***Speculation from Brownsboard.com***

The Browns and Giants are going to screw this up for us. The right thing to do is to take Darnold at 1. Everyone has known that for a while. He fits what Cleveland wants to do and he is a personality match for that organization. It was a slam dunk no brainer. The Giants then don't really NEED a QB and would be happy with Chubb. He fills an immediate need with the departure of JPP. But now they have their choice of QB in the best QB draft in the past decade so any GM would be like hmmmmm interesting, especially since their current QB is getting old. Now what we have is a cluster **** my friends:

1. Browns- Chubb

2. Giants- Darnold

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Browns - Rosen

5. Broncos - Allen

We are on the outside looking in. There is a chance that Barkley at 5 is too good of a deal to pass up for Elway but he is QB crazy and has been on a mission all offseason to check out all of the QB prospects in person with his entire staff with him. Hopefully Allen isn't who he wants since they already have a big inaccurate QB project with Paxton Lynch. So maybe they do take Barkley at 5. I'd say it's 50-50.

We either zero in on our guy and give up everything to get to 2 or we sit back and see if we can get Allen at 6-7. If the Giants know their pick is now for the top QB in the draft it will be worth a massive haul. Expect 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, next year's 1st. If the Bills think they have found their QB that will be around for the next decade then do it. Otherwise you are hoping and praying you get a shot at Allen, a QB who is 2 yrs away from starting.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The Browns and Giants are going to screw this up for us. The right thing to do is to take Darnold at 1. Everyone has known that for a while. He fits what Cleveland wants to do and he is a personality match for that organization. It was a slam dunk no brainer. The Giants then don't really NEED a QB and would be happy with Chubb. He fills an immediate need with the departure of JPP. But now they have their choice of QB in the best QB draft in the past decade so any GM would be like hmmmmm interesting, especially since their current QB is getting old. Now what we have is a cluster **** my friends:

1. Browns- Chubb

2. Giants- Darnold

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Browns - Rosen

5. Broncos - Allen

Could be true.  Could be why some rumors I read last night are saying the Bills are preparing a package of 6 picks to move up to #2.

4 hours ago, sven233 said:

Before getting into this, I am going to put a disclaimer out there that I am definitely taking the OP with a grain of salt, as it should be.  However, if the original report was to have any merit at all, it does lead me into a theory.

A lot of this makes sense if you think about it.  Up until very recently, Darnold was thought to be the unanimous #1 overall selection.  Then, all of a sudden in the last few days, the Bills decided to drop everything and fly out to CA to work out Darnold.  On top of this, it was reported for the longest time that the Jets, at 3 no less, never had a plan to work out Darnold because they thought they would have no chance at him.  All of a sudden, a report comes out that they have scheduled a workout with him as well.

It is very possible that word has gotten out that, no matter who ultimately goes first, it won't be Darnold.  Thus teams are scrambling to get workouts in with him.

What I definitely find interesting is that the Bills will be one of those teams working him out.  Two things jump out at me about this......

1.  The Bills are at 12.....  Whether Darnold was going first or not, he's not making it to 12.  So, why would the Bills suddenly pack up and travel across the country for 2-3 days (at probably their busiest time of year) to work out Darnold if they thought there was absolutely no chance of getting him?  Some would say a smokescreen, but really.....in the situation the Bills are in, everyone knows the Bills want a QB and are wanting to trade up for one at this point.  So, the Bills don't need a smokescreen to work out a QB since it is common knowledge they need one and want one desperately.  A smokescreen, in the Bills case for a QB, would be fooling nobody.  So, to me, this means 1 thing.....  The Bills realistically believe they can get high enough to get Darnold if he is their guy because, even if he doesn't go 1, he isn't getting past 3.

With that said, here is where I think it is time to take things a bit further

2.  Why would Darnold agree to work out for the Bills if he and his agent didn't believe the Bills had a shot at drafting him?  This is an angle I don't hear talked about nearly enough.  Darnold and his management team may not know if he is getting drafted at 1, but they do know he will not make it out of the top 3 (most likely).  So, why would Darnold and his management team work out for a team, like the Bills at 12, if they didn't believe that he could be selected by that team?  In the past couple weeks, there have been multiple reports of players getting injured, some really hurt, just weeks before the draft in these pre-draft workouts.  Why in the world would Darnold and his management team work out for a team outside the top 5, let alone the top 10, and risk injury, no matter how serious, so close to being a top pick in the draft?  That wouldn't be smart or good business at all.  All they would need to do is politely decline the workout not wanting to risk anything at this point.  So, to me, this may be an indication that the Bills have convinced Darnold and his management that they may have a path into the top 3 and would highly consider drafting him.  The Bills must have been convincing enough to Darnold and his management that they have that chance to draft him to get them agree to the workout.

For me, it has been pretty simple all along throughout this draft process......WHATEVER IT TAKES FOR DARNOLD, ROSEN, OR MAYFIELD.

Granted, it has mainly been about Rosen and Mayfield to this point because I have been figuring, like just about everyone else, that Darnold was going #1.  However, if the information in this post is true and teams have gotten wind that the Browns are going in a different direction, it really would explain the Bills suddenly flying out to LA and the Jets all of a sudden adding Darnold to their workouts as well after stating they wouldn't be working him out at all.

It has always been my feeling, that if there was any possible way to make it happen, the Bills would LOVE to draft Darnold.  I can pretty much guarantee he is their QB1 on the board and would love to get him. 

The draft can't come soon enough......

Working out Darnold might be for several reasons, all at the same time.  One is that he might fall to them. Another is that they might trade up to the top 4 for him.  Another is  that if they "threaten" or make people they "might take him at 1-4", it might get them a better trade deal at a lower pick.   It does make everybody else's plans more fuzzy, which will help us.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Why?  Rosen is a legit prospect. 

They won’t take him. All if this meshes with what I’ve heard as well. 1)There are too many wanna be GMs in that room for the Browns and egos are getting in the way and 2)hue is dead man walking. He will not get his way, they will purposely not take his guy.

there is a weekly series on Channel 5 that  are doing that goes behind the scenes with the pre draft process for the Browns. Obviously they don’t reveal anything but the awkwardness between hue and Dorsey is palpable and uncomfortable. They hate each other already.

i can’t picture Sashi in a cigar bar 

the disgruntled scout stuff is all true and I have a relative in another FO. I see the reports of who they have “significant interest in”  and know it’s not who they are taking. Anything you see right now from guys like Ben Allbright, Daniel Jeremiah, etc is being put out there on purpose. If you heard something in December or January it could be legit. In April it’s BS.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

This was the part of the article that really made the least sense....If they took Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield....at 1 there is at least to me...still a very good chance the 2nd pick is a QB and the 3rd pick is 100% going to be a QB....Chubb has a MUCH better chance to be at 4 still than Rosen to be at 4.  Surely the coaches, scouts and GM all are well aware of that this is the case.

Again, these are the Browns.

Regarding the difference of opinions, I still strongly believe that the head coach and GM have to be compatible and work together on these decisions.  That's why I like the Beane/McDermott duo.  I'm sure they disagree at times, it's only human nature.

What I don't understand is this talk that a GM gets the 53 and the coach works with the players he's given. That seams asinine.  The QB position is the best to analyze this.  If the coach plans to run a West Coast offense with short accurate passing, it would make no sense for the GM to draft a Josh Allen, who has a rocket arm but struggled with touch on shorter passes, because he thought he was the best QB. If a coach wanted to be able to run a system with a run-pass option where the QB had the freedom to run with the ball, it would not make sense for a GM to draft a Josh Rosen or Rudolph, both of which are said to be pretty immobile.

You can apply my opinion to all other positions like a GM drafting a LB who's a better fit for a 4-3 when the head coach/def cord want to run a 3-4 defense.

Now, all that being said, you have to remember what Beane said about NOT drafting a player for a system because he could likely outlast the coordinators and head coach so it's best to draft a player who would be adaptable to any system.

Man, I think these guys definitely earn their money having to make these decisions.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

the disgruntled scout stuff is all true and I have a relative in another FO. I see the reports of who they like and lol. Anything you see right now from guys like Ben Allbright, Daniel Jeremiah, etc is being put out there on purpose. If you heard something in December or January it could be legit. In April it’s BS.

Didn't know that about you.  It would be interesting to know who your relative thinks the Bills like and if the Bills/Allen rumors are true.  Cool thread.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They won’t take him. All if this meshes with what I’ve heard as well. 1)There are too many wanna be GMs in that room for the Browns and egos are getting in the way 

The Browns you would think would finally start to get it right, with the young talent on their roster and current draft picks they should be set up as good as can be, but without a doubt it seems like there are too many cooks in the kitchen and I think that could help them keep their legacy going.

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Didn't know that about you.  It would be interesting to know who your relative thinks the Bills like and if the Bills/Allen rumors are true.  Cool thread.

I never ask about the Bills until after the draft - I want to know what he thinks of their picks. Only Bills stuff he knows is when they have guys on the trade block and why. I never want to ask too much. But I know his own team would never, ever leak who tops their board. Only a few guys actually know that right now and it’s not scouts. They only leak other names mainly to throw people off the scent. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I never ask about the Bills until after the draft - I want to know what he thinks of their picks. Only Bills stuff he knows is when they have guys on the trade block and why. I never want to ask too much. But I know his own team would never, ever leak who they were actually planning to take. They only leak other names mainly to throw people off the scent. 

Cool.  I'd be interested after the draft to hear about that.  The spycraft info in the op was interesting as well.  That would be an awesome job.  It may be too early for my brain, but what is b.o.i in the op?

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They won’t take him. All if this meshes with what I’ve heard as well. 1)There are too many wanna be GMs in that room for the Browns and egos are getting in the way and 2)hue is dead man walking. He will not get his way, they will purposely not take his guy.

there is a weekly series on Channel 5 that  are doing that goes behind the scenes with the pre draft process for the Browns. Obviously they don’t reveal anything but the awkwardness between hue and Dorsey is palpable and uncomfortable. They hate each other already.

i can’t picture Sashi in a cigar bar 

the disgruntled scout stuff is all true and I have a relative in another FO. I see the reports of who they have “significant interest in”  and know it’s not who they are taking. Anything you see right now from guys like Ben Allbright, Daniel Jeremiah, etc is being put out there on purpose. If you heard something in December or January it could be legit. In April it’s BS.

I fully agree and think point 2 is huge and something I have been saying for awhile.  Dorsey wanted to pick his coach, but Haslam opened his mouth and boxed them in.  I don’t think it matters to much how they do - I think Hue is gone as soon as Dorsey can drop him.

It makes things very interesting as typically at this point the #1 pick is all but settled and that would allow teams to focus on #2, but this year it seems the Browns don’t know what they are doing and therefore everyone else has been stuck in wait and see mode.

29 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Working out Darnold might be for several reasons, all at the same time.  One is that he might fall to them. Another is that they might trade up to the top 4 for him.  Another is  that if they "threaten" or make people they "might take him at 1-4", it might get them a better trade deal at a lower pick.   It does make everybody else's plans more fuzzy, which will help us.

Darnold fall to 12? 

bawahahahahahhaaaaaaa

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

1. Browns- Chubb

2. Giants- Darnold

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Browns - Rosen

5. Broncos - Allen

We are on the outside looking in. There is a chance that Barkley at 5 is too good of a deal to pass up for Elway but he is QB crazy and has been on a mission all offseason to check out all of the QB prospects in person with his entire staff with him. Hopefully Allen isn't who he wants since they already have a big inaccurate QB project with Paxton Lynch. So maybe they do take Barkley at 5. I'd say it's 50-50.

We either zero in on our guy and give up everything to get to 2 or we sit back and see if we can get Allen at 6-7. If the Giants know their pick is now for the top QB in the draft it will be worth a massive haul. Expect 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, next year's 1st. If the Bills think they have found their QB that will be around for the next decade then do it. Otherwise you are hoping and praying you get a shot at Allen, a QB who is 2 yrs away from starting.

Yeah I agree. IMO, 4 QB’s go in the top 5.

Going to be the most exciting draft ever. Can’t wait.

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

all that says to me id that people on the Browns board are as idiotic as people on the Bills board. B-)

That’s true as a whole of any message board. But at draft time, believe it or not, info like this is more credible than what you see on mainstream twitter from the guys with the blue check mark who intentionally are being fed misinformation for the masses. To me, the fewer posts a guy has on a message board the more I believe what he’s saying. Usually they fly in, report stuff, and leave. If they stick around defending themselves incessantly like Dunkirk Don, I know they are frauds. 

Never forget Leroi correctly called the pick here on 2015 when no one had the name on the Bills radar. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Man reading all that makes we want to work in the NFL , also shows what a cluster truck the Browns are.

Also shows why we should draft Mayfield.

I hope those dumtards draft Jackson at four :lol:  0:)

wouldn't this be epic?!!!:o

19 minutes ago, McBean said:

Yeah I agree. IMO, 4 QB’s go in the top 5.

Going to be the most exciting draft ever. Can’t wait.

This was always inexorable and as easy to read as the Hollywood sign on the hill.  Which 4 picks of the top 5 and what sequence is interesting but the Browns, Giants, Jets and Broncos will all have a new QB before the Colts are on the clock.  The Jets/Colts trade was not about the Bills, it was about the Broncos.  

The slim chance the Bills have is a trade with the Browns at 4, or if the article is true, and their dysfunctional group can only reach agreement by seeing what happens in front of them, an even slimmer possibility at 1.  Both of these possibilities are very slim IMO.  If the Giants somehow hate all the QBs but one, and the Browns pick that guy, I suppose something could happen.  I think the overall odds of the Bills making a top 4 pick is about 2%.