Did Terry P push for Allen?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes we shall.  I wanted Rosen but understand we need to see how things go.  You on the other hand think you're Nostradamus.

The knee jerk reactions on this board is amazing and 99% of fans here don’t know anything about scouting a QB or what makes a good QB.

I wanted Rosen strictly because he could hit the ground running. I desire immediate satisfaction.

Im also fine with Allen. This board and their stats are hopefully proven incorrect.

3 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Ha, this is my problem with the pick though. I'm terrible at picking out what QB is going to be good (liked Akili as well), but my intuition's been almost perfect with QBs I was sure would be terrible (Leaf, Losman, Hackenberg, many others). Josh Allen seems made of red flags. Here's hoping Allen breaks that streak.

Hopeful things (besides arm): he's affable, seemed to be maturing at a faster rate than most rising QBs, someone noted he was the leader of the QBs at the combine. Kelly's stats in college were even more unimpressive, fwiw, and he improved.

Still hard to get past: experts observations he's bad at reading defenses, wilted against good competition

So, we'll see, I guess. I do believe we have far fewer holes on defense than people think, and Tremaine Edmunds is likely the steal of the draft (quite possible we have the PFF ROTY on defense for a second year in a row), so do feel we at least improved ourselves in one pick, and there's a small chance a lot of us are wrong and we got our QB of the future (as much as i would have preferred four other qbs to this guy).

Hah, I watched a ton of Ryan Leaf’s college games and I thought he was gonna be a superstar.

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

And fans like you just continually bend over and take the ineptitude with a KoolAid mustache.  That's being a fool IMO.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'll always appreciate Kim and Terry saving the Bills but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are crappy owners and I'm not going to hold my tongue about it just because they kept the team here. I'm going to hold them accountable whether you like it or not.

Yeah, the horror of saving the franchise and making the playoffs in just their 3rd full season of ownership (I don't GAF about the Sabres) after 17 years of futility.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ******* said:

Saw mort reported that Pegula was crazy for Allen. Do you think terry had any influence on the pick ?

No.

Kim was on the NFL network and stated that while they both watch film they don't really know what they are looking at so they leave the player decisions to the people who do know. 

...I'm certain Pegula pays McBeane $2 mil/yr and allowed him to hire + or - 17 scouts for his staff (many with high level exec experience from around the league) so he could play Jurrah Jones and direct the draft....SMH........gonna be a LONG weekend........

I don't even want to think about the possibility that Pegula was the deciding factor in drafting Allen.  This guy has refused to hire a President of Hockey Operations to run the hockey side of the Sabres, and he refuses to hire someone to fill a similar role with the Bills.

I really hope that Beane makes the final call on all moves...F/A, draft, trades, roster.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Sabres. Hiring Rex. Hiring McDermott. The shitshow that was the Whaley press conference. Use of horrendous metaphors during owners meetings. Being "enamored" with Josh Allen.

Hiring McDermott???

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

What does it matter, this franchise just blew it. Pegula allowed that to happen, or even worse, he was complicit. 

Hasn't taken a practice snap yet, but the Bills blew it...lay off the soap operas, you have too much drama in your life.

Edited by Fallser