If Beane trades up for Allen and passes on Rosen what's your reaction?

DJB

On 4/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, DJB said:

Cry?

Scream ? 

Curl up in fetal position ? 

Opinions needed so Ill know what to do.

Edit: If anyone  throws their tv outside please record it so we can enjoy it here.

Thanks

If your scenario plays out that just may happen... or their might be a hammer going through it ??

On 4/25/2018 at 7:57 AM, DJB said:

Cry?

Scream ? 

Curl up in fetal position ? 

Opinions needed so Ill know what to do.

Edit: If anyone  throws their tv outside please record it so we can enjoy it here.

Thanks

Curious...why do you think you know more than Beane and the whole front office?  Meaning, if they trade up and take Allen, why do you think your opinion that Rosen is better than Allen is more accurate than the months and months of in depth analysis, interviews, etc that none of us can begin to comprehend that the staff put into making that decision?  

How about we all just excited that we drafted a guy our regime felt so strongly about we made a trade to get them and chose them over someone else.

There is a side of me that kind of wants it to be Allen just so I can people watch all the arm chair GM's here go on suicide watch for the next 6 months.  Allen isnt my personal choice, but if the staff feels he is the right guy, I will back it and be fine with it. 

Personally, I think we can get Allen or Rosen anywhere from pick 5 to our own pick at 12, so I would much prefer we stay put or trade less resources to get into that range rather than mortgage a ton to get to #2, especially if its for either of those guys who have strong chance to be available outside the top 4 picks.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Curious...why do you think you know more than Beane and the whole front office?  Meaning, if they trade up and take Allen, why do you think your opinion that Rosen is better than Allen is more accurate than the months and months of in depth analysis, interviews, etc that none of us can begin to comprehend that the staff put into making that decision?  

How about we all just excited that we drafted a guy our regime felt so strongly about we made a trade to get them and chose them over someone else.

There is a side of me that kind of wants it to be Allen just so I can people watch all the arm chair GM's here go on suicide watch for the next 6 months.  Allen isnt my personal choice, but if the staff feels he is the right guy, I will back it and be fine with it. 

Personally, I think we can get Allen or Rosen anywhere from pick 5 to our own pick at 12, so I would much prefer we stay put or trade less resources to get into that range rather than mortgage a ton to get to #2, especially if its for either of those guys who have strong chance to be available outside the top 4 picks.  

I agree with this, though I would trade up to 2 for Darnold.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If we trade to #2, I want it to be for Darnold or Baker (Baker being my personal choice).  

I prefer Darnold, but I like Baker, too.  I just haven't gotten much of an impression that we are looking at him.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I prefer Darnold, but I like Baker, too.  I just haven't gotten much of an impression that we are looking at him.

They have met a lot with Baker actually, so I think he's very much in play.  But like you, I also like Darnold.  But truthfully, I will be excited about any of the top 5 or 6 guys as they all are strong prospects in their own right.  But like anyone, I have my preferences.

To be honest,  I don't think I have a strong preference among the top four,  so I think I'd be OK with this.  I think Rosen is (barely) the best overall prospect of the bunch,  but in terms of personality,  I don't know about him,  especially in a blue collar town like Buffalo.  

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

At the time I made the thread it looked  certain  Darnold  was going  to Cleveland . Also looking  around the boards there are the least amount  of support for Allen than any other top 4 QB

Would  you prefer I sub Darnold  for Rosen in the title?

On 4/25/2018 at 11:07 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

You feel your amateur, arm's length assessment is better than a team of professionals who have access to information you'll never be able to imagine?

I'm high on Rosen and like him the most of the Big 4, but we don't know how the interviews went, and we dont know what the FO plans are.

Yet we see these NFL FOs operate every year and know that they really have no better clue than the avid fans of football and in the case of the Bills historically, that may be giving the FO way too much credit.