Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating

Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating  

455 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the Bills selecting Josh Allen

• Yes, he will be a star
    • No, he will be a bust
    • I’m somewhere in the middle

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I’m curious to know the pulse of Two Bills a drive in regards to the selection of QB Josh Allen. 

Personally, I wanted Rosen.  I think that statistically the odds are against Allen succeeding.  Beane’s job is pretty much on the line here, because like Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley, he needs to justify his choice for QB’s.

so vote in the poll... do you agree or disagree with the pick.

He doesn't need to justify anything.

He made his pick, now he just needs to accept the roll of the dice he just made.

If the rest of the moves he's made continue to pay out, like drafting Edwards, the FA signings (Davis, star, Murphy) I'm willing to let the Allen pick slide if it falls, with a couple conditions:

-they give Allen enough time to actually develop before cutting bait, the last thing you want is to give up early, then he blossoms with another team

-Beane continues to hit doubles, triples, and home runs with his other picks. If your QB pick fails, everything else you did better be legit and impactful overall.

-Beane recognizes the mistake if Allen fails, owns it, and goes for another QB. This is a big one for me. When our previous QBs were failing, our former GMs sat on their hands and were afraid to take risks on another QB. It's like a basketball player never shooting because he is afraid to miss. Guess what? Never taking another shot is just as bad, eventually the shot clock runs out. If your guy is failing, take another shot until something hits.

I expect Beane and McD to be here another 4 years minimum, were have to see how this plays out.

Beane traded the farm on a hope and a prayer.

Just when you thought you seen the worst with Doug Wayley and Watkins - Along comes "Jack and the Beane stalk".

Someone PLEASE give examples of any and all NFL QBs that successfully overcame accuracy issues - PLEASE.

• Like (+1) 1

i'm in the middle hoping for the next elway. i think things worked out great for rosen and am happy for him as to where he landed. the one thing i am happy about and think the f.o. may feel this way, is that we can afford to let him sit for up to 2 yrs.

i think we are in good hands with a.j. and actually can't wait to see what he can do. there is no rush or pressure to get him in the game. now let's build this team.

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

Rosen not tough enough to be a Buffalo Bill. It was that simple.

I kind of felt like he let sliding down the draft get under his skin a little too easy. Like not in the good way "I am going to prove you all wrong", but more like the "you guys are all morons, :censored: this, I don't need this crap" kind of vibe.

I’m somewhere in the middle.  Ask me again in 2 or 3 years.  

Matt BowenESPN Staff Writer 

Josh Allen has the highest-ceiling of the 2018 QB class. Size in the pocket, arm talent and the mobility to make off-scheduled plays. However, Allen is still raw on tape and needs time to develop his overall game. Upside pick here for the Bills.

I was mind melding with Beane remotely 

“No matter if we selected any quarterback, they all had something, a knock, on them,” Beane said. “You have to pick what you’re willing to deal with and work with. We just think his makeup is going to help him work on his flaws. We like a lot of his strengths. That will be part of our job here, is to accentuate his strengths and work on his fundamentals and what his so-called weaknesses are, and I have no doubt he can do that.”

12 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Just when you thought you seen the worst with Doug Wayley and Watkins - Along comes "Jack and the Beane stalk".

Someone PLEASE give examples of any and all NFL QBs that successfully overcame accuracy issues - PLEASE.

I wouldn't say giving up zero first round picks this year or next year is "trading the farm" I would have been disappointed if we had to give up #22 or our first next year, but giving up two 2nd round picks in no way constitutes "trading the farm" 

13 minutes ago, cd1 said:

I wouldn't go that far.    "The Farm" would have been what (please do not take offense) Kirby, Gunner and the other armchair GM's  would have been two 1's, and two 2's just to get their QB.   

16 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Brett Favre.   Some would say he had "accuracy issues" yet played in 2 SB's and won 1.   When Favre was HOT he was HOT,  When he wasn't INT city. 

it’s too bad the small percentage that “know” he’s gonna bust also happen to be the most active in this post. 

.... it makes for some awful takes and just the most obnoxious know-it-all rhetoric throughout a whole thread. Good lord. 

Is this everyone’s first draft? How many do you need to see that have flops and steals for you few to realize anyone that pretends to know a guy is gonna bust, or be the demise of the regimine, makes you look like a complete idiot. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Well here we go. First of all the poster you quoted just said that anyone who is defending the Allen pick is drinking kool aid (not koop aid, I'll touch on that later). He just merely accused people of being homers, and didn't even point to specific people. Yet you somehow took that post personally and claimed his was insulting people. How can he insult unnamed people? You're seeing the insult in it yourself, and it really isn't even an insult.

You're a homer, so what, quit being so sensitive about. So that's where I cover why the content of your post is stupid.

This is where I cover you're stupid because you can't write, like Josh Allen can't throw a football into Lake Erie.

If you're* gonna (whatever) defend someone who says ppl (just write people, what are you, 60?) are drinking koop (It's kool) aid for THEIR ( all capital letters is obnoxious, immature, just not a good sign of intelligence) opinion (again, he didn't call out anyone personally) then what you say to me means less then ( I know then vs than can be confusing) doo doo ( I only wish I had a way with words like you).

Shut up when you talk to me.

Well I guess you told me....

Except you didnt

Are you my new best friend?

• Haha (+1) 1