Allen was the guy all along...  I believe him when he says that, which is bad news for the future of the franchise.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Jesus Christ this forum has a lot of crap in it. I was probably the most vocal anti-Allen guy on this forum, but one thing that is obvious is that Beane and McD got the guy they wanted. 

its obvious they preferred Allen quite a bit more than Rosen. Not sure if they got "their guy" who may have been Mayfield or Darnold. In fact, Beane has never said they got "their #1 guy, which leads me to believe he was not the #1 QB on their board.

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That broad told me we'd meet again on some sunny day.  So far.....zilch.  I wonder what has become of her.

Does anybody else here
Feel the way I do?

Edited by ddaryl

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think the Fish  might have moved up

Mayock was saying that Gase loves Tannehill. 

I guess we will never know. I feel like the Bills could probably have waited until 12 to draft Allen after what happened with the tweets the night before. Arizona could have liked Allen over Rosen though. 

I get it though, you cant wait and see what happens and risk losing your guy or one of the better ones left.

1 hour ago, ElMarko said:

The Bills had to outbid Arizona for pick 7. Regardless of how you feel about Allen (I’m on the fence) at least know the facts. Neither Josh would have been avail past pick 10. Plain and simple. 

At least not past pick 11. I believe the Dolphins would have taken one if they fell to them.

Then we'd be stuck with Jackson *gasp*

Edited by MJS

Just now, psuscott16 said:

Mayock was saying that Gase loves Tannehill. 

I guess we will never know. I feel like the Bills could probably have waited until 12 to draft Allen after what happened with the tweets the night before. Arizona could have liked Allen over Rosen though. 

I get it though, you cant wait and see what happens and risk losing your guy or one of the better ones left.

Yep.  I would have preferred Rosen because he's more polished at this point but you have to have faith in the exhaustive process they went through to decide on Allen

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I'm on board with the pick.  I don't care for Rosen, and when I heard him after the draft saying he was mad at the 9 teams that passed him and would make them pay for it, I thought you're an idiot.  At least four of the teams had zero need for a quarterback.  There were people who had Allen going with the top pick.  Working in Buffalo or Cleveland or any northern team takes a kid with a strong arm.  He has one.  They'll train him up and he'll be a stud.

I also love the linebacker.  He's a monster.  Great draft.  

I think we'll move back into the second tonight.  

A couple thoughts....

- I am pleased with the draft

- I don’t like that are FO has traded up 4 times in the first two rounds the last two years.  I don’t dislike the trades separately.  But, for a long term successful plan trading up frequently isn’t good

- I don’t agree when folks say we need a strong armed QB because of the weather.  How many games are in bad weather a year and how many teams have the same amount of bad weather games

I posted maybe three times before the draft? Each time, I said that those of you who didn't think the Bills liked Josh Allen were projecting your feelings about Josh Allen. Of course they liked Allen. Liked him from the start. Y'all just didn't want to believe it. It's certainly possible they liked another quarterback a little more -- I bet it was Darnold, if so -- but this Buffalo draft was always headed toward Allen. I'm just glad they didn't have to give up their other No. 1 or next year's No. 1 (which is going to be top 10, at least) in order to make the pick. 

54 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I believed they panic! I believe they're guy was Darnold...then given the fact that they met with Mayfield about 4 times... i feel like they panic once Mayfield went 1st overall. The Giants probably told them no...Our guy is there, then the Jets...who really screwed us since the trade...take Darnold! Now people want to praise Beane for patients...Please! He was trying to trade with the Browns, The Broncos & the Colts...problem was...all those teams couldn't pass on the players that fell to them.

It's obvious that they had Allen over Rosen (Which is concerning imo) & it's just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen. How far apart were Allen & Rosen? I felt like they could hve sat there at 12 once "Their Guy" went off the board. When you watch Allen play...its just no way they can say... "He was our guy"

Thoughts? 

One thing they didn't do is panic.   

These two guys are the epitome of being prepared, being patient and sticking with their plan.   If, as you suggest, Mayfield and Darnold were their first two choices, they were prepared for that.  They knew how much they were willing to pay to get Allen.   They had a deal in place with Tampa Bay (Beane said so), and when Allen got to 7, the Bills called and finalized the deal.   

It may turn out to be a mistake, but if so, it was a mistake in judgment, not panic.  

32 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Beane was outmaneuvered by the Jets, then compounded the error by overpaying to move up to 7, THEN, picked the wrong QB.  But if you listen to Beane, I'm sure he'll say Allen was the guy all along...  I believe him when he says that, which is bad news for the future of the franchise.

this is such a bull **** post. keep trolling though, keep trolling with your what, second or third account?

36 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

False. He was not outmaneuvered by the Jets. The Jets had to move 3 spots which is a lot easier than moving from 12 to 3.  Reports are the Cardinals we're looking to trade to 7 to get Allen. So again believe your conspiracy theory but it holds no weight. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

What don't you like about the scenario?  Seems pretty straight forward.

thing is, you have no clue what so ever. neither do I but I'll go ahead and call your take bull ****. here you are , a rosen fanboy trolling the board claiming beane & co were out maneuvered by the jets, LOL. they were likely going to move up but were not willing to deal with the jets or giants who were likely asking too much. allen was likely their guy from the get go and claiming it is/was/will be bad news for beane and his future, again bull ****.

keep trolling though, keep trolling.

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts? 

Go to Buffalo Bills Twitter site and check out the Facetime call from Kim Pegula to Allen.   She states he was first QB visit and in her opinion, the only one necessary.  So maybe OBD did lock in on him since day 1.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure what this discussion is about?

The Bills pretty much knew they weren’t getting Darnold since virtually EVERY Mock had him going to the Browns. So take him out of the debate.

So when the Bills picked they had a choice of ANYONE in the world except mayfield...who had gone #1. Given that, the picked Allen!  By definition, he was ‘their guy’.

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts? 

There were reports that the Cardinals tried to make a deal to jump up ahead of Buffalo to select Allen. They lacked the ammo to do so. They then moved up to select Rosen. 

If you are asking the question whether the Bills would have selected Darnold over Allen I am not sure. What is obvious is that the Bills were targeting Allen as one of their two top qb prospects. What is also apparent is that all the qb needy teams had Allen ranked in the top group with both Cleveland and the Jets seriously considering him up to the end as the qb of their choice. 

People can have different opinions on Allen. But what can't be disputed is that there is a overwhelming consensus by the evaluators in the business that he was not only a highly regarded prospect but also for the most part ranked near the top of this class.