The McBeane Character Requirements...

Ah, I could've came up with a better title but... brain fart, I suppose... anyways...

At this point, we all know how much emphasis McBeane places on character when considering which players to bring into their locker room. If the 2017 draft is any indication, McBeane want prospects with experience, leadership skills, clean off the field and put the team before their personal achievements. 

If I had the chance to ask McDermott or Beane a question, I would ask them what their threshold is for character concerns. How many character traits or personality flaws or off-field incidents/concerns does it take for them to look at a prospect and go, "Can't have him here, doesn't fit what we're building." Obviously, not every player is going to be a boy scout. I just wonder this because how do they weigh a players talent vs. his character, ya know what I mean? Does the prospect need to be 100% squeaky clean and have played at least X number of games, graduated college (or are close to graduating) and be a "fall in line" type of guy?

Again, I'm curious because I'd hate to see them have a chance at a player (and this is just in general, doesn't pertain to the 2018 prospects specifically) who is extremely talented, projects to be an All-Pro, but had an off-field incident or has been outspoken with the media or has whatever type of character red flag and see them pass on said player in lieu of a less talented but higher character player. 

If McDermott is constructing this locker room and brewing the chemistry he says he's aiming for, then I would think that they'd be comfortable taking a talented player with a few character issues. They would have to trust that the culture inside the locker room and the team leaders and coaches would be able to kind of take this player under their wing and keep him in line, so to speak. 

They can't all be 4-year starters with degrees and 40+ games started while being a model citizen/community contributor, etc. etc. 

What do you guys think? How heavily do you think character weighs in on their player evaluations? How much would character concerns affect your decisions if you were the GM?

Hey... look at that... not a thread about a QB. Hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the locker room was a mess under Rex and they aren't at the point where they are so concerned with results they'll roll the dice on risky players.  I believe the risk profile will open up if 1) they are sure they've got the clubhouse chemistry locked in and see extra talent that will push over the edge or 2) the losses start to mount and they increase their risk profile to add talent to the team.

Same as Levy's. Dont need to be a choir boy, thats not what people mean when they say "football character". But you have to live the game. Make sure football comes first over all the distractions.

Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Bruce, Biscuit, Smerlas... They were hardly choir boys. Some could even say they were real scumbags in their day. But they loved the game and gave it all their heart.

11 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Ah, I could've came up with a better title but... brain fart, I suppose... anyways...

At this point, we all know how much emphasis McBeane places on character when considering which players to bring into their locker room. If the 2017 draft is any indication, McBeane want prospects with experience, leadership skills, clean off the field and put the team before their personal achievements. 

If I had the chance to ask McDermott or Beane a question, I would ask them what their threshold is for character concerns. How many character traits or personality flaws or off-field incidents/concerns does it take for them to look at a prospect and go, "Can't have him here, doesn't fit what we're building." Obviously, not every player is going to be a boy scout. I just wonder this because how do they weigh a players talent vs. his character, ya know what I mean? Does the prospect need to be 100% squeaky clean and have played at least X number of games, graduated college (or are close to graduating) and be a "fall in line" type of guy?

Again, I'm curious because I'd hate to see them have a chance at a player (and this is just in general, doesn't pertain to the 2018 prospects specifically) who is extremely talented, projects to be an All-Pro, but had an off-field incident or has been outspoken with the media or has whatever type of character red flag and see them pass on said player in lieu of a less talented but higher character player. 

If McDermott is constructing this locker room and brewing the chemistry he says he's aiming for, then I would think that they'd be comfortable taking a talented player with a few character issues. They would have to trust that the culture inside the locker room and the team leaders and coaches would be able to kind of take this player under their wing and keep him in line, so to speak. 

They can't all be 4-year starters with degrees and 40+ games started while being a model citizen/community contributor, etc. etc. 

What do you guys think? How heavily do you think character weighs in on their player evaluations? How much would character concerns affect your decisions if you were the GM?

Hey... look at that... not a thread about a QB. Hope everyone is having a good day.

If all of this is true which I think it is. The Bills will never draft Josh Rosen,  he is the cancer of this QB class. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rosen does not fit into the Bills plans or process. He is not a process player or a team player. He’s about Rosen and Rosen only. What idiot says he will win more SuperBowls then brady before he even takes a snap in the NFL. Where is Troy Vincent when you need him. Rosen is all ready running his mouth and has not stepped on a NFL field yet. God I hate this guy and everything about him. Rudolph will have a much better career then this guy. I would of thought this stuff would be coming from Baker Mayfield. But no this idiot has to just keep running his mouth.Cant wait to see this guy get taken down a few notches. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Rosen does not fit into the Bills plans or process. He is not a process player or a team player. He’s about Rosen and Rosen only. What idiot says he will win more SuperBowls then brady before he even takes a snap in the NFL. Where is Troy Vincent when you need him. Rosen is all ready running his mouth and has not stepped on a NFL field yet. God I hate this guy and everything about him. Rudolph will have a much better career then this guy. 

Yes we all know you voted for Trump and disagree with his views, you have made it apparent in so many threads already...It's ok and advisable to turn FoxNews off

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Rosen does not fit into the Bills plans or process. He is not a process player or a team player. He’s about Rosen and Rosen only. What idiot says he will win more SuperBowls then brady before he even takes a snap in the NFL. Where is Troy Vincent when you need him. Rosen is all ready running his mouth and has not stepped on a NFL field yet. God I hate this guy and everything about him. Rudolph will have a much better career then this guy. I would of thought this stuff would be coming from Baker Mayfield. But no this idiot has to just keep running his mouth.Cant wait to see this guy get taken down a few notches. 

Yessss... Goooood... Let the jealousy and hate run through you...

No one is taking you seriously anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

If there is a “me” first quarterback in this draft its Mayfield. His list, crotch grab, throat slash against Georgia. Those are all “look at me” moves that put his teammates in a tough spot. If anything, that is what doesn't fit process. 

The Rosen narrative is just lazy at this point and based on nothing but hearsay and people making bias opinions. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Be like Elsa and let it go man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yes we all know you voted for Trump and disagree with his views, you have made it apparent in so many threads already...It's ok and advisable to turn FoxNews off

Again I have never brought politics into talking about Rosen. Not one post about that at all when talking about Rosen. I talk about the crap Rosen spews out of his mouth and on his social media. If you think he’s a Process Bills type of QB. I have some beach front property I want to sell you in Nevada. Your living in a dream world if you think the Bills will draft that Jack azz. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Again I have never brought politics into talking about Rosen. Not one post about that at all when talking about Rosen. I talk about the crap Rosen spews out of his mouth and on his social media. If you think he’s a Process Bills type of QB. I have done beach front land I want to sell you in Nevada. Your living in a dream world if you think the Bills will draft that Jack azz. 

I just got done reading a post of yours in the Rosen thread and bringing politics into it is exactly what you did. Or is criticizing Kaepernick's kneeling during the anthem not a political offering?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

What idiot says he will win more SuperBowls then brady before he even takes a snap in the NFL. 

He actually never said he will win more Super Bowls than Brady.  He said it would be cool to be the winningist QB in NFL history, he wants to win the most games and the most championships.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Be like Elsa and let it go man

Oh snap! You just Disney Princessed him!

1 minute ago, COBillsBacker said:

He actually never said he will win more Super Bowls than Brady.  He said it would be cool to be the winningist QB in NFL history, he wants to win the most games and the most championships.

Facts dont matter when youre hating on someone. Plus, why would we draft someone who wants to win? That isnt a good fit for a city like Buffalo. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, jr1 said:

he seems to like 4 year starters that are spiritual 

I think that may be a preference, but lack of those traits doesn't disqualify anyone, either. If he can find a junior atheist that can play the game, it won't matter. 

6 minutes ago, COBillsBacker said:

Same thing he is not a winner. He had a losing record in college at UCLA with lots of talent. How does he plan on winning the most games in NFL history. Never have I heard a Rookie QB spew this kind of stuff before even getting drafted. He is in for a rude awakening. Troy Vincent just might have to come out of retirement. Wonder if he will pull a Ryan Leaf and go spastic when the Vets stick him with the dinner bill. This guy loves to talk and can’t even back it up. 

10 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Same thing he is not a winner. He had a losing record in college at UCLA with lots of talent. How does he plan on winning the most games in NFL history. Never have I heard a Rookie QB spew this kind of stuff before even getting drafted. He is in for a rude awakening. Troy Vincent just might have to come out of retirement. Wonder if he will pull a Ryan Leaf and go spastic when the Vets stick him with the dinner bill. This guy loves to talk and can’t even back it up. 

Technically he was 17-12...  UCLA went 1-6 when he wasn't playing so that kind of debunks your losing record with lots of talent.

Edit: Not including the two bowl games, but even still 17-14 if you want to include them

Edited by COBillsBacker
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If there is a “me” first quarterback in this draft its Mayfield. His list, crotch grab, throat slash against Georgia. Those are all “look at me” moves that put his teammates in a tough spot. If anything, that is what doesn't fit process. 

The Rosen narrative is just lazy at this point and based on nothing but hearsay and people making bias opinions. 

So I like mayfield as an option but it is funny seeing people refer to Rosen’s privileged upbringing and not mayfield’s. If it makes a difference at all. But somehow it’s escaped mayfield’s narrative. Somehow Rosen is the only one who doesn’t “ need” football

baker: hold my beer (while I am fed grapes)

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17284078/oklahoma-sooners-qb-baker-mayfield-used-defying-critics

He's spoiled. Add that to the mix. He grew up in Lake Travis, a tony section of Austin, Texas, where he spent an entitled childhood being fed peeled grapes -- probably because his tiny hands couldn't hold them -- and drinking only water flown in from a pristine lake on the southern tip of Chile. A plane would land every two or three days on the private airstrip on the property, and an army of servants -- dressed, for some reason, like the cast of Chariots of Fire -- would rush the water from the plane to a climate-controlled building, careful to make sure its temperature didn't rise more than 2 degrees.

lamar is the one with the helicopter parent. Baker: hold my beer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/sports/college/baker-mayfield-dad-told-mack-brown-his-son-was-better-than-texas-scholarship-qbs/ba4aTQzmU8ekBkgemikswN/amp.html

James Mayfield told Bleacher Report’s Matt Hayes that he pushed for the Longhorns to recruit his son out of Lake Travis High in Austin. Texas said it already had five quarterbacks on scholarship heading into the next season. James Mayfield had an extreme response for then-Texas coach Mack Brown.

“I said, ‘Tell Mack he has five scholarship players that couldn’t play for Lake Travis,” the elder Mayfield said. “As it turned out, I was right. All five of those guys crashed and burned.”

rosen had concussions. Baker: hold my beer 

http://m.newsok.com/article/5488431

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield doesn’t plan on changing anything about the way he plays.

Not even after he suffered two concussions in the Sooners’ final three games last season.

Rosen was a pain to his coaches early on and know him best. We should listen to them. 

Baker: hold my beer

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/oklahoma-sooners-tcu-horned-frogs-gary-patterson-baker-mayfield-fires-back-122915

If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that’s fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn’t offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker’s dad [James]. He’s an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father.

But Rosen is doing interviews and talking about himself!

Baker: hold my beer

https://behindbaker.com/

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, COBillsBacker said:

Technically he was 17-12...  UCLA went 1-6 when he wasn't playing so that kind of debunks your losing record with lots of talent.

Edit: Not including the two bowl games, but even still 17-14 if you want to include them

good point I will give you that. Still don’t like him 

as my QB. 

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

good point I will give you that. Still don’t like him 

as my QB. 

That's fair.  I don't really have an opinion on him, I'm just trusting the process and hoping that whoever we draft, wins us games

2 minutes ago, COBillsBacker said:

That's fair.  I don't really have an opinion on him, I'm just trusting the process and hoping that whoever we draft, wins us games

Well I can tell you Josh Rosen is not about the process. He is anti process. He is a me first person. He is not about the process or getting to learn the process. So I highly doubt he is on the Bills draft board as someone they want to have around infecting the locker room.  We don’t need his mouth or his attitude around this teams  process. 

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Well I can tell you Josh Rosen is not about the process. He is anti process. He is a me first person. He is not about the process or getting to learn the process. So I highly doubt he is on the Bills draft board as someone they want to have around infecting the locker room.  We don’t need his mouth or his attitude around this teams  process. 

Which QB do you want for the Bills? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Marcell Dareus is your answer.   He was one of the five most talented guys in the league at his position, and McDermott didn't want him?   Was he a felon?   No.  Was he a drug addict.   No, at least not seriously.    Did he put his teammates first?   No.   Did he do his job every play?   No.   Did he work every day to be as good as he can be?   No. 

Did Chris Hogan have the right answer to all of those questions?   Yes, and if McDermott had been the coach when Hogan was in Buffalo, Hogan would STILL be in Buffalo.   Belichick wants guys with those traits, and McDermott does, too.  

I say it over and over.  Talent is over-rated.  (Again, we're excluding the QB here.)    Do you need some guys with special talent here and there?  Sure.   But look at Hyde and Poyer.  They're perfect examples.   Those guys aren't outstanding safeties, not premier guys every team is drooling over.   They are like most players in the league - in terms of talent, they were in the top 5 percent in college.  In other words, they ALL have the size, speed and strength to play in the NFL.   The question is what do they do with it?  And what they do with it is a matter of character.   Hogan has it, Dareus doesn't.   Now, you can have a Mario Williams every once in a while who is SO outstanding that he can be great without the character McDermott is looking for, but there are very few of those guys.  

A good QB and 52 solid NFL-level players will win a lot of games for you.

Yes, you say, but you can stand a few with less than perfrect character.  Well, how good were the Bengals when they had 8 felons on the roster?   Lotta talent, but they sucked.   In his book GM, the Giants gm said you can have one prima donna on your team.   When you have two, you're in trouble, when you have three you can't win.   He said the Giants had three prima donnas - Strahan, Barber and someone else.   Strahan came to an agreement with Coughlin and stopped being a prima donna, and they got rid of one of the other two.   As soon as that happened, they won the Super Bowl. 

I'd love to hear McDermott on the subject, too.   I'd like to know what he looks for.   I'm sure he'll tell you he doesn't want guys who are problems.   Saban will tell you the same thing, Belichick will.   I heard Jim Calhoun say it about basketball.   It's hard enough to win with good guys on your team; it's harder still if you have problems.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Marcell Dareus is your answer.   He was one of the five most talented guys in the league at his position, and McDermott didn't want him?   Was he a felon?   No.  Was he a drug addict.   No, at least not seriously.    Did he put his teammates first?   No.   Did he do his job every play?   No.   Did he work every day to be as good as he can be?   No. 

Did Chris Hogan have the right answer to all of those questions?   Yes, and if McDermott had been the coach when Hogan was in Buffalo, Hogan would STILL be in Buffalo.   Belichick wants guys with those traits, and McDermott does, too.  

I say it over and over.  Talent is over-rated.  (Again, we're excluding the QB here.)    Do you need some guys with special talent here and there?  Sure.   But look at Hyde and Poyer.  They're perfect examples.   Those guys aren't outstanding safeties, not premier guys every team is drooling over.   They are like most players in the league - in terms of talent, they were in the top 5 percent in college.  In other words, they ALL have the size, speed and strength to play in the NFL.   The question is what do they do with it?  And what they do with it is a matter of character.   Hogan has it, Dareus doesn't.   Now, you can have a Mario Williams every once in a while who is SO outstanding that he can be great without the character McDermott is looking for, but there are very few of those guys.  

A good QB and 52 solid NFL-level players will win a lot of games for you.

Yes, you say, but you can stand a few with less than perfrect character.  Well, how good were the Bengals when they had 8 felons on the roster?   Lotta talent, but they sucked.   In his book GM, the Giants gm said you can have one prima donna on your team.   When you have two, you're in trouble, when you have three you can't win.   He said the Giants had three prima donnas - Strahan, Barber and someone else.   Strahan came to an agreement with Coughlin and stopped being a prima donna, and they got rid of one of the other two.   As soon as that happened, they won the Super Bowl. 

I'd love to hear McDermott on the subject, too.   I'd like to know what he looks for.   I'm sure he'll tell you he doesn't want guys who are problems.   Saban will tell you the same thing, Belichick will.   I heard Jim Calhoun say it about basketball.   It's hard enough to win with good guys on your team; it's harder still if you have problems.  

Good stuff here, Shaw. There's definitely something to be said for the players that come from small schools and have had to really work for everything they have. I think a mix of players like that and players from big time schools with experience in the biggest games in front of the biggest crowds can be beneficial to a team. If the coaches figure out the best methods to reach and teach their players and are able to combine those elements... then I think they'd stand a pretty good chance of winning.

Coaching makes a huge difference as well. Coaches have to understand how their players learn and figure out what they have to do to get the most out of a player. They can't scream and yell at everyone and expect a 100% success rate. I can't remember the specifics but I read about a coach who had a player join his team and this player was talented. But the player had a difficult time understanding the system the coach was running. They'd practice and prep all week but then on gameday the results just weren't there. Eventually the coach figured out what type of learner this player was and that coach went and taught himself as much as he could on how he could help this player learn. Once he did that, the results they were looking for finally showed up. Interesting that you mention Coughlin, too. He was always known as a hot-head, hard-nosed, "my way or the highway" type of coach who would go bananas over the most mundane things. Players began to tune him out. Coaches finally told Coughlin the vibe in the locker room and Coughlin realized he had to take a step back, reevaluate his methods and find a better way to reach his players. He learned how to keep his temper under control, he showed more interest in players lives off the field and they ended up winning the Super Bowl that year.

Would really be awesome to sit down and talk about this stuff with McBeane, or really any pro coach or GM, just to see what they think the right formula is for a winning team.

Rosen should have had three or four girls in the hot tub in his dorm room, not just one. He should have played up the oppression of college football players more too and thrown in race for good measure. Why just one more SB than Brady? He should have said that he would at least double his total. Rather than F Trump on his hat, he should have spray painted it on himself naked. Rookie mistakes. He probably needs a better agent. His level of ridiculousness is good, but i think he could have taken it to a whole other level.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Good stuff here, Shaw. There's definitely something to be said for the players that come from small schools and have had to really work for everything they have. I think a mix of players like that and players from big time schools with experience in the biggest games in front of the biggest crowds can be beneficial to a team. If the coaches figure out the best methods to reach and teach their players and are able to combine those elements... then I think they'd stand a pretty good chance of winning.

Coaching makes a huge difference as well. Coaches have to understand how their players learn and figure out what they have to do to get the most out of a player. They can't scream and yell at everyone and expect a 100% success rate. I can't remember the specifics but I read about a coach who had a player join his team and this player was talented. But the player had a difficult time understanding the system the coach was running. They'd practice and prep all week but then on gameday the results just weren't there. Eventually the coach figured out what type of learner this player was and that coach went and taught himself as much as he could on how he could help this player learn. Once he did that, the results they were looking for finally showed up. Interesting that you mention Coughlin, too. He was always known as a hot-head, hard-nosed, "my way or the highway" type of coach who would go bananas over the most mundane things. Players began to tune him out. Coaches finally told Coughlin the vibe in the locker room and Coughlin realized he had to take a step back, reevaluate his methods and find a better way to reach his players. He learned how to keep his temper under control, he showed more interest in players lives off the field and they ended up winning the Super Bowl that year.

Would really be awesome to sit down and talk about this stuff with McBeane, or really any pro coach or GM, just to see what they think the right formula is for a winning team.

I think it's much a more about coaching than players.   The example I always give about two generals with armies of 100,000 soldiers.   I don't care at all which general has the best soldier, or the ten best soldiers, or even the 100 best soldiers.   I want the best general.  

Why is it that when Cordy Glen goes down, Dawkins steps in and does fine?   Two reasons:  (1), the difference in talent is miniscule.   They're both big, strong guys in their physical primes.  Compared to all of the men in the world their age, they are in the top one tenth of one percent and size and physical ability, and the difference between them isn't great.   (2)  They aren't asked to do things they can't.  They're just asked to execute physical maneuvers efficiently and consistently.   When you have good athletes, they all can do that IF they're taught properly and they haev the work ethic to become excellent at executing things that aren't beyond their abilities.   

Do you want the BEST offensive tackle?   Sure, but that's icing the cake.   Teams win with lots of average guys just - are you ready, all you Belichick fans? - doing their job.   The coaches know what they want the players to to do, and they get them to do it consistently.   Once you have decent NFL talent, it all about coaching and character.    

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Rosen should have had three or four girls in the hot tub in his dorm room, not just one. He should have played up the oppression of college football players more too and thrown in race for good measure. Why just one more SB than Brady? He should have said that he would at least double his total. Rather than F Trump on his hat, he should have spray painted it on himself naked. Rookie mistakes. He probably needs a better agent. His level of ridiculousness is good, but i think he could have taken it to a whole other level.

Stop it.

We know you don't like him because saint saban doesn't like him.

Sad.

2 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Again I have never brought politics into talking about Rosen. Not one post about that at all when talking about Rosen. I talk about the crap Rosen spews out of his mouth and on his social media. If you think he’s a Process Bills type of QB. I have some beach front property I want to sell you in Nevada. Your living in a dream world if you think the Bills will draft that Jack azz. 

...WTF?...if that is your interpretation, analysis and OPINION of the kid, so be it.....what the hell do Trump or Fox News have to do with it?.....this kind of personal attack crap for a differing OPINION results in BBMB flashbacks......I don't get to see college ball so I have NO opinion.....you and others do not like him......others do like him.....SO BE IT......at the end of the day it is McBeane/McD/McDaboll that will decide.......and good Lord help us all with 3,964 "fire them now" threads from the yipsters that disagree with their pick(s)....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

He said he wants to win Super Bowls.  He said he wants to win more than Brady bc he wants to be the best.  He did not say he would win "x" amount of SB's or guarantee anything.  You don't need to twist the man's words or meaning.

15 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Stop it.

We know you don't like him because saint saban doesn't like him.

Sad.

Huh, what did Nick Saban say anything bad about Rosen? Did I miss something? 

Edited by Sky Diver

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He wants this guy:

image.jpeg.4ed4da398e082eee903697aaa30b27a1.jpeg

So he wants a QB who is never accountable, will throw his coaches and teammates under the bus for his mistakes and will be generally ineffective on game day?   That would be a wasted draft pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jr1 said:

he seems to like 4 year starters that are spiritual 

Yes to the 4 year starters.  All of last year draft picks with the exception of Dawkins were 4 year starters.

QB's would be an exception and would have to depend on who was ahead of the guy when he was a freshman.

Only 1 QB starting per year.

The spiritual thing definitely is a factor but I would never give an opinion as to how much.

The other thing or I guess "trait" that I would say McDermott (and I assume Beane) prize is maturity.

White was only 22 when drafted but acting as a mature man more than a college kid.

As for the Zay thing, it will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the next year.

I am interested to see what kind of picks are made this year.

WEll we had that tackle that went nutty and was cut soon after.  Washington had an issue with a gun and is still on the team.  Zay went nuts and is still on the team.

I don't think off the field stuff matters as much as people think. It's all about how they are in the building.