Is there a Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, Ray Lewis, etc. consensus potential caliber player in this draft?

reginald

9 minutes ago, reginald said:

If there is, I'd rather have that dude, before taking any of these qbs. 

Oh, so you’d like the Bills to take a hof talent that takes over games and are eventually considered one of the very best to play the game? 

Hot take, bro. 

What if someone said it’s one of the qbs? Mind=blown!

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Oh, so you’d like the Bills to take a hof talent that takes over games and are eventually considered one of the very best to play the game? 

Hot take, bro. 

Thanks Bobby...ha. Yes.

16 minutes ago, reginald said:

Completely understandable. After all, getting to the opponents QB is the second most important item next to getting your own franchise QB. It's a huge advantage when you have a pass rusher that can get to the QB by himself, too, without having to devote other resources and scheming to do so. 

That said, even if there is a guy like that in this draft, we need to get our QB. Now is the time. 

23 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Probably not.

Their isn't most drafts.

...Bruce went #1 and Taylor went #2 in their respective drafts and certainly earned their keep....Lewis was the 5th LB selected at 26.......which hardly was an indicator of the career to come being the 5th LB....look at Steelers LB corp....Ham (2nd), Russell (16th), Lambert (2nd)........so you really don't know....2018 caliber wise, perhaps the Barkley kid, Chubb, Nelson or the Denzel Ward kid could be significant impact players for starters, but you've also set a pretty high bar with the trio you selected.......

24 minutes ago, reginald said:

Bad and short-sighted take.  If one of these QBs turns into a true franchise QB (Brees, Big Ben, Wilson) then he can be expected to lead his franchise for 12-15 years or more and would have a far greater impact over that time than even the greatest defensive players, whose careers would last about half as long, if they’re extraordinarily lucky.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Bad and short-sighted take.  If one of these QBs turns into a true franchise QB (Brees, Big Ben, Wilson) then he can be expected to lead his franchise for 12-15 years or more and would have a far greater impact over that time than even the greatest defensive players, whose careers would last about half as long, if they’re extraordinarily lucky.

ok. very good.  

Edited by reginald

OG Nelson looks like a sure bet to be a perennial All-Pro.  Said the same thing about DeCastro and if not for early injury season he would have been All-pro his entire career.  Many things can happen.  Some players just don't fit the correct defense.  What if the Giants did not have a NT and they switched LT to a 4-3 DE?  

• Like (+1) 1

The closest in the area of a dominant defensive front 7 player is Bradley Chubb.  Of course, you mention Ray Lewis in your title and he was certainly not thought to be one on Draft day so that person who will become dominant may not yet be identified until they start playing.  

I think the most dominant player who will come out of this draft is on offense and he's Quenton Nelson.  

2 hours ago, jr1 said:

Roquan Smith has a 6.74 draft grade on NFL.com

A lot of the criticism of Smith is that he has trouble shedding blocks.  His speed and instincts helps to mitigate some of that, apparently.  Still question if he will be as dominant in the NFL as he was in college.  I think Bradley Chubb may be the best player in the draft.

the 2 players talked the most about being AP or "sure HOF players" are OG Nelson and RB Barkley...Chubb is not far behind but other then that 4 or 5 more that will be pro bowl starters then the talent kinda drops a bit

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Tremaine Edmunds. More risk than RS, but more upside. 

He's 19... -I've got SOCKS older than that kid... I'm wearing them right now with my blue crocs purchased when Edmunds was just 14!:cry:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, reginald said:

Me, personally, I think Roquan Smith is going to be a perennial All-Pro @ LB.