Riley Ferguson our QB selection

mead107

I know mead has been championing this pick for a bit, but I do think Ferguson could be a sleeper. I like his WR, Anthony Miller, a bit more, but Riley played big in big games and showed an impressive command of that offense when I watched him. 2nd round? No. 4th or 5th as a flyer? I could accept that.

Just now, starrymessenger said:

He's pretty interesting. Not a second rounder IMO but not a fifth/UDFA either. He is a third or early fourth round guy IMO. Gunslinger with a big arm, good mobility and good field vision. There are some things to like there.

Yes those are all good things to like. But what about his cons? There’s a reason that’s he regarded as the 7th+ QB in the draft...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yes those are all good things to like. But what about his cons? There’s a reason that’s he regarded as the 7th+ QB in the draft...

Inconsistent mechanics and therefore inconsistent accuracy, occasional head scratching decisions, but when he flashes he flashes really good - sort of a poor man's Josh Allen you might say. He's good enuf to get drafted and eventually get his chance IMO. I certainly would not be stunned if he turned into something.

when you already have a QB is when you can take chances like this on unknown guys.  when you don't, you have to go for the sure thing.  if we get Josh Rosen and he's a stud then next year maybe we start looking at 5th round guys to be his backup (once Peterman officially flames out)