Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fight Defending The Bills?

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It usually takes two total idiots to engage in a physical fight over which team you root for.

This is illustrated beautifully in the original post.

I think you need to reread the post again.  I was getting teased mercessily for the Super Bowl loss.  It was like the second I walked into the school that the harassment and bullying began.  

Also I never provoked the fight.  I got in Randy’s face when he was being jerk but never wanted to fight.  He challenged me to a fight and I like “yeah?  Fine, I’ll fight you.”  It’s not like I was fighting for the honor of the Bills - I was just sick of a bully giving me a hard time for being a Bills fan....and spreading lies about the team

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Is this really a thing?  Good lord, we're a nation of cretans.  It's a friggin' game.

Now I think schools are much stricter on bullying.  I don’t think stuff like this happens anymore, at least now without consequences or news coverage

Good story by the OP.  It sounds like we went to high school around the same time(I graduated in 1991).  It is funny how teachers used to treat fighting compared to today.  My one friend went to St Joes & he told me a story one time that a kid was mouthing off to a teacher & wouldn't stop so the teacher challenged him to a fight, said he called him out in the parking lot after school with a hole crowd around him.  The kid was so scarred he wouldn't go outside until the principal had to calm the teacher down & talk him out of fighting the kid.  Could you imagine that happening today?  It would be on CNN headline news. 

my intramural team at rochester was called "rochester bills." one time we got into a fight with a bunch of jerks from eastman because they tried to disrespect us in our house (fauver stadium). i tried to crush a guy's hand since i figured he needed it to play the trombone, clarinet, piano, etc. he pushed me into the sand pit where the long jump takes place and we started hurling sand at each other mr. fuji-style. to be fair, we were way drunk and they were way better.

afterwards we went to country sweet.

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Good story by the OP.  It sounds like we went to high school around the same time(I graduated in 1991).  It is funny how teachers used to treat fighting compared to today.  My one friend went to St Joes & he told me a story one time that a kid was mouthing off to a teacher & wouldn't stop so the teacher challenged him to a fight, said he called him out in the parking lot after school with a hole crowd around him.  The kid was so scarred he wouldn't go outside until the principal had to calm the teacher down & talk him out of fighting the kid.  Could you imagine that happening today?  It would be on CNN headline news. 

Wow yeah I was a few years after 1991 but it sounds like things were very similar.  I remember teachers actually making fun of kids in class and being very sarcastic when the did something stupid.  Now, this kind of stuff would be the next YouTube viral videos. If only we had camera phones back then.

I do have to say though, most teachers were supportive of the Bills.  They weren’t jerks like some of th students - especially toward the end of the Super Bowl run.  I really believe that after the big loss at SB27 people genuinely were sick of the team both locally and nationally

Just now, NoSaint said:

Honestly, I believe his more than yours 

Funny but I probably can produce numerous witnesses that will back up my story.  This was talked about for quite some time

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Wow yeah I was a few years after 1991 but it sounds like things were very similar.  I remember teachers actually making fun of kids in class and being very sarcastic when the did something stupid.  Now, this kind of stuff would be the next YouTube viral videos. If only we had camera phones back then.

I do have to say though, most teachers were supportive of the Bills.  They weren’t jerks like some of th students - especially toward the end of the Super Bowl run.  I really believe that after the big loss at SB27 people genuinely were sick of the team both locally and nationally

Funny but I probably can produce numerous witnesses that will back up my story.  This was talked about for quite some time

Id bet jauronimo could too, if there were any survivors.

But please do bring your witnesses! 

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think you need to reread the post again.  I was getting teased mercessily for the Super Bowl loss.  It was like the second I walked into the school that the harassment and bullying began.  

Also I never provoked the fight.  I got in Randy’s face when he was being jerk but never wanted to fight.  He challenged me to a fight and I like “yeah?  Fine, I’ll fight you.”  It’s not like I was fighting for the honor of the Bills - I was just sick of a bully giving me a hard time for being a Bills fan....and spreading lies about the team

Now I think schools are much stricter on bullying.  I don’t think stuff like this happens anymore, at least now without consequences or news coverage

I re-read your post, just to be sure.

You wrote this:

"Personally, I have gotten into many verbal fights that occasionally ended with pushing, shoving, or a thrown drink here or there".

My previously posted assessment is dead-on accurate.

'

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You wrote this:

"Personally, I have gotten into many verbal fights that occasionally ended with pushing, shoving, or a thrown drink here or there".

'

It’s hard to keep track of the details of his made up story.

notice others in this thread are much more consistent ::cough::jauronimo::cough::

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You wrote this:

'

Well i said occasionally endanger with a push or thrown drink.  Most of the time it’s just arguments.

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Nope, And I personally wish people that got in fights at football games had an automatic 10 days in jail and a $10,000 fine.

Just because you idiots want to be jackasses, doesn't mean you need to ruin my experience.

Well in all fairness, it’s usually not at football games - mostly bars or night clubs that show football

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just another "look at me" thread.

#pleasemakeitstop

Nope this is 100% legit.  It was quite a memory too

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here's a question, that I am sure many people can relate to.  I'm wondering if you have ever gotten into a fight defending the Bills.  Personally, I have gotten into many verbal fights that occasionally ended with pushing, shoving, or a thrown drink here or there.  

H12N-Starter-proline-NFL-Buffalo-bills-jacket-1.jpg

In high school, this happened quite a bit.  I used to have a Buffalo Bills Starter jacket (which ironically is now worth a lot of money) and it was great to wear it to school when the Bills were winning.  Not so great on Monday after a Super Bowl loss.  I remember getting teased really really bad the day after Super Bowl 27.  Mind you, this was in Western, NY but I think people had started to turn on the Bills for losing.  The problem is that many fans were jumping on Dallas Cowboy bandwagon and wearing those annoying dark blue and silver poofy Starter coats.  Sorry to any Dallas fans, but those guys were just jerks.  The irony of those kids from the blue-collar city thinking they were rough and tough Cowboys.

fc306881bf1ddeda1249f056e48606d7.jpg

Anyway these were the days when kids were allowed to be bullies.  There was a lot of bullying going on and school just accepted it as part of the high school experience.  And wow was I bullied after the Bills Super Bowl loss and it started immediately - like right when I walked into school before the first period began.  It got so bad, I finally stood up to one fat blonde haired kid with the Cowboys Starter coat and told him to shut the f up.  I think his name was Randy.  This was around a crowd and he was embarrassed, so he challenged me to fight in the gym at 2:30.  I didn't want to fight because I knew I'd lose, but something inside me wanted to fight for the Bills.  By the end of the day, word really began to spread throughout school and everyone was asking me if I really was going to go through with it.  I told them yes. 

I remember walking down the halls with my Starter jacket.  Several teachers heard of the fight too and they made not attempt to stop me.  In fact, several male teachers shook my hand and said "good luck."  When I got to the gym, I saw Randy waiting for me on the bleachers. 

There must have been about a 100 people waiting.  I ran over the bleachers and we started trading punches on the bleachers.  We fell over a few times, as it's easy to trip over the steps.  I took a few good shots but gave some back too.  But the fight stopped when we backed up to the edge of the bleachers I picked Randy up and suplexed him over the guardrail onto a plastic table.  The table didn't break but it did tip and he kind of skidded right off it.  Everyone cheered.  Randy's pride was kind of wounded and he pretended that he was hurt worse than he was to get out of the situation.  He limped away pretending he hurt his knee when people congratulated me.  

They did not sing the "Shout" but they damn well should have.  The worst part about this was, I think the gym teachers were still in their offices hanging out.  They were too damn lazy to get off their ass to try to stop a fight after school.   Oddly enough, no one was ever disciplined or even questioned about the event.  There were a ton of people there, so the adults and teachers had to find out about but no one cared to do anything.  "Boys will be boys" I guess.  But them 'Dem Boys (Cowboys)....F Them.  

That's really the last major physical confrontation I've had, but it's a great memory defending the Bills against a bandwagon, trash-talking Cowboy wannabe fan.   The Bills did not win the Super Bowl that year, but I sure won the fight. 

My major fights with regard to the Bills have been with Depression, Anxiety, Futility and Longing. 

On the other hand, it brings me around to stories like this and that is awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I nearly came to blows with a Pats fan after the 2015 season.   I advised the Pats fan that the Bills Pass rush in Foxboro in 2015 exposed their offensive line weaknesses creating a blueprint for the rest of the league culminating in the pats loss at Denver in the AFC championship.  

• Like (+1) 2

I was returning from a superbowl party after the 4th loss and had a good buzz on.  My Dolphins fan friend was driving, and we swung by mcdonalds on highway in CT.  As I walked out, two meatheads were pointing and laughing at me(I was head to toe in Bills gear).   Walking by table I said-"Did your boyfriend say something funny?" and walked out.  They had a stunned look on their face.  I got to car and said to my buddy "I think we have a fight".  We waited out in car, two meatheads opened door, looked around and went back in :lol:

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here's a question, that I am sure many people can relate to.  I'm wondering if you have ever gotten into a fight defending the Bills.  Personally, I have gotten into many verbal fights that occasionally ended with pushing, shoving, or a thrown drink here or there.  

H12N-Starter-proline-NFL-Buffalo-bills-jacket-1.jpg

In high school, this happened quite a bit.  I used to have a Buffalo Bills Starter jacket (which ironically is now worth a lot of money) and it was great to wear it to school when the Bills were winning.  Not so great on Monday after a Super Bowl loss.  I remember getting teased really really bad the day after Super Bowl 27.  Mind you, this was in Western, NY but I think people had started to turn on the Bills for losing.  The problem is that many fans were jumping on Dallas Cowboy bandwagon and wearing those annoying dark blue and silver poofy Starter coats.  Sorry to any Dallas fans, but those guys were just jerks.  The irony of those kids from the blue-collar city thinking they were rough and tough Cowboys.

fc306881bf1ddeda1249f056e48606d7.jpg

Anyway these were the days when kids were allowed to be bullies.  There was a lot of bullying going on and school just accepted it as part of the high school experience.  And wow was I bullied after the Bills Super Bowl loss and it started immediately - like right when I walked into school before the first period began.  It got so bad, I finally stood up to one fat blonde haired kid with the Cowboys Starter coat and told him to shut the f up.  I think his name was Randy.  This was around a crowd and he was embarrassed, so he challenged me to fight in the gym at 2:30.  I didn't want to fight because I knew I'd lose, but something inside me wanted to fight for the Bills.  By the end of the day, word really began to spread throughout school and everyone was asking me if I really was going to go through with it.  I told them yes. 

I remember walking down the halls with my Starter jacket.  Several teachers heard of the fight too and they made not attempt to stop me.  In fact, several male teachers shook my hand and said "good luck."  When I got to the gym, I saw Randy waiting for me on the bleachers. 

There must have been about a 100 people waiting.  I ran over the bleachers and we started trading punches on the bleachers.  We fell over a few times, as it's easy to trip over the steps.  I took a few good shots but gave some back too.  But the fight stopped when we backed up to the edge of the bleachers I picked Randy up and suplexed him over the guardrail onto a plastic table.  The table didn't break but it did tip and he kind of skidded right off it.  Everyone cheered.  Randy's pride was kind of wounded and he pretended that he was hurt worse than he was to get out of the situation.  He limped away pretending he hurt his knee when people congratulated me.  

They did not sing the "Shout" but they damn well should have.  The worst part about this was, I think the gym teachers were still in their offices hanging out.  They were too damn lazy to get off their ass to try to stop a fight after school.   Oddly enough, no one was ever disciplined or even questioned about the event.  There were a ton of people there, so the adults and teachers had to find out about but no one cared to do anything.  "Boys will be boys" I guess.  But them 'Dem Boys (Cowboys)....F Them.  

That's really the last major physical confrontation I've had, but it's a great memory defending the Bills against a bandwagon, trash-talking Cowboy wannabe fan.   The Bills did not win the Super Bowl that year, but I sure won the fight. 

Anytime I think I need to just quit this board, a brilliant post like this brings me back. I wasn't expecting a complete play-by-play. This made my day.

As for fights, I've punched myself in the face many a Sunday at about 4:10pm. Does that count?

• Haha (+1) 1