***Speculation from Brownsboard.com***

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't understand why Hue would declare Tyrod the starter for the year if he likes Rosen. Rosen would probably start right away. I still think Darnold or Allen are the pick.

Whether he declared him the starter or not, you're absolutely right that it makes no sense to trade the 65th pick in the draft and pay the guy $16M to sit the bench

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The problem here is if the Bills come out and say they are thrilled they got either and that was the plan it's BS. The problem for the Bills is you can't come out and say will we failed and had to take one of these two. It's a giant lose lose either way.

Yep.

what makes me even more pissed is that imo we will have a top 5 pick next year in a QB class that is freakin awful. Go figure.

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Whether he declared him the starter or not, you're absolutely right that it makes no sense to trade the 65th pick in the draft and pay the guy $16M to sit the bench

The more I think about it Allen actually makes the most sense for them based on the moves they've made. You don't trade pick 65 for a player you don't expect to start the whole year, QB or otherwise. Tyrod could conceivably be their starter for 2 years if they need him to. And I don't understand why they would have traded a high pick for him, plus a $16 million salary, unless they knew that was likely.

As you know I think picking Allen would be a horrible move but if anyone can get away with it it's the Browns. They have a capable starting QB and plenty of other picks, and they can take Allen without giving anything up. So even if he busts as bad as I think he will it wouldn't be a disaster for them. They could give him 2 years on the bench which is what he needs. It makes sense based on everything else they've done.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The more I think about it Allen actually makes the most sense for them based on the moves they've made. You don't trade pick 65 for a player you don't expect to start the whole year, QB or otherwise. Tyrod could conceivably be their starter for 2 years if they need him to. And I don't understand why they would have traded a high pick for him, plus a $16 million salary, unless they knew that was likely.

As you know I think picking Allen would be a horrible move but if anyone can get away with it it's the Browns. They have a capable starting QB and plenty of other picks, and they can take Allen without giving anything up. So even if he busts as bad as I think he will it wouldn't be a disaster for them. They could give him 2 years on the bench which is what he needs. It makes sense based on everything else they've done.

Indeed...from the moment they traded for Tyrod I've been thoroughly convinced that Allen was squarely in the conversation for them at 1.  Nothing has changed for me.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Indeed...from the moment they traded for Tyrod I've been thoroughly convinced that Allen was squarely in the conversation for them at 1.  Nothing has changed for me.

Tyrod AND Stanton. When they signed Stanton I was like boom they are going for Allen. They don't want him to even worry about being the backup. He will have 2 yrs to develop

In what was a shocker to me as a "Darnold no matter" what guy Todd Haley, Ken Zampese, Hue Jackson, and Al Saunders (he's become a de facto QB scout) are united in the belief that Josh Rosen is their guy, clear cut by a wide margin.

Throw in Scot and Dorsey - that is a lot of cooks in the kitchen!  Like a ton!

44 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The problem here is if the Bills come out and say they are thrilled they got either and that was the plan it's BS. The problem for the Bills is you can't come out and say will we failed and had to take one of these two. It's a giant lose lose either way.

No matter what player a team drafts , you know they are going to say something of this sort afterward. Bottom line is who cares? Does it matter one iota what the Bills say about their new draft pick? They will make the same contrived statements every team does , and it has zero effect on if the player is actually any good. All that matters is if they can play. Can't say it's a win or lose until that is known. 

33 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Tyrod AND Stanton. When they signed Stanton I was like boom they are going for Allen. They don't want him to even worry about being the backup. He will have 2 yrs to develop

FWIW, here's Hue Jackson on the record about Josh Allen:

"He has a cannon,'' Jackson said at the NFL meetings. "He threw a ball that hit a guy in the sternum and you could hear it go 'boom.' I mean, he can really throw a football. And when he does it all right from a biomechanics standpoint and his body being in line, everything, he throws it as pretty as I've seen.''

And when he's off-kilter?

"People say it takes 7,000 reps to change those type of things, but you can,'' said Jackson. "He has a lot of work to do. One thing about the young man, he's a hard worker. He'll work at it.'

I did some digging on this as Reddit is the other site I spend most of my time on and I hadn't come across this.  

This specific poster does not have a reputation as an inside source.  On that site he is viewed as "throw stuff at the wall" and supposedly deletes things that are incorrect to make himself look better.  The original post is from March 6th as well.  I can't imagine things haven't changed in the month plus since then.  So it is questionable info to start and also outdated.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

FWIW, here's Hue Jackson on the record about Josh Allen:

"He has a cannon,'' Jackson said at the NFL meetings. "He threw a ball that hit a guy in the sternum and you could hear it go 'boom.' I mean, he can really throw a football. And when he does it all right from a biomechanics standpoint and his body being in line, everything, he throws it as pretty as I've seen.''

And when he's off-kilter?

"People say it takes 7,000 reps to change those type of things, but you can,'' said Jackson. "He has a lot of work to do. One thing about the young man, he's a hard worker. He'll work at it.'

I still tend to believe they are going with Allen at #1.  I think they view Allen as having the highest ceiling and are supremely overconfident in their abilities to guide him to reach it.

Nothing has changed, our ability to get one of the top 4 is solely dependent on the Giants and Broncos plans and Cleveland's willingness to give up one of the "blue chip" position players.  There's a very real scenario we are completely locked out as it stands and very real scenarios where a guy we are very happy with falls to a minimal price in a trade up.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't understand why Hue would declare Tyrod the starter for the year if he likes Rosen. Rosen would probably start right away. I still think Darnold or Allen are the pick.

Because the only thing holding Tyrod Taylor back was confidence from the Head Coach.^_^