Charlie Weis:. "Mayfield....If I were the Bills, I'd go and GET HIM".

PIZ

6 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

I'm pretty sure the IT factor is the ability to finish combined with his confidence to make any throw from any platform. He slings until the game is over, there is no quit in him. Guys can get behind that.

'It' gets ruined when you try and define it. 

It just...is.

That's what makes 'it' so special! Lol

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's just another word to describe intangibles that aren't measurable (leadership, charisma, toughness, swagger, strong work ethic).  I'm cautious of that word too as Sanchez and Manziel also had the "it" factor associated with them.

I never once considered Sanchez a guy that had the "it" factor. This coming from a USC fan. Darnold certainly has more "it" factor than Sanchez ever had IMO.

The thing I like most about Mayfield is walking on two different programs and performing as well as he did at both. He had the confidence to turn down scholarship offers at smaller FBS schools because he believed in his abilities. Throw in the fact that he actually might just be the most accurate passer in this draft as well and you have all the more reason to love him as a prospect. He could be the closets thing to Drew Brees.

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Does this guy have good tape? Or are people hoping he "wills" himself and the rest of the team to championships? All I keep hearing is how he has a will to win, but so did EJ Manuel.

Plenty of good tape, but it may be misleading. In assessing risk people are forgetting that there is a significant possibility that he is a scheme baby whose skills will not translate to the NFL as a long term starter. It's easy to see the risks associated with Allen. It's easy to overlook the risks with Mayfield. All of these guys are risky picks, but for different reasons.

Edited by starrymessenger

8 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I like Mayfield but the whole IT factor thing is dumb.  What is the IT factor?  This has nothing to do with how i feel about Mayfield hes a good QB but im just sick of people saying the IT factor.  With one guy he has the IT factor..With another guy hes a spoiled rich kid.  

When you’re talking about “it factor” with a qb it’s very simple. There are some guys that just flat out know how to do it. 

There are guys with a strong arm, there are some guys that can run and escape a sack. None of that means anything unless they have it. 

Im assuming most here have played football at some points in their life whether it be in the sandlot, high school, or even college. You knew that guy that was always qb. He wasn’t always the best player, but the best at placing a pass. Knowing where his receivers would be, take those few steps to buy time with the rush coming down on him. A lot of those guys don’t make it very far because there’s always someone faster or stronger. 

Just as some guys just have soft hands and can catch anything. You can’t teach a guy to catch like that and you can’t teach a guy to have that qb sensitivity of everything going on around him. 

Imo, you have it or you don’t. Mayfield has it. It’s as easy as that. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

28 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Yet another drop in the ocean as far as opinions about these quarterbacks are concerned. They just keep coming. And it’s always somebody different! To me that says a lot about all of this.

I mean the draft is Thursday, and it’s a football message board. What exactly are you expecting, some Bills fan dropping their newest twilight fan fiction on us?

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

When you’re talking about “it factor” with a qb it’s very simple. There are some guys that just flat out know how to do it. 

There are guys with a strong arm, there are some guys that can run and escape a sack. None of that means anything unless they have it. 

Im assuming most here have played football at some points in their life whether it be in the sandlot, high school, or even college. You knew that guy that was always qb. He wasn’t always the best player, but the best at placing a pass. Knowing where his receivers would be, take those few steps to buy time with the rush coming down on him. A lot of those guys don’t make it very far because there’s always someone faster or stronger. 

Just as some guys just have soft hands and can catch anything. You can’t teach a guy to catch like that and you can’t teach a guy to have that qb sensitivity of everything going on around him. 

Imo, you have it or you don’t. Mayfield has it. It’s as easy as that. 

I get that but are we saying Rosen and Darnold also dont have the it factor?  

3 hours ago, PIP said:

Ryan Leaf clone

...yes sir...a 1st from TWENTY YEARS AGO is certainly a valid comparison.......perhaps Akili Smith is a more valid comparison....that was only 19 years ago....go figure.....perhaps a Jamarcus Russell comparative is even better?.....good Lord........