Honestly, does anyone actually miss the Jills?

JPL7

3 hours ago, JPL7 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cheerleaders-say-groping-sexual-harassment-part-job-theyre-not-ones-200923623.html

This problem was solved completely  a few years ago when the Jills were disbanded. I attend games for the football, not for some women bouncing around. I do not miss them one bit. To me, it's a no-brainer that the bang for the buck of having cheerleaders just isn't worth it. It's a distraction if anything at all at the games, they don't add much of anything to the experience, and none us want to hear all the noise coming from the harassment front.

Does anyone truly miss them or feel like they legitimately added anything worthwhile to the games?

Why did you have to bring them up ??

i was over them , took me a while but I recovered. 

It's one thing to have cheerleaders at high school basketball games, where you can actually hear them cheer, but in a football stadium doesn't make much sense. Maybe for fans on TV, but not in the stadium. But they were a tradition, so in that sense, it's a shame they are gone.

Just now, klos63 said:

It's one thing to have cheerleaders at high school basketball games, where you can actually hear them cheer, but in a football stadium doesn't make much sense. Maybe for fans on TV, but not in the stadium. But they were a tradition, so in that sense, it's a shame they are gone.

The tradition I miss is being able to bring your own beef into the stadium.

Just now, klos63 said:

That’s my thing, it’s simply tradition. It’s part of the complete American experience known as football. I’d probably care less if they weren’t replaced by the stupid drum corps. I know that I hold an unpopular opinion on TBD regarding the drummers, but they just don’t do much for me. It seems cheesy to me, and I could live without a bunch of guys beating their drums every break in the action.  

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't miss them at all.  good riddence IMHO.

The bolded is my beef with it.  The NFL markets the you know what out of them.  The show them when they go to and come of commercials and have them at the Pro Bowl etc. yet pay the $20 a game or some such nonesense.

If they were pay each of them say $100,00 per year I'd be cool with it.  But they don't, so I'm not.

:blink:

Boy, sure is easy to spend other people's money!   $100,000 for waving pop-pops for 100 hours a year.  Where do I sign up?

I still don’t understand why ppl still comment about the Jill’s? Literally who could care less, they weren’t even good looking, cept maybe some crusty old timers looking for a young chick to polish their 9 irons at some team sponsored shoot and stroke.