Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fight Defending The Bills?

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Miya different when you have someone trying to bully you for being a Bills fan.  You gotta stand up for yourself and your team sometimes 

Nope.  You can walk away.  I've had my fair share of bullies, no need to fight back.  You fight back by being the stronger and smarter person and walk away from that.  It's amazing to me what people choose to stand and fight for.  So many real things to fight for...

I have but I don't have time to tell the whole story. Me in Bills gear at a bar in Chicago, Patriots fan in his gear in bar in Chicago. Playing pool Patriots fan comes out of the bathroom and bums into me and then says watch where your !@#$ing going. Made the mistake of getting right up into my face then I punched him in his, he hit the floor I ran out the side door of bar. Thats the only kinda Bills related fight that I've been in. I have about 5 others that are not Bills related, 2 don't end well for me.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

no.  i've been in arguments over the bills, but never an actual fight.  i lived in boston when the pats started to be good with bledsoe, and the bills weren't know to be terrible yet, so there were arguments.  

well i'm no shrinking violet  and twice that I recall I know for a Fact that hubby was  THIS CLOSE to having to defend my honor when I would unabashedly SCORN bad calls against the Bills and yes even be prone to rubbing AFC East opponents noses in it if their team made a bad play or choked in some regard... it was more young and dumb than anything...My Favorite was taunting the fish fans in my Bills colors at a Monday night Football game here in San Diego against the stinkin Fish Years ago.... true story there was a bedsheet

painted with "Bryan Cox  You are Wanted In Buffalo" it was during that era....I was in rare form that night along with all the other proud Bills fans in attendance LOL

signed scrappy muppy~

15 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here's a question, that I am sure many people can relate to.  I'm wondering if you have ever gotten into a fight defending the Bills.  Personally, I have gotten into many verbal fights that occasionally ended with pushing, shoving, or a thrown drink here or there.  

H12N-Starter-proline-NFL-Buffalo-bills-jacket-1.jpg

In high school, this happened quite a bit.  I used to have a Buffalo Bills Starter jacket (which ironically is now worth a lot of money) and it was great to wear it to school when the Bills were winning.  Not so great on Monday after a Super Bowl loss.  I remember getting teased really really bad the day after Super Bowl 27.  Mind you, this was in Western, NY but I think people had started to turn on the Bills for losing.  The problem is that many fans were jumping on Dallas Cowboy bandwagon and wearing those annoying dark blue and silver poofy Starter coats.  Sorry to any Dallas fans, but those guys were just jerks.  The irony of those kids from the blue-collar city thinking they were rough and tough Cowboys.

fc306881bf1ddeda1249f056e48606d7.jpg

Anyway these were the days when kids were allowed to be bullies.  There was a lot of bullying going on and school just accepted it as part of the high school experience.  And wow was I bullied after the Bills Super Bowl loss and it started immediately - like right when I walked into school before the first period began.  It got so bad, I finally stood up to one fat blonde haired kid with the Cowboys Starter coat and told him to shut the f up.  I think his name was Randy.  This was around a crowd and he was embarrassed, so he challenged me to fight in the gym at 2:30.  I didn't want to fight because I knew I'd lose, but something inside me wanted to fight for the Bills.  By the end of the day, word really began to spread throughout school and everyone was asking me if I really was going to go through with it.  I told them yes. 

I remember walking down the halls with my Starter jacket.  Several teachers heard of the fight too and they made not attempt to stop me.  In fact, several male teachers shook my hand and said "good luck."  When I got to the gym, I saw Randy waiting for me on the bleachers. 

There must have been about a 100 people waiting.  I ran over the bleachers and we started trading punches on the bleachers.  We fell over a few times, as it's easy to trip over the steps.  I took a few good shots but gave some back too.  But the fight stopped when we backed up to the edge of the bleachers I picked Randy up and suplexed him over the guardrail onto a plastic table.  The table didn't break but it did tip and he kind of skidded right off it.  Everyone cheered.  Randy's pride was kind of wounded and he pretended that he was hurt worse than he was to get out of the situation.  He limped away pretending he hurt his knee when people congratulated me.  

They did not sing the "Shout" but they damn well should have.  The worst part about this was, I think the gym teachers were still in their offices hanging out.  They were too damn lazy to get off their ass to try to stop a fight after school.   Oddly enough, no one was ever disciplined or even questioned about the event.  There were a ton of people there, so the adults and teachers had to find out about but no one cared to do anything.  "Boys will be boys" I guess.  But them 'Dem Boys (Cowboys)....F Them.  

That's really the last major physical confrontation I've had, but it's a great memory defending the Bills against a bandwagon, trash-talking Cowboy wannabe fan.   The Bills did not win the Super Bowl that year, but I sure won the fight. 

I got one of those old starter jackets in my storage closet.  Why would that thing be worth a lot of money now?

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Just another "look at me" thread.

#pleasemakeitstop

Now this is ironic considering your "Mayfield will be a Bill" thread you just started.

Edited by Mark80

14 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I was hitchhiking through Maine a few years back wearing my Bills hat and shirt when the local sheriff, who I assume was a Pats fan, started hassling me.  They said I was drunk in public, which wasn't true since I was only half drunk at the time, and tossed me in a holding cell to cool off.  Thats when I started having flashbacks and my military training kicked in.  I wound up destroying half the town.  They called in the special forces, had to take them all out. 

It was a massacre.

"They drew first blood.....not me"

Never any physical altercations. Got into many arguments/debates, particularly with an old high school/college friend of mine constantly. He was a Raider fan, hated the Bills and loved to debate. He'd constantly antagonize, which just made me love the Buffalo Bills more. I've had the same with a Fish fan who is a buddy of mine in recent years.

When that day comes for us all and our team finally lifts the Lombardi trophy, it will be more grand than any other team's fans... outside of maybe Cleveland. 

Never got into a fight over the Bills but I did get stabbed in a fight in college. I had to identify the dude in a police lineup and testify in front of a grand jury. The guy is actually serving like 25 years or something. This would have been in 2003 so I don’t know if he is out yet. He had a pending hate crime against him at the time. He was also the prime suspect in a murder investigation where the guy was killed with a hatchet (don’t know how that turned out). Nothing to do with the Bills but it’s a good story nonetheless...

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

Back in 1994, I drove to West Virginia to visit a Navy buddy.  We both got out in 1993.  I had a Bills jacket on when we went to a bar.  Got into a conversation with a Cowboys fan.  I didn't think it was contentious at all, but this guy obviously felt differently.  Long story, short - he was sitting at the bar and I was standing behind him, to his right.  Out of nowhere, he turned and punched me in the face with his left hand.  I staggered back into a table/chairs and squared up.  As soon as he got out of his seat, he was corralled by some locals and thrown out of the bar.  He would have kicked my ass.  His fist, in one hit, managed to give me a black eye, a bloody nose and a broken lip.  And the Cowboys were BETTER than the Bills.  Good times.

The taste of your blood should have turned you into a weapon.