Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Try both first and a second....to start

No way I offer more than 12 and 22 for 5 to start.  I might expect 12, 22, and 53 to be the price, but opening bid has to be lower than you expect to pay.

I could legitimately see the Bills trading up into almost any spot.

Depending on who the Browns take at #1, I still think the Giants #2 pick is very much a possibility.

If that doesn't work, I think anything between #4-10 would be a real fall-back option (assuming we like more than 2-3 guys).

The good news:  Due to our immense draft capital, Brandon Beane should have the "right of first refusal" on any offer.  We have more/higher picks than anyone else in the NFL.  So if someone trades ahead of us, it's only because Beane wasn't willing to give enough away.

The bad news:  I still worry about the Giants and Broncos drafting a QB, which could ultimately leave us on the outside looking in anyway.

NFL Draft: What Browns, Bills, Patriots should do in Round 1

Buffalo Bills
Trade picks 12 and 22 to Broncos to pick UCLA QB Josh Rosen at No. 5
Analysis:
 In my opinion, the Bills don't really have a choice. They have to do whatever they can to get into the mix to select one of the top quarterback prospects. Fortunately, they are loaded with draft selections this year (they hold four of the first 65 picks) and they should be able to pull off a move without parting with any picks from future drafts. I can make a case for any of the top four quarterbacks being an upgrade for their roster, but the dream scenario would involve landing Darnold or Rosen. Since I have Darnold going to the Browns at No. 1 and Baker Mayfieldgoing to the Jets at No. 3 in my most recent mock draft, I'll go with Rosen here as the third QB off the board. Rosen is the most polished passer in the draft and his skill set would fit in well with just about any offense. He would give the Bills an ideal centerpiece to build around, and I think the Broncos would be willing to make the move.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t trust Elway at all.  He could easily be playing Beane so Bills don’t jump ahead of them.  Denver needs a franchise QB and I can’t see them helping us get one.  If I’m Beane, I pull my offer for pick 5 Wednesday night if there is an outstanding offer.  6 and 2 are more likely trade-up possibilities than 5.  

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I wouldn’t trust Elway at all.  He could easily be playing Beane so Bills don’t jump ahead of them.  Denver needs a franchise QB and I can’t see them helping us get one.  If I’m Beane, I pull my offer for pick 5 Wednesday night if there is an outstanding offer.  6 and 2 are more likely trade-up possibilities than 5.  

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Just a ploy but Denver so Buffalo doesn't jump ahead of them. 

15 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Albright's "Let's just say there are things that the public is unaware of" (assuming he knows what he is talking about) makes me wonder if Rosen is possibly off the Bills' draft board as well. 

Big assumption, from what I've seen this clown is ALL over the place.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Allbright says Rosen off the board for Browns and Denver.

Hardly shocking that in a league full of antiquated "thinkers" and jockstraps that teams would be threatened by a guy with intelligence and an opinion. I'd take Rosen all day. Embrace his intelligence and inquisitive nature, not criticize it. 

• Like (+1) 2