Am I the only one? I'll take any of the top 6 QBs

Rubes

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I understand your opinion but Jacksons pro day wasn't that great. He missed a lot of throws

I thought it was a solid performance, but that's no way to judge any QBs potential at the NFL level. 

• Like (+1) 1

In 83 there were 6 QB's taken in the first round of those 6 - 4 played in the SB & 3 are HOF so if that is used as a guide this year of the 6 - 3 could be really good so the Bills have what a 50/50 shot at getting a good one out of the 6 (i failed math so go easy on me) :unsure:

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm going to trust that Beane/McD are getting the guy they believe in, who could be had for the best "price" in draft capital.  I'll wait and see before making any final judgment.

But you know all too well that many fans have already dug in their heels with respect to why one or another of these guys is "can't miss" or "guaranteed bust."  I'll never understand it, but it keeps things entertaining around here.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m with you.  The top 5 are very closely graded IMO.  Mason would be a much stronger option in any other year too, but he’s seen poorly by most here because everyone here so desperately wants to take a guy in the top 10 and not grab the “6th” rated QB.  But in most years, Mason would be probably one of the top 3 QBs on the board.  

Dont get me wrong, I have my preferences like everyone else.  My top choice is Baker, this team needs his swagger to go along with his skill set.  

Personally, I prefer not to trade up to #2 and instead do a cheaper move up with someone like the Colts or Bucs and grab one of the guys certain to fall out of top 5.  Hell, we may even be able to stay at 12 and get our guy.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see one QB out of Rosen, Allen, or Baker still on the board along with Lamar.  This way we can also have more picks to work on our decimated OL and LB group and possibly add a WR too.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

like Beane said... they all have flaws, it’s just a matter of where your threshold is as far as what flaws (and how deep those flaws are) you’re willing to accept.

they were mentioning something along these lines on nfl radio.  all of the qbs have flaws, but certain team may be better equipped/more willing to deal with certain flaws than others.  it's a strange draft this year.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm OK with whoever they pick, but I hope that the Bills aren't. I'm not the one spending hours upon hours scouting these players. Even if I did, I would hope that professional scouts see things in game film that I as a fan do not see. I also didn't sit in the interview room and I wasn't at the private workouts. So given the fact that they have a lot more information than I do, I would hope that the the Bills' front office has much stronger opinions on these players than I do. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be happy to have any of the top 5 (Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson). I just wish that we wouldn't trade away a lot of picks in order to get a specific one when we can probably get one of them at 12 or at the worst by moving up to the 8-10 range.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m with you.  The top 5 are very closely graded IMO.  Mason would be a much stronger option in any other year too, but he’s seen poorly by most here because everyone here so desperately wants to take a guy in the top 10 and not grab the “6th” rated QB.  But in most years, Mason would be probably one of the top 3 QBs on the board.  

Dont get me wrong, I have my preferences like everyone else.  My top choice is Baker, this team needs his swagger to go along with his skill set.  

Personally, I prefer not to trade up to #2 and instead do a cheaper move up with someone like the Colts or Bucs and grab one of the guys certain to fall out of top 5.  Hell, we may even be able to stay at 12 and get our guy.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see one QB out of Rosen, Allen, or Baker still on the board along with Lamar.  This way we can also have more picks to work on our decimated OL and LB group and possibly add a WR too.

Maybe Mason would be a top 3 qb in an ordinary draft.  Typically, there are only 1 or 2 worthy of consideration in the 1st.  I think Andy Dalton is his ceiling, so not a fan.  It's possible one or two of the big 4 drop, but I prefer not to take that chance.  A move to 6 or 7 is probably the sweet spot, as you suggest.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dalton said:

Yes to all 6 as a first round selection.  The difference is where and how much to pay:

Move up:     Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield

Pick @ 12:   Allen

Pick @ 22:   Jackson, Rudolph

I would take Jackson @ 12, not sure he’s there at 22

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm going to trust that Beane/McD are getting the guy they believe in, who could be had for the best "price" in draft capital.  I'll wait and see before making any final judgment.

But you know all too well that many fans have already dug in their heels with respect to why one or another of these guys is "can't miss" or "guaranteed bust."  I'll never understand it, but it keeps things entertaining around here.

Amen. I trust that this FO has identified the QB they want and will do whatever they have to do, within reason, to get him - "within reason" being the operative phrase for me. 

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Hmm well maybe I'm wrong.

is 12 too high for Jackson?

I guess not seeing as how he probably wouldn't make it past Arizona

If the Bills fail to trade into the top 5 it will be an upset IMO.  If they can't for some reason, I'd be fine with Jackson at 12. I'd let him sit behind AJM with the 2019 season in mind.  Still hoping for Darnold or Rosen in the top 5. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

If the Bills fail to trade into the top 5 it will be an upset IMO.  If they can't for some reason, I'd be fine with Jackson at 12. I'd let him sit behind AJM with the 2019 season in mind.  Still hoping for Darnold or Rosen in the top 5. 

Me too buddy

If the Bills can't get one of the "top 4" then literally the only reason I don't want them to wind up with Jackson (at 12 or beyond) is because I'll have to read hundreds, if not thousands, of uninformed "Tyrod 2.0" takes from the unwashed masses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

If the Bills can't get one of the "top 4" then literally the only reason I don't want them to wind up with Jackson (at 12 or beyond) is because I'll have to read hundreds, if not thousands, of uninformed "Tyrod 2.0" takes from the unwashed masses.

That will be comedy gold and some have promised to no longer root for the Bills and maybe leave TSW which will be a good thing. :lol: