Let's say we take Mayfield at #7

And Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph are sitting there at #22, do you guys think a team like Pittsburgh or New Orleans would jump ahead of New England at #23? We could really screw New England out of a QB replacement to Tom Brady if we play our cards right.

Edited by NewDayBills
Grammar

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would be ecstatic about Mayfield but not sure at what your getting at?

Should we draft another QB or trade our 22nd pick?

Sorry if I wasn't clear! New England picks at 23 and we are directly before them at 22. I'm wondering if there would be a team interested in trading up for a QB at 22 so we can rooster block New England at 23. It may actually make more sense to trade out of 22 than staying put, just for the simple fact that we can screw the Patriots.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear! New England picks at 23 and we are directly before them at 22. I'm wondering if there would be a team interested in trading up for a QB at 22 so we can rooster block New England at 23. It may actually make more sense to trade out of 22 than staying put, just for the simple fact that we can screw the Patriots.

that and get more picks so I would always trade back in the first round unless getting a QB.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

And Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph are sitting there at #22, do you guys think a team like Pittsburgh or New Orleans would jump ahead of New England at #23? We could really screw New England out of a QB replacement to Tom Brady if we play our cards right.

As long as there willing to pay to get where we are why not.  Also depends on who's on the board at #22 if a player we had rated highly is there we just take him. 

Preventing New England from getting their QB can't be a factor when making a decision on if you get trade offers to trade back from 22 in that situation.  Will moving back prevent you from picking a quality player at #22 that you think will help this franchise?  Moving back is tempting given our increasing amount of roster holes, but don't pass on a player you really covet because you think you might screw over New England.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

sure why not. we will need to regain a couple o picks anyway, so that kills 2 birds wit one stone.

New England is in love with the QB from Richmond.  If anybody wanted to just get a QB to prevent NE then they are going to have to seriously over reach.

We need to do what is best for us and only that.  Now, if that includes taking the kid early in the 3rd, provided we still have 2 3rds, I wouldn't hate throwing a wrench in Bellicheats plans if we were to somehow miss on the others.

I'm starting to believe that there is a high probability that the Jets go with Mayfield.  I think Rosen is the QB that will drop and would be great news for us, I'm thinking anywhere from 4-10 is a possible trading destination in order to get him.   I don't believe anyone in their natural drafting order will select Rosen before Miami and he probably wouldn't even be selected by them.  The biggest fear is having someone jump up to scoop him, at least from my perspective.  

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Successful teams don't make moves that are just intended to "screw over" other teams. Can't worry about the Pats 6 years from now. 

It would all depend on who is on the board for us at that point. If I'm Buffalo and LVE is sitting there at 22 I take him. Unless a team wants to make it worth my while. 

Build your own team first and foremost.

I don't think the patriots are interested in Jackson and they will probably be able to get Rudolph at #31.

At #23 I think the patriots will be looking for an OT to replace the holding machine Nate Solder.

We could use an OT as well so if McGlinchey is available we could take him to help our line and to screw them.

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Mayfield will be gone by #7 so this thread is pointless.