This kid has everything you want in a QB

McBean

Can he put it together?

Watch some of these highlights at the Senior Bowl with good talent around him.

Notice his mechanics, foot work, and those throws. The throw on the run when Harrison Phillips is chasing him is insane.

Upside: Big Ben

Downside: Cutler

I'll say it again, Brandon Beane has brass balls. Allen could be a home run for many years. You can't teach the skills this dude has.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Except accuracy and touch.

Actually at the senior bowl game he made a few nice touch throws, and was pretty accurate. Weird because in the practices he threw up a bunch of turds in drills and practice

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Except accuracy and touch.

No denying his accuracy in college wasn't good.

However, the talent around him was trash. 

I'm excited we have a guy that has this much upside.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, McBean said:

Can he put it together?

Notice his mechanics, foot work, and those throws. The throw on the run when Harrison Phillips is chasing him is insane.

I'll say it again, Brandon Beane has brass balls. Allen could be a home run for many years. You can't teach the skills this dude has.

I hate to admit it, but I think I've had a mental block when trying to come up with comparables for Allen.  Jay Cutler is a really good one. Rocket arm, athletic but definitely not a "running QB." We make fun of Cutler and for good reason, but the guy was pretty good for a while ... if Allen is just a little less obnoxious (those 16 year old's tweets don't bode well) and a lot more dedicated to his craft, that could be a very good scenario for Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

Can he put it together?

82nd in college football in passer rating. 58th in QBR. 

There is no chance this works out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

82nd in college football in passer rating. 58th in QBR. 

There is no chance this works out.

Unless a young kid get better?  

Gotta love the “no chance” people.  There IS most definitely a chance

• Like (+1) 4

Too this regime can learn from the Bills past as to what not to do with a rookie QB I think the Bills have had decent talent in the past at the position but by the hand of the coaches at the time have put those young QB's at a terrible disadvantage weather it be just plain bad coaching or bad decision as far as their timing to insert them into the games !!

I think these guys have been methodical & have a plan in place & hopefully can build this guy into a really good NFL starting QB !! 

1 minute ago, T master said:

Too this regime can learn from the Bills past as to what not to do with a rookie QB I think the Bills have had decent talent in the past at the position but by the hand of the coaches at the time have put those young QB's at a terrible disadvantage weather it be just plain bad coaching or bad decision as far as their timing to insert them into the games !!

No coaching staff studies the failures of past regimes.   These guys are ego-driven Alpha males who only charge forward, using their own experiences as road maps.   

History is for historians and fans...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

No denying his accuracy in college wasn't good.

However, the talent around him was trash. 

I'm excited we have a guy that has this much upside.

So were the secondaries in the MWC he faced, but I guess that doesn't mean much.  Just to be clear, I'm addressing your argument, not necessarily Allen himself.

Edited by NewEraBills

Just now, Lurker said:

No coaching staff studies the failures of past regimes.   These guys are ego-driven Alpha males who only charge forward, using their own experiences as road maps.   

History is for historians and fans...

Bingo!

These guys are just trying to recreate what they had in Carolina with what they hope is Cam Newton 2.0.

Allen is not Cam Newton, he's Gabbert at best.

3 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Bingo!

These guys are just trying to recreate what they had in Carolina with what they hope is Cam Newton 2.0.

Allen is not Cam Newton, he's Gabbert at best.

Carson Wentz is more what they are looking for. Let's see what we have. They certainly believed strongly in him to do what they did.

23 minutes ago, McBean said:

Can he put it together?

He doesn't have everything. If he did, he was going 1st overall. He has accuracy issues. He gets confused by coverages. He doesn't throw many anticipatory throws. Thats why he needs to sit a learn. 

Does he have massive upside? Yes, he does.

• Like (+1) 3