Incoming, Speculation 49ers-Pats trade for Rosen.

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't buy this narrative. The Patriots' picks do not hold a ton of value., according to many reports, nobody really wants picks in the 20s. This is less BB doing them a favor and more BB doing Garoppolo a solid. BB didn't want to send him to Cleveland. It says something about BB's ability as a coach if guys like Garopoplo and Brissett can go be good somewhere else. 

Maybe BB is still pissed at Cleveland. Maybe he really likes Garoppolo. Maybe he owed Mike Shanahan one from back in the day. 

Trading 2 first’s and a 3rd for pick 9 is not out of the question. This would be fair market value in my opinion. . What did the Bills get for the10th pick last year. They got 27th pick last year and 22 this year from the chiefs. Also 3rd round pick this year. Well pats have 23 and 31 in this draft. So hell yes it can happen Who do you think the 49ers will sway towards if it’s close. Bills or Pats in a trade down because Bill did them a favor In the Jimmy G trade. 49ers are set for the next 10 years or so at QB. They were not winning crap last year until Jimmy G came along. Now they have 5 prime time games.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

2 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Trading 2 first’s and a 3rd for the pick 9 is not out of the question. This would be fair market value in my opinion. . What did the Bills get for the10th pick last year. They got 27th pick last year and 22 this year from the chiefs. Also 3rd pick. Well pats have 

23 and 31 in this draft. So he’ll yes it can happen 

Who do you think the 49ers will sway towards if it’s close. Bills or Pats in a trade down. 

Why would the Patriots ever risk taking the 49ers "at their word" to trade further up? Heck at the time the 49ers were what 0-8? Why would the Patriots ever risk having the 49ers renig on sending them a potential top 5 pick? Let alone potentially #1 overall? It just makes no sense to keep it a secret outside of the fact that it makes it interesting in your head.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Why would the Patriots ever risk taking the 49ers "at their word" to trade further up? Heck at the time the 49ers were what 0-8? Why would the Patriots ever risk having the 49ers renig on sending them a potential top 5 pick? Let alone potentially #1 overall? It just makes no sense to keep it a secret outside of the fact that it makes it interesting in your head.

Have you never heard of future considerations either on or off the books. You can’t imagine this happening under any circumstance. One team in the AFC east and one in the NFC west. Are you sure  this could not happen. ? 

10 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Trading 2 first’s and a 3rd for pick 9 is not out of the question. This would be fair market value in my opinion. . What did the Bills get for the10th pick last year. They got 27th pick last year and 22 this year from the chiefs. Also 3rd round pick this year. Well pats have 23 and 31 in this draft. So hell yes it can happen Who do you think the 49ers will sway towards if it’s close. Bills or Pats in a trade down because Bill did them a favor In the Jimmy G trade. 49ers are set for the next 10 years or so at QB. They were not winning crap last year until Jimmy G came along. Now they have 5 prime time games.

I get where you are coming from. I just don't think the value is there this year. Many people believe there are something like 15-20 1st round players. I think it is a very tough ask to get a team in the top 15 to take 2 picks outside of the top 20. I just don't buy the narrative. I also don't think BB will trade up for a quarterback. I think he takes a guy to develop, like Luke Falk or Lauletta later in the draft. 

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

....because when the traded Jimmy G last year the KNEW they would end up with the Rams 1st round pick as well for trade. Genius theory.

No they did not know that. What I’m saying is 49ers owe Billcheat a favor he is making the moves to make this happen. 

I had this thought this morning as well looking at the trade value chart.  We owe the Rams a punch in the nose just for this being a possibility.

I am not sure Rosen would be there guy and I hope he is not ours unless he falls all the way to 12.   How do you think Belichek would do with a rookie QB who wants every one of his questions answered before he does his job?

Also the Pats have holes at QB and CB to fill.    Even though the traditional draft chart says they can get to #9 with their first round picks that won't hold up this year.   We for one have too much ammo.

48 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Maybe you should just take a break from all of this until tomorrow night. Feeling a little unhealthy....

This.    WTH is this guy ever talking about ? 

10 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

No they did not know that. What I’m saying is 49ers owe Billcheat a favor

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

did Belichick do Shanahan any favors in that Super Bowl?

Why help them continue their dynasty, unless the price is so high that you bleed them dry. 2 1sts AND Gronk. Then you can have your guy to create an issue with Brady.

Exactly.

Since when does BB love Mike Shanahan? Nobody outside of Denver loves Mike Shanahan.

58 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is just speculation on my part and Colin Cowherd but The 49ers and Pats may have a deal already In place, when they agreed to trade Jimmy G for only a 2nd round draft pick last year. We all know that it was impossible to  sign Jimmy G and keep Brady. So we all know and it was reported and speculated that  Billcheat wanted to trade Brady. So since he could not pull that off he hatched his plan. He love’s Kyle Shanahan because of Shanny’s dad so he did him and Lynch there GM a favor. He gave them Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder which we all know was below market value. So the deal coming back would be that Lynch trade him there first round pick which would be In the top 10. But Lynch would need to get 2 really good picks to make a deal seam plausible for the trade up to 9. So my guess is they’re looking at a Rosen or Darnold for their next QB. So that’s why the trade of Cook to the Rams took place. Now Bellacheat is in position to move up to nine with the 49ers and get his QB if he’s there. I will be pissed if Bellcheat gets a Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. This place will literally melt down if this happens. Also the Pats by giving up there 2 number ones would still have 2 number 2 picks. Man I am starting to see how this all could turn into a disaster for the AFC east and the Bills. 

Also Brady can’t have more then 2 seasons left. Next years QB draft class is not really that great. 

Pats should be near the Super bowl again this year. They have two number ones and two Number 2’s this year. If I had to bet the Pats are going after Brady’s replacement this year. What if they traded 3 number 1 picks for the 49ers 9th pick. Do you think they would be able to move up. I do, then the pats have just reloaded with Rosen. 

Pretty sure all those QB's suck and this is just smoke for whom they really want Mason Rudolph. They trade every pick this year and next years first to get the best (LOL) QB at #1 after they trade with the Browns!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is just speculation on my part and Colin Cowherd but The 49ers and Pats may have a deal already In place, when they agreed to trade Jimmy G for only a 2nd round draft pick last year. We all know that it was impossible to  sign Jimmy G and keep Brady. So we all know and it was reported and speculated that  Billcheat wanted to trade Brady. So since he could not pull that off he hatched his plan. He love’s Kyle Shanahan because of Shanny’s dad so he did him and Lynch there GM a favor. He gave them Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder which we all know was below market value. So the deal coming back would be that Lynch trade him there first round pick which would be In the top 10. But Lynch would need to get 2 really good picks to make a deal seam plausible for the trade up to 9. So my guess is they’re looking at a Rosen or Darnold for their next QB. So that’s why the trade of Cook to the Rams took place. Now Bellacheat is in position to move up to nine with the 49ers and get his QB if he’s there. I will be pissed if Bellcheat gets a Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. This place will literally melt down if this happens. Also the Pats by giving up there 2 number ones would still have 2 number 2 picks. Man I am starting to see how this all could turn into a disaster for the AFC east and the Bills. 

Also Brady can’t have more then 2 seasons left. Next years QB draft class is not really that great. 

Pats should be near the Super bowl again this year. They have two number ones and two Number 2’s this year. If I had to bet the Pats are going after Brady’s replacement this year. What if they traded 3 number 1 picks for the 49ers 9th pick. Do you think they would be able to move up. I do, then the pats have just reloaded with Rosen. 

I've been reading your post with this playing in the background.  Its pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Everything I have read from NE is that Beichick knows he has a team with, to use a worn out phrase from TBD, “too many holes.” He was hoping to use the extra pick to add another starter to the team.  Of course, it doesn’t mean they won’t trade or draft a QB, I just don’t see them doing it

55 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

The idea of the Patriots moving up to somewhere just south of 7 isn't wrong. I just don't see the dance partner as the team looking to replace Reuben Foster. (In fact, I don't see Chicago moving either, for the same reason.) If you were talking the Packers, the Ravens ... maybe so. They might easily find Josh Allen waiting for them in the middle 10 spots.