Lance Zierlein compares Mayfield to Flutie.

PIZ

I think that's a fair comparison, both are passionate leaders of a man's game. The NFL did all fans a disfavor for letting Flutie leave for Canada. The man was probably the most entertaining QB I ever had the privilege to watch. Let's hope Baker is his clone and wear a Bills Jersey come draft day!

• Like (+1) 3

I think the leadership and chip on the shoulder are very similar between Mayfield and Flutie, but I think Mayfield has a stronger arm and is more accurate.  I think Mayfield is about 2.5” taller and built thicker than Flutie.

i admired Flutie, but I think Mayfield is a better NFL prospect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I have no idea who Lance Zierlein is. But Flutie only really had one decent year in the league I believe. And I think he was in his mid 30s when he had it. Meh

Sean speaking the truth here.

Flutie was like Saban, meaning his only real success in the league was here.

chicago and New England were dreadful years and his brief time as SD's starter wasn't much better.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I have no idea who Lance Zierlein is. But Flutie only really had one decent year in the league I believe. And I think he was in his mid 30s when he had it. Meh

Flutist had a 70% winning percentage with Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

A vocal contingent of Bills’ fans still hated him. It was the strangest thing.

I’ve read that he was an !@#$. But to me, he’s arguably the 2nd greatest QB in Buffalo history. He totally got shafted while he was here. But also, he was 35 years old when he came to Buffalo. If they’re comparing mayfield to flutie, I’d hope mayfield flourishes a little sooner than that 

47 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’ve read that he was an !@#$. But to me, he’s arguably the 2nd greatest QB in Buffalo history. He totally got shafted while he was here. But also, he was 35 years old when he came to Buffalo. If they’re comparing mayfield to flutie, I’d hope mayfield flourishes a little sooner than that 

He had a heck of a career in the CFL. I never got the irrational hate. He arguably saved the franchise.

My money's on Mayfailed getting some foolhardy GM fired... -Guy is bad news.

50 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So what do they name his cereal?  'Baker Biscuits'?  'Mayfield Muffets'?

They already named it. -Fruit Loops.

Edited by #34fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think the leadership and chip on the shoulder are very similar between Mayfield and Flutie, but I think Mayfield has a stronger arm and is more accurate.  I think Mayfield is about 2.5” taller and built thicker than Flutie.

i admired Flutie, but I think Mayfield is a better NFL prospect.

Mayfield is 2.5" taller but does not have near the escapability as Doug. I think Baker will be a better pocket passer.

11 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I’f be happy with a 70% winning percentage.

Lol.  Your comment reminded me of the good old days.  The Flutie supporters gave  him all of the credit and the haters said we won because of our defense.  I was was somewhere in the middle.  I would take a 70 percent win percentage as well but Flutie wouldn't get there with our roster now.  Maybe with our roster in 2 years.

25 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Lol.  Your comment reminded me of the good old days.  The Flutie supporters gave  him all of the credit and the haters said we won because of our defense.  I was was somewhere in the middle.  I would take a 70 percent win percentage as well but Flutie wouldn't get there with our roster now.  Maybe with our roster in 2 years.

In 2000, Flutie was 4 - 1 and RJ was 4 - 7. Same defense.