RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Some of you are out of control lol..

Like they didn’t meet with the guy, talk to his coaches, watch his tape, these are professional evaluators with their careers on the line, I think they see something they can work with here. It wasn’t even a forced EJ Manual pick, it’s the guy they wanted. 

R-E-L-A-X

Exactly!  I was hopeful for Rosen, but we need to give Allen a chance.

Has everyone forgotten that most evaluators pegged this class as just OK. Bills went with the guy who the majority of evaluators thought had the highest ceiling. Maybe the rest are Andy Dalton’s. 

Edited by Bockeye

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Would have liked Rosen, but this kid has all the physical attributes.  If he can get where he processes info we'll he'll be our guy for quite a while

Yeah but have you noticed it's mostly the mental attributes at the NFL level that separate good QBs from bad ones?

EJ had all the physical attributes too.  EJ is worthless as a QB.

I'm so disappointed on how a good portion of our fan base is reacting to what should be a top 3 moment in Bills history, we have so many fans that are total brats, behaving like small children cause they didn't get what they want, how many will lie 2 years from now and claim they supported Josh Allen from day one.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Best arm. 

Highest Wonderlic. 

Ideal size. 

Stellar leadership and teammate. 

Accuracy issues. 

They all had question marks. Im going to trust the process and enjoy the kid. Seems like a good young man. 

I heard his white board process was off the charts in interviews! Seems like Kid is smart as hell!!

Edited by Bills4life1924
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Yeah but have you noticed it's mostly the mental attributes at the NFL level that separate good QBs from bad ones?

EJ had all the physical attributes too.  EJ is worthless as a QB.

Agree.  We'll see if he gets there.

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Huge assumption is that Rosen is a Corvette. Rosen could be a Honda Accord. Lol

Maybe he's more of a SRT Challenger... so a little reliability concerns : )

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were saying that Arizona was supposedly actually trying to trade up to #7 with the Bucs for Allen. 

So so maybe we just have a different view on which is the corvette than the NFL talent evaluators do... (I hope!)

Yeah man.

I'm hoping.

I'm still nauseous.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Shades of the reception Donovan McNabb received when he was selected by Philly. While I have the same concerns about his accuracy issues, he has other traits that are superior. And I suspect that his footwork can be improved which will lend itself to better accuracy. He’s ours now. Let’s get behind the kid.

Fair enough. My only concern is that Eagles fans could have seen that McNabb was really good in college. Allen was very average, and quite terrible against big time opponents. McNabb was electric with the Cuse. His downfall in college was his lack of success in big games. This same issue followed McNabb in the pros. If Allen’s NFL career is anything like his college career, he’ll be an inaccurate passing leader of an average team. College success doesn’t equal NFL success, and vice versa. My greatest concern is that Allen has done nothing in college to show he can be franchise QB. He is a pure potential pick, and that is scary. 

• Like (+1) 1