This kid has everything you want in a QB

McBean

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

It was also said about a bunch of other guys who are good QBs. What a nothing statement of no import to get upset about..

Oh, i'm not upset there, crackerjack..........i was just throwing out a few items and since it means nothing to you, well thanks for the response.

Just now, Sweats said:

Oh, i'm not upset there, crackerjack..........i was just throwing out a few items and since it means nothing to you, well thanks for the response.

You seem upset. You threw out a crackerjack to make yourself feel better. Also, reading comprehension is important. At no point did I say your idiocy means nothing to me, Scrotum Junkie. I said the statement you're so upset about it a nothing statement and it's ridiculous to be upset about someone saying that. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

In another thread, Horned Dogs suggested bringing in Jordan Palmer full time to work with him.  That sounds like a good idea to me.

...good idea....supposed to be a good teacher......BTW, remember his "long tenure" with da Bills?........

Buffalo Bills

On August 25, 2014, Palmer signed with the Buffalo Bills, but was released on August 29.......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

You seem upset. You threw out a crackerjack to make yourself feel better. Also, reading comprehension is important. At no point did I say your idiocy means nothing to me, Scrotum Junkie. I said the statement you're so upset about it a nothing statement and it's ridiculous to be upset about someone saying that. 

Thanks for playing, Chief, but once again you've completely missed the mark.

That is all........carry on

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good idea....supposed to be a good teacher......BTW, remember his "long tenure" with da Bills?........

Buffalo Bills

On August 25, 2014, Palmer signed with the Buffalo Bills, but was released on August 29.......

Ahh, but the memories of his ballet-like footwork will be with us forever.

9 minutes ago, noacls said:

You never did anything stupid when you were 16?

No. I thank the good Lord every morning that social media didn't exist when I was 16.  I'm not bothered at all; just saying that sometimes it's just a youthful indiscretion, sometimes it's a bad sign for the future, you just never know until a Cutler or an Allen has been around for a little while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Actually at the senior bowl game he made a few nice touch throws, and was pretty accurate. Weird because in the practices he threw up a bunch of turds in drills and practice

EJ Manuel looked great at the Senior Bowl as well. 

He's one of the most inaccurate QBs I've ever seen in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

EJ Manuel looked great at the Senior Bowl as well. 

He's one of the most inaccurate QBs I've ever seen in the NFL. 

Yes I agree, but I was just pointing out an observation I had watching the game tape of him playing in the Senior bowl and presenting that out.

Here are my positives of Allen,, twisting any negatives to positives, to offset some of the pessimistic hysteria seen of Allen on other threads:

(1) You say his completion percentage in college was poor? Ever factor in that this was partly because he threw more longer 15+ yard passes each game because of the system he ran, and focus on his strong arm and getting the ball downfield,  with less dinking and dunking 0-4 yard passes, as a website breaking down those stats of the top 4 qbs showed. In the NFL, a smarter coach will consider more shorter to medium range passes, realizing his arm strength and very fast release could be used there too.  Also, understand his receivers on that team may have been much less than ideal, with them not getting open or not being able to catch bullets in their direction, as that was not a great bunch of players.

(2) You say his footwork and timing sucks? Are we asking Allen to start immediately? Many great qbs take 2+ years to develop, if not more time. He says he has been working out with professionals rec3ntly to help him in those areas. And the Bills staff has much time to help him with that too. This guy is not a football IQ dummie. He had a very high Wonderlic, by far highest of the four. He is very logical and has the ability to learn and change bad habits.

(3) You are pissed with those tweets? Absolutely. They were very improper, and he has said so and apologized  and wants to  prove that those remarks are not him. He knows he was dumb then. He seems now very motivated to prove to his teammates and the Bills that he is a good guy and made the right decision, and in trading up, if you listen to what he had to say after being drafted. Let him be a better person by learning from those wrongs. There are numerous persons who say hateful or untrue things that never admit wrong, and pretend they are someone else. Give the guy credit ar least for not being like that and denying things or keeping the hate, but instead admiting he failed there. His tears to the Bills staff when talking about such likely tell me he was being genuine in feeling remorse.

(4) You say Rosen would have been a better choice? Because of accuracy in college, yes. Decision making in college, likely. Foot mechanics, yes. How do we know that will equate to the same in the pros, under different systems and coaching? Allen perhaps has a higher ceiling because of his mobility, arm strength, rapid release, pleasant personality and durability. Rosen is just as equally to fail as Allen because of limitations or deficiencies.

(5) You say we gave up too much for Allen? Many experts had him rated number one for the quarterbacks, if not predicting he would be picked #1 off the board. We picked him at #7, after trading up. There was no guarantee he would have been there at 12, as teams can trade picks with other teams. Of course, if Allen fails we will have given up too much. But, how many times will the Bills have a chance to pick a top 10 qb? If he succeeds and has a 15 year career with the Bills, BB and company will be seen as geniuses, for having faith in Allen, and not assuming college stats and foot issues could not be resolved. If he fails, the top people in the organization will have to deal with the repurcussions. At least they guts, in going with their guy, despite any naysayers.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I sure as hell did...

Plus, if Allen did something dumb he would be asked, "Stop acting dumb. Were you raised on a farm or something?" "Why yes, yes I was"...

So, now being a farmer is a negative thing?

He has everything I want except accuracy, sound mechanics, a winning history, the ability the process a defense, wr progression, the ability to carry a team on his back and a better than 2:1 TD/Into ratio against some of the worst schools in the country.

Other than that though.