Two Weeks Out, What do you Currently want to happen?

Virgil

4 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

It's a QB driven league so the market is not going to stop being aggessive at spending for a QB IMO.

I do not see a mortgage of the future by trading away this year's draft picks. We will have draft picks left this year and will get more next year, we also will have plenty of money to spend next season on FAs. A QB needs some time to learn and grow, a QB also needs to find the guys that work best with him. Sometimes a later round player will play incredible with one QB but horrible with another. Build around a QB first iMO because the QB can puck who he wants as his guys. That frendship

I agree. If we get up to #2 because that's where "our guy" is, then I will be happy with that. I personally see us getting our guy at #7. That's been my belief for a while now, and I think that the "QB rush" won't actually leave us hanging. 

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Two weeks until possibly the most exciting draft in the past 20 years for the Bills, possibly NFL.  With that, he's what we know......NOTHING.  

With that, with the loss of two of our offensive starters on a line that wasn't that great; with a missing 2/3's of our goal starting linebackers, I can't get on board with completely throwing away all of our picks for one QB.  

So, as of right now, I would be willing to trade both of our 1st's this year and our 1st next year to move up to at least 4.  I know we need a trade partner first and some things to fall our way, but if any of the big 4 are there from pick 4 on, then I'm making that trade to get one of them.  I think we need the remaining picks to fill some holes.  However, I'm not making any trades pre-draft.  I'm waiting and seeing.  If the Giants don't go QB at 2, then I'm happy and assume one will make it to the 5-8 range.   If that's the case, then we may be able to move up just trading #12 and a 2nd rounder.  

Ideally, I want our QB and McDermott to get his starting MLB as I believe that's the main piece to his defense.  I'm not horribly worried about the offensive line and will settle for BPA in that category.  McDermott liked Ducasse at RG, we have Groy for LG, and we signed the starting Center from the Bengals.  It's not a world beating line, but we know it can work.  If we can upgrade in the draft our FA, then great.  But we have more pressing needs.

say we are unable to trade up into the top 5 and the top 4 QB's are all gone by the time pick #6 arrives. another scenario i think might be intriguing is what if we were able to get a trade done with the Eagles for Foles. say a 2nd and a 3rd. i don't believe that would fit in with the ultimate build dynamic McBeane envisions, but it might be the best possible outcome. then we could also take a flier later in the draft on a Lauletta or a Falk.

McBeane seems to always get a real good deal done so i would put no stone past him.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree. If we get up to #2 because that's where "our guy" is, then I will be happy with that. I personally see us getting our guy at #7. That's been my belief for a while now, and I think that the "QB rush" won't actually leave us hanging. 

Man that would be great but very risky IMO.

I would rather know for sure and just spend to get the guy

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

say we are unable to trade up into the top 5 and the top 4 QB's are all gone by the time pick #6 arrives. another scenario i think might be intriguing is what if we were able to get a trade done with the Eagles for Foles. say a 2nd and a 3rd. i don't believe that would fit in with the ultimate build dynamic McBeane envisions, but it might be the best possible outcome. then we could also take a flier later in the draft on a Lauletta or a Falk.

McBeane seems to always get a real good deal done so i would put no stone past him.

I would rather trade a 2nd from 2019 for Foles than waste any of our top 4 picks on Jackson or Rudolph 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Use our picks to fill out the roster with young talent. I don't see any of these QB's with significantly more upside than Mccarron. JMO

So IMO you liked the way Whaley ran things. Backup QBs and always filling in the players that left for bigger contracts every draft. Never ending cycle because your team is never good enough. Sure you have a top D and a solid Oline but your offense can not score because your QB is only good at holding a towel on his head. JMO

What makes you think other positions can not flop. We have had RBs,WRs,DBs, linemen all get Injured or flop or leave as soon as the first contract is up. A QB makes a team and makes other players want to stay or come here and have said QB take them to the promised land. Without a top QB the never ending cycle of not good enough just continues the same groundhogs day of not good enough

Edited by xRUSHx

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Man that would be great but very risky IMO.

I would rather know for sure and just spend to get the guy

But there's no real way to tell who the right guy is. Besides, if we had wanted to get into the top five, why didn't we blow the colts out of the water with an offer? I just think that there's a more likely version of this were we end up in the 5-8 range and get the guy we want. 

Honestly I am banking on the first six going like this: 

QB

Chubb

QB

Barley 

DB/trade 

Nelson/Trade

51 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

What I want: Roquan Smith at 12 and a trade up from 22 for Lamar

What I expect: A trade up to the 7-10 range to take the 4th QB in the draft (my guess being Rosen)

Like Smith.. Definitely disagree on Lamar.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

But there's no real way to tell who the right guy is. Besides, if we had wanted to get into the top five, why didn't we blow the colts out of the water with an offer? I just think that there's a more likely version of this were we end up in the 5-8 range and get the guy we want. 

QB

Chubb

QB

Barley 

DB/trade 

Nelson/Trade

You can't make that move, especially at that price, this early unless you are comfortable taking the 3rd highest QB on your board. Seems clear the Bills aren't.

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So IMO you liked the way Whaley ran things. Backup QBs and always filling in the players that left for bigger contracts every draft. Never ending cycle because your team is never good enough. Sure you have a top D and a solid Oline but your offense can not score because your QB is only good at holding a towel on his head. JMO

What makes you think other positions can not flop. We have had RBs,WRs,DBs, linemen all get Injured or flop or leave as soon as the first contract is up. A QB makes a team and makes other players want to stay or come here and have said QB take them to the promised land. Without a top QB the never ending cycle of not good enough just continues the same groundhogs day of not good enough

Other positions have less risk of failure than QB. It has been proven that teams can win without a "franchise QB". Like last year for instance.

I want more awareness. Actually have a guy checked out medically before you extend him so that it's not an embarrassment. 

Know if a guy is seriously contemplating retirement before you give him a contract and trade another offensive lineman. 

Draft a QB in this next draft especially since you know all your eggs are in the AJMCbackup basket. Don't risk having to make me hope Peterman got better because AJ is just a backup QB and is crapping the bed. If Tyrod does better in Cleveland it will be an embarrassment. I'll admit the odds of Tyrod making the Browns look good is slim but the possibility for embarrassment exist. 

Know the kind of guy you draft at WR is going to try to jump out a window. It's all an embarrassment.

I'm assuming next year has a high probability of going in the tank. I have faith the HC can do a lot with a little. I understand the moves the Bills made but it's going to haunt them. 

I just want awareness. We as fans got hit with bad news a few times. We need something to hope for. I need something to hope for, especially if I have to sit through a terrible season of losing. 

I want some good news. Bring me some good news in this draft. If you trade up big for a QB I'll forgive a bad season. If you don't get me a QB then I'll be critical if we fall below the average seasons we have had. 

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

QB

Chubb

QB

Barley 

DB/trade 

Nelson/Trade

IMO when your up to bat you either swing or wait to get walked. I want the home run so I want to swing sadly some would rather take the safer way and wait for the walk worried about striking out. Either your a go getter or you not IMO.

IMO the draft will go if no trades top 5

QB

RB

QB

QB

QB

Edited by xRUSHx

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO when your up to bat you either swing or wait to get walked. I want the home run so I want to swing sadly some would rather take the safer way and wait for the walk worried about striking out. Either your a go getter or you not IMO.

IMO the draft will go if no trades top 5

QB

RB

QB

QB

QB

Browns taking two QB?

I agree that risk is necessary, but there has to be some function of care when taking risk.

Edited by whatdrought

11 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Other positions have less risk of failure than QB. It has been proven that teams can win without a "franchise QB". Like last year for instance.

Yeah it had nothing to do with Wentz starting the season off hot.(sarcasm)

Always nice when a QB that has proven to be ok ends up with his best ever season. 

Are you old enough to remember Frank Reich. He was the Bills QB that led the greatest comeback game ever and then went on to be a starter of a different team but sadly flopped bad. You ever here of Matt Cassel, man he had a great year when Brady was down. What about that guy in Denver that got that big contract after the one hit wonder or how about Tebow.

Many QBs not good enough get that one hot season sadly after that it's a big flop.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Browns taking two QB?

Haha oops, I added a trade I guess, my bad.

I expect Chubb in that top 5 actually or some trades.

Ok Clev, QB

Giants, RB

Jets,QB

Clev, Chubb or trade

Denver, QB

Or

Clev, RB

Giants trade, Buffalo QB

Jets, QB

Clev, QB

Denver, QB

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I just don't see the Giants and the Broncos taking a QB. 

I also do not see Giants taking a QB, IMO they want Barkley or will trade out and is why I think Cleveland will take Barkley and then take QB at 4. I do see Denver taking a QB with Cousins as a place holder.

18 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

who won without a franchise QB last year. I could of swore that Philly put a lot of assets into Wentz who played 13 games that season and got them to the playoffs.

Unless you don't count the season and only the playoffs....  But make no mistake.. Philly used lots of assets to get multiple QBs over the last few years. Thye were able ot get some assets back but they spent LARGE getting them to begin with

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I also do not see Giants taking a QB, IMO they want Barkley or will trade out and is why I think Cleveland will take Barkley and then take QB at 4. I do see Denver taking a QB with Cousins as a place holder.

I think the Browns have to take a QB 1st. 

The Giants might love Barkley, but after trading JPP I would be shocked if it wasn't Chubb (or a trade) 

And the Broncos I just don't see a QB and here's why- John Elway's legacy is not going so well. He has drafted two first rd QB's and not gotten much of anything from them. He only has at best 2 years left to show that he can get them back in the playoffs and competitive. He has what he needs for that with Keenum (in theory). Now he needs to rebuild his old defense and get back to the playoffs. I think Ward, or Fitzpatrick makes way more sense there than a QB does. (a trade also makes sense) 

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

who won without a franchise QB last year. I could of swore that Philly put a lot of assets into Wentz who played 13 games that season and got them to the playoffs.

Unless you don't count the season and only the playoffs....  But make no mistake.. Philly used lots of assets to get multiple QBs over the last few years. Thye were able ot get some assets back but they spent LARGE getting them to begin with

Another guy who gets it.

This isn't 1975.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Two weeks until possibly the most exciting draft in the past 20 years for the Bills, possibly NFL.  With that, he's what we know......NOTHING.  

Honestly, I wanna get this freakin draft over with. I am incredibly tired of reading/hearing about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think the Browns have to take a QB 1st. 

The Giants might love Barkley, but after trading JPP I would be shocked if it wasn't Chubb (or a trade) 

And the Broncos I just don't see a QB and here's why- John Elway's legacy is not going so well. He has drafted two first rd QB's and not gotten much of anything from them. He only has at best 2 years left to show that he can get them back in the playoffs and competitive. He has what he needs for that with Keenum (in theory). Now he needs to rebuild his old defense and get back to the playoffs. I think Ward, or Fitzpatrick makes way more sense there than a QB does. (a trade also makes sense) 

IMO Cleveland is thinking Barkley won't be there at 4 so might take him first to make sure they get him and a top 3 QB will be available at 4.

You really think Chubb, man I just think they will trade out if Barkley is gone and fill in with later round picks. From what I am reading next years draft is when to take top D men and IMO the Giants have needs and will just fill in with more picks from a trade unless a super talent like Barkley is available at 2. IMO Giants are not one to take Chubb with such a high pick.

As for Elway I think he will keep trying at QB till he finds one and this draft is one to do it. Keenum is a fill in and If I am not mistaken he only signed a one year deal so either they get stuck with him with zero other options for 2019 or they swing big and have a new top talent QB from this draft to use in 2019. IMO sure the team has needs and Elway needs to win more but IMO if Keenum flops with nobody to take over in 2019 he will be fired as appose to a new start in 2019 with a top talent from this draft. Elway being a HOF QB  knows it starts and ends with QB and the 2019 draft class has nothing to offer when it comes to QBs.

JMO but man this draft could go in so many ways, I can see what your saying but IMO it will go different then yours and more then likely different then mine.haha.

Edited by xRUSHx

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO Cleveland is thinking Barkley won't be there at 4 so might take him first to make sure they get him and a top 3 QB will be available at 4.

You really think Chubb, man I just think they will trade out if Barkley is gone and fill in with later round picks. From what I am reading next years draft is when to take top D men and IMO the Giants have needs and will just fill in with more picks from a trade unless a super talent like Barkley is available at 2. IMO Giants are not one to take Chubb with such a high pick.

As for Elway I think he will keep trying at QB till he finds one and this draft is one to do it. Keenum is a fill in and If I am not mistaken he only signed a one year deal so either they get stuck with him with zero other options for 2019 or they swing big and have a new top talent QB from this draft to use in 2019. IMO sure the team has needs and Elway needs to win more but IMO if Keenum flops with nobody to take over in 2019 he will be fired as appose to a new start in 2019 with a top talent from this draft. Elway being a HOF QB  knows it starts and ends with QB and the 2019 draft has nothing to offer when it comes to QBs.

JMO but man this draft could go in so many ways, I can see what your saying but IMO it will go different then yours.

I don't think they can gamble like that. Obviously one of the top three will be there, but they screwed the pooch (and the dawg pound) so badly the past two years that they just need to cut the crap and pull the trigger. 

I think Getleman is a throwback and as nice as a runningback is, pass rush wins more games. This is a team that has won superbowls because of pass rush. I just think that's got to be the priority. It's also really important to think about the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. If my priority is pass rusher and running back whose there- Derrius Guice/Sony Michel, or Sam Hubbard/Lorenzo Carter? The value drop is significantly worse for EDGE. 

Keenum is on a two year deal (with some kind of option) if I remember correctly. I think that if Keenum flops Elway is gone either way so he needs to do his best to make sure Keenum doesn't flop. I don't think they're going to let him have another year just because he has a rookie waiting. Although Elway did keep Joeseph to be his scapegoat, so who knows...

It will be a wild one. 

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think they can gamble like that. Obviously one of the top three will be there, but they screwed the pooch (and the dawg pound) so badly the past two years that they just need to cut the crap and pull the trigger. 

I think Getleman is a throwback and as nice as a runningback is, pass rush wins more games. This is a team that has won superbowls because of pass rush. I just think that's got to be the priority. It's also really important to think about the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. If my priority is pass rusher and running back whose there- Derrius Guice/Sony Michel, or Sam Hubbard/Lorenzo Carter? The value drop is significantly worse for EDGE. 

Keenum is on a two year deal (with some kind of option) if I remember correctly. I think that if Keenum flops Elway is gone either way so he needs to do his best to make sure Keenum doesn't flop. I don't think they're going to let him have another year just because he has a rookie waiting. Although Elway did keep Joeseph to be his scapegoat, so who knows...

It will be a wild one. 

From some articles I have read Giants are not sold on Chubb and IMO many feel he is good, just not top 5 good.

26 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I just want the Browns to take Allen at 1. If not I want the Giants to keep their pick and take Chubb, then see the Jets take Allen. We slide up to 4 for Rosen/Mayfield.

In short I want the Jets or Browns to stop Buffalo from doing Billsy things.??

Haha, right on man

Mayfield is on a bunch of teams radar that are willing to move up for.

Edited by xRUSHx

31 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, I wanna get this freakin draft over with. I am incredibly tired of reading/hearing about it. 

Ha. You really think the end of the draft means it's over? Fat chance.

Immeadtly after the pick the people that didn't get the QB they wanted will start making "I'm done" and "Fire McBeane" threads. They will supply us with even more stats to show that Beane was wrong and they were right.

After that, we move to preseason, where the rookie QBs we didn't select will have some nice preseason moments against 3rd and 4th stringers. People will continue to point to that and tout how right they were. After that, any time any QB from this draft throws a TD pass there will be a thread made about it. Doesn't even matter how well the guy we select does or doesn't do. 

Somewhere on this board is someone that still believes to this day that had we taken Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib we would be Super Bowl contenders at this moment. Guaranteed.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I think getting the QB has to be the priority for that reason.  The Bills have had it bad at QB but not Limbo status.  By Limbo status I mean a guy that doesn't do anything and has you picking in the top 3-5 picks every year.  The Browns are the only team who understand QB Limbo.  We need to go ahead and get the QB because while we do not have franchise guys, we have guys that do just enough to keep us out of position of selecting a franchise guy.  Face it, we are in a rebuild.

I can't face it.

I still miss Dick Jauron.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I want Mayfield/Rosen, 2 LBs and 2 OL in the draft. That is all. 

Agree. My hoping is for at least seven picks (We currently have nine, I believe)...... And I have gone back and forth with six QB's over the last few weeks and I really like Darnold, Allen, and Rudolph as people and I don't care for Rosen or Mayfield, as people..... but they are the two that the Bills must be targeting OR just stay put.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I just did a fanspeak mock draft and came up with this...

12: QB LAMAR JACKSON LOUISVILLE
22: LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH BOISE STATE
53: WR ANTHONY MILLER MEMPHIS
56: G BRADEN SMITH AUBURN
65: C FRANK RAGNOW ARKANSAS 
96: TE HAYDEN HURST SOUTH CAROLINA

Can't get everything, so the defense had to suffer in the first three rounds. If you call getting Leighton Vader Esch suffering. I think our offense would be on the road to finally having huge play making abilities though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would be ecstatic if we:

- Trade into the Top 4 for either Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen

I would be pretty happy if we:

- Trade into 6-10 for Baker Mayfield

I would be skeptical, but somewhat satisfied if we:

- Stay at 12 and get either Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson

- Stay at 22 and get Mason Rudolph

Anything less, I'm not sure I could walk away from the draft with confidence.  I would be very worried that Brandon Beane "settled" for a lesser prospect, and was just afraid to pull the trigger and trade draft capital to land the guy we really wanted.

What do I currently want to happen?

The way I look at it Buffalo is trying to build a team for the future. Having said that, I think it would be a mistake to use up all of their draft capital to get into position to draft a "Franchise" quarterback. Let's be honest, in most cases a rookie quarterback needs to have some quality time behind a known starter to lean the ins and outs of the NFL (otherwise your setting him up to get killed) There is no guarantee that even if Buffalo was to get second pick of the draft that the quarterback would end up as viable long term solution. For example some notable 1st round failures include Mark Sanchez, David Carr, Tim Couch and Tod Blackledge (there are many more)

I think that Buffalo made a great decision to get AJ McCarron, he spent a 4 years learning from a capable starter (Andy Dalton), despite not playing much (practice makes perfect) he has been able to amass some respectable stats. Completion Percentage 64.7%, 6 TD with only 2 INT and a passer rating of 93.6 and deserves to be Buffalo's new starting QB, in fact I think he could become "The" franchise QB that everyone is looking for.

Now, having said all that, I would like to see Buffalo trade their #12 pick "DOWN" ideally, I would like to see them trade it to the NYG for their 2nd and 3rd round picks. What this would do is give Buffalo one 1st round pick, the equivalent of 5 second round picks (the 1st and second pick in the 3rd round is kind of equivalent to second round picks and a total of 7 count them SEVEN picks in the top 100.

Now that is rebuilding a team for the future!

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

We had a good draft with solid contributors last year and I am looking forward to seeing that again. I too am very hesitant with throwing away much of the draft for a QB, especially since I don't see a ton of difference among the top 4. I think we should let the draft come to us. 

IMHO, not the winning strategy for getting the QB you want. Behaving passively will get us know nowhere, and if we act in this manner we will deserve what we get