Honestly, does anyone actually miss the Jills?

JPL7

I would like to see them back. IMO the perception around the US is there is nothing but ugly girls in Buffalo(I know this is not true) so of course we do not have cheerleaders. When the TV pans onto them it shows the perception of the girls in Buffalo as much prettier then what people think but sadly we do not have any at all so now not having them plays even more into that perception IMO. I miss them and I for sure want them back. Maybe we can play the Cowboys this year in Dallas so we can see some really pretty ones, man Dallas sure has some pretty girls. Nothing but a sausage fest here in Buffalo with nothing but a boat load of guys.

Edited by xRUSHx

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

:blink:

Boy, sure is easy to spend other people's money!   $100,000 for waving pop-pops for 100 hours a year.  Where do I sign up?

We need to see some pics of you before you can sign up.

Shady McCoy

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

:blink:

Boy, sure is easy to spend other people's money!   $100,000 for waving pop-pops for 100 hours a year.  Where do I sign up?

For that kind of money the competition will be fierce. Better bring your A++++++++++++++++++++++ game

Bring them back and pay them a little money.  Maybe you would get a higher caliber.  Keep the drum dudes.  they are good too.  How can we be the only team in the league without cheerleaders?  Answer - Ralph Wilson was too cheap to settle the lawsuit.  

On another note this whole cheerleader thing could go down the tubes with gender equity.  I do not want to see Ramone or Peter  out there shaking his booty.  

1 hour ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Well, the allure of cheerleaders in professional sports is their sex appeal. You don't need to be in the modeling industry to objectively critique their appearance.

Says you. And you happen to be incorrect. Like anyone at all in the public eye, the Jills make an effort to look their best. But they have always been dancers first. And they have always been extremely good at that. Which is one of the main reasons I enjoy them. And is also a reason they do not always look like beauty queens like some other teams do. The Jills slaughtered those type of squads when it came to the cheering and the showmanship and the  athleticism. 

You are right that you don't have to be in the modeling industry to criticize their appearance. You have to be an ill mannered, poorly raised, insensitive, jackass. (speaking plainly as I know you would want me to)

I'm not trying to make enemies in here but I really don't like the bullying and I won't just ignore it all the time. I hope you understand.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

23 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We're not. 

Chicago, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and the New York Giants don't have them either.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/16179000/detroit-lions-adding-cheerleaders-leaving-just-six-teams-them

We're in good company.

I don’t consider Chicago and Cleveland to be “good” company. Additionally, Big Ben shouldn’t be allowed on the same field with any women. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

27 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Says you. And you happen to be incorrect. Like anyone at all in the public eye, the Jills make an effort to look their best. But they have always been dancers first. And they have always been extremely good at that. Which is one of the main reasons I enjoy them. And is also a reason they do not always look like beauty queens like some other teams do. The Jills slaughtered those type of squads when it came to the cheering and the showmanship and the  athleticism. 

You are right that you don't have to be in the modeling industry to criticize their appearance. You have to be an ill mannered, poorly raised, insensitive, jackass. (speaking plainly as I know you would want me to)

I'm not trying to make enemies in here but I really don't like the bullying and I won't just ignore it all the time. I hope you understand.

I understand completely. I hate filtered PC crap. This world turns better when people have the freedom and ability to speak their minds. I love the 1st amendment and all that it entails. 

I actually enjoy  your posts. They are thought out. But I disagree with you about the role of cheerleaders. Different frames of thinking. But I am going to call a spade a spade... (that’s not a racial slur, btw). Not one person attends a professional sporting event looking forward to the professional athletism of the dang cheerleaders. They are eye candy to dance around in short skirts or tight outfits. 

They aren’t performing cirque de soleil stunts out there. They are doing basic dance rhythm routines that are to be provocative. To deny that is to deny reality. Don’t act like the are performing at the MET. 

You remind me of the judges that wanted to keep Chris Farley over Patrick Swazey in the Chip n dales SNL episode. 

PS: I will never see you as an enemy, and I respect your opinions and posts. I remember you from BBMB and always liked what you had to say. 

15 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I understand completely. I hate filtered PC crap. This world turns better when people have the freedom and ability to speak their minds. I love the 1st amendment and all that it entails. 

I actually enjoy  your posts. They are thought out. But I disagree with you about the role of cheerleaders. Different frames of thinking. But I am going to call a spade a spade... (that’s not a racial slur, btw). Not one person attends a professional sporting event looking forward to the professional athletism of the dang cheerleaders. They are eye candy to dance around in short skirts or tight outfits. 

They aren’t performing cirque de soleil stunts out there. They are doing basic dance rhythm routines that are to be provocative. To deny that is to deny reality. Don’t act like the are performing at the MET. 

You remind me of the judges that wanted to keep Chris Farley over Patrick Swazey in the Chip n dales SNL episode. 

PS: I will never see you as an enemy, and I respect your opinions and posts. I remember you from BBMB and always liked what you had to say. 

Thanks man. 

About how one perceives the Jills, let me say this. I don't know how old you are, but for me the way I think changes over time. That is true for everyone if all goes well as they get older. So for me the differences between how I think now versus when I was 30 , are as clear as how I thought differently at 9 versus 19. I am just in a different place.

And for me I don't sit there wanting to bang the Jills. That isn't to say there are not women I know who I spend a good fair bit of time thinking about that very thing, but not the Jills at games.

I still recall one of the last times I saw them was opening day, the sun was out, there was an air of excitement. The Jills had these mirrored mylar pom poms and the sun was sparking off them as they did there thing and their shiny hair was flying and they were just so skilled and so full of energy. They were at their magnificent peak of youthful power and health and they DO move so well and artistically I just was enthralled. Much the same in a way as I love watching how shady can move and evade and flash down the field. Just prettier and feminine.

But you have to be older to see that you get me?  Like for an athlete we can admire how they are great at any age because we are admiring their athletic skill. For the Jills it is their youth and fitness and movement and beauty. But for me I needed to be older and have those things start to go away in order to sit there and see how amazing it is to have that.

Getting back to how one grows to think differently with age an experience, if all goes well. If that "process" had happened as it should for the people who ran the Bills, the whole thing with the Jills would never have happened.

There was or is something wrong with the management of a team that acted in away that let that happen. They did not grow up in some ways is the very best I can do to characterize how they behaved. It is not the 20 year olds that caused the problem, It is the people who are supposed to be mature adults who did this. That is as plain as it could possibly be to me. But again you have to be my age and think like I do, to see it.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/13/2018 at 9:28 AM, xRUSHx said:

I would like to see them back. IMO the perception around the US is there is nothing but ugly girls in Buffalo(I know this is not true) so of course we do not have cheerleaders. When the TV pans onto them it shows the perception of the girls in Buffalo as much prettier then what people think but sadly we do not have any at all so now not having them plays even more into that perception IMO. I miss them and I for sure want them back. Maybe we can play the Cowboys this year in Dallas so we can see some really pretty ones, man Dallas sure has some pretty girls. Nothing but a sausage fest here in Buffalo with nothing but a boat load of guys.

You know the old saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak and erase all doubt"? Same applies here.

Folks can think that about Buffalo without seeing the Jills. Most of the time when they panned to the Buffalo sideline, it just proved them right.

• Haha (+1) 1