Did Terry P push for Allen?

41 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It will come down to how well Allen will handle the mental aspects of the position.  He clearly has the physical skills.  I wanted Rosen because I think he shows he can handle the mental skills.

Wait a minute.  Allen is the one, who when interviewed after being picked, thanks the Bills organization for having faith in him while  Rosen is all pouty and angry because he was the 10th pick and the 4th QB taken and you think Rosen has shown he can handle the mental skills?  The same Rosen who admitted later that his smile on stage was fake?  The same Rosen who the ESPN analysts said is good when the pocket is clean but freaks out when it's not, while one of Allen's strengths is being able to make plays on the run when the pocket breaks down?

Just now, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Wait a minute.  Allen is the one, who when interviewed after being picked, thanks the Bills organization for having faith in him while  Rosen is all pouty and angry because he was the 10th pick and the 4th QB taken and you think Rosen has shown he can handle the mental skills?  The same Rosen who admitted later that his smile on stage was fake?  The same Rosen who the ESPN analysts said is good when the pocket is clean but freaks out when it's not, while one of Allen's strengths is being able to make plays on the run when the pocket breaks down?

Mental in terms of being able to read defenses, make correct decisions on where to go with the ball.  Things like that.

Rosen may have dropped because some thought he was a real prick.  That didn't bother me at all.  Jimbo wasn't exactly the friendliest guy when he came to Buffalo either.

It’s all the process. Allen seemed like their type of guy, and it’s no more complicated than that. I do believe that it wasn’t a good choice, but Beane and McDermott probably think that he is “their type of guy”. In that sense, this pick didn’t surprise me at all. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Pegula is a moron so it makes sense.

Pegula saved our Bills.  Like most Bill's fans my age (48), I watched Ralph get older and older and knew that sooner or later he would pass and we would become another Cleveland or Baltimore and lose our team, but unlike them, we were never going to get them back. Terry and Kim stepped in and saved our team and our city.  Without the Bills, Buffalo becomes another Toledo. The Buffalo Bills are the heart and soul of our city.

I know that most self made billionaires are "morons", but maybe in his case, with what he's done for our community, you might find it in your heart to cut the man some slack...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

Pegula saved our Bills.  Like most Bill's fans my age (48), I watched Ralph get older and older and knew that sooner or later he would pass and we would become another Cleveland or Baltimore and lose our team, but unlike them, we were never going to get them back. Terry and Kim stepped in and saved our team and our city.  Without the Bills, Buffalo becomes another Toledo. The Buffalo Bills are the heart and soul of our city.

I know that most self made billionaires are "morons", but maybe in his case, with what he's done for our community, you might find it in your heart to cut the man some slack...

I'll always appreciate Kim and Terry saving the Bills but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are crappy owners and I'm not going to hold my tongue about it just because they kept the team here. I'm going to hold them accountable whether you like it or not.

57 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

And you're the typical Bills fan who accepts this crap from this team without ever questioning them...  The organization loves you guys I'm sure.

What has this front office done to date that has your panties in a bunch?

Getting rid of the dead weight of previous regimes? Drafting  immediate starters like White, Dawkins, and Milano? Acquiring draft capital to secure future franchise blue chip talent? Infusing a winning attitude and culture that was sorely lacking? Clearing cap space that will lead to quality FA signings next season? Making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years as a rookie coach and GM?

You're right! If they keep throwing me this crap not only will I accept it but I'll gladly smell it all day long. FTR, I wanted Rosen as well. But I'm leaving the judging of talent to those paid well to do so and I trust their instincts. They've done ok so far.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'll always appreciate Kim and Terry saving the Bills but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are crappy owners and I'm not going to hold my tongue about it just because they kept the team here. I'm going to hold them accountable whether you like it or not.

Crappy owners based on what?

I'll give you hiring Rex if that was gonna be one of your points but what other information do you know that proved they are taking control of the roster?

1 hour ago, ******* said:

Saw mort reported that Pegula was crazy for Allen. Do you think terry had any influence on the pick ?

Big time. I think politics played a huge role in the Allen over Rosen pick. Anyone with football sense knows Rosen was the better QB. 

Just now, The Wiz said:

Crappy owners based on what?

I'll give you hiring Rex if that was gonna be one of your points but what other information do you know that proved they are taking control of the roster?

Sabres. Hiring Rex. Hiring McDermott. The shitshow that was the Whaley press conference. Use of horrendous metaphors during owners meetings. Being "enamored" with Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

And you're the typical Bills fan who accepts this crap from this team without ever questioning them...  The organization loves you guys I'm sure.

you need to find another hobby. why support a team you do nothing but B word and moan about and obviously are not happy with. typical drama queen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I watched six of his games last year.  They blew it.

I watched every game of Akili Smith’s career at Oregon, and I was sure he was going to be a great NFL QB. You have absolutely no idea.

4 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Big time. I think politics played a huge role in the Allen over Rosen pick. Anyone with football sense knows Rosen was the better QB. 

I tend to see political motives in a lot, and I truly am not a fan of this pick, but the motivation for this looks a lot more basic than that. This is the chase for the (usually) imaginary potential. Rosen looked great in college, but b/c he feels ready, he feels complete and taking him grants the selector no glory (you made the obvious choice). However, the project is sexier, and plays to the vanity of the coach/GM as if they hit, it makes them look prescient for seeing the potential in him, and coaching geniuses for being able to get the most out of him.

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

I watched every game of Akili Smith’s career at Oregon, and I was sure he was going to be a great NFL QB. You have absolutely no idea.

Ha, this is my problem with the pick though. I'm terrible at picking out what QB is going to be good (liked Akili as well), but my intuition's been almost perfect with QBs I was sure would be terrible (Leaf, Losman, Hackenberg, many others). Josh Allen seems made of red flags. Here's hoping Allen breaks that streak.

Hopeful things (besides arm): he's affable, seemed to be maturing at a faster rate than most rising QBs, someone noted he was the leader of the QBs at the combine. Kelly's stats in college were even more unimpressive, fwiw, and he improved.

Still hard to get past: experts observations he's bad at reading defenses, wilted against good competition

So, we'll see, I guess. I do believe we have far fewer holes on defense than people think, and Tremaine Edmunds is likely the steal of the draft (quite possible we have the PFF ROTY on defense for a second year in a row), so do feel we at least improved ourselves in one pick, and there's a small chance a lot of us are wrong and we got our QB of the future (as much as i would have preferred four other qbs to this guy).

Edited by thurst44

I would like to know if the scouts, McDermott,  Beane, Joe Schoen, Malik Boyd, Lake Dawson came to a consensus that Allen was better than Rosen. If this is the case, then I am good with the pick.  If Rosen was felt to be the better pick but Pegula made the call, then nothing has changed in Buffalo.