Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

“You two are gay together”

”you two totally hook up”

”are you two going to wear matching outfits”

“how dare anyone think that my last comment was inappropriate”

Again, I don’t care, and i wouldn’t have commented if not for your lame defense if it - ultimately it reflects on you not me when you’ve made those comments. But even if last nights was just a bff joke you can’t be shocked someone would think otherwise after you’ve made the other comments previously. It takes the smallest amount of self awareness, common sense and owning of mistakes to understand that... but we all have things we struggle with. 

In ritchies case, it’s erratic behavior for some 30 years. I know you are all in on any possible discussion of that being wild accusations, misunderstandings or others faults. Firing his agent via twitter was nonsensical. His retirement is part of his time with us and it was spotty. He apologized for the Jax incident that you claim never happened. He’s not been  his worst here but he’s not been perfect. 

And im not insisting the rookie start, but... I hope he’s our best qb and I hope our best qb starts. You are the one saying bubble wrap him this year because a guard retired. Now that it’s been pointed out as ridiculous it’s shifted to claiming im insisting you must start the rookie immediately instead of just owning that “don’t play the rookie” is a ridiculous stance in the wake of this announcement.

I never said the first 2 things.  If I offended you with anything I did say however, I apologize. 

As for Ritchie, like I said, all I cared about was that he played well and kept himself out of trouble while with the Bills.  Some people deserve second chances and it's what they do with them that matters more than what happened before.  I just didn't see his inartful firing of his agents because he was retiring and attempt to wrangle one last big payday being a sign of impending mental breakdown like WEO hopes it is.  But even if it is, he's no longer a Bill. 

And no, I never said that just RI retiring is the reason they shouldn't start the rookie.  Again he wasn't the only one who retired, and they have a 2nd year LT and 2 guys everyone thinks suck in Ducasse and Mills.  But you want to start a rookie in the first game of the season because, well, he just should, OL be damned?  I think that would be ridiculous and again I point out below, many QB's who didn't have to start from day 1 have succeeded, so I'd rather not take the chance until I see that the OL is at least OK.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

say what?  "All"? 

But you're right.  He can't be "truly" racist if he has some black friends, right?  You've just solved that problem--assign every white person a black friend!!  Start writing your Nobel acceptance...

And can you list all of the top QBs who sat for a time before starting?

Ryan, Stafford, Carr, Mariota, Winston, Flacco, Newton, Dalton, Wilson, Luck, Wentz, Prescott all started their first game as rookies. Big Ben started his 3rd.  That' just current players.

Yeah, "all."  Even Jonathan Martin...until he conveniently used Ritchie as an excuse for his failures.  I haven't heard one (besides the obvious) say anything bad about him.  But even if a few had, "most of" doesn't really change much of anything, does it? 

You see the fact you can't escape with all your snark about "beards" and winning the Nobel Prize is that his black teammates on the Dols loved him and supported him over a fellow black player.  And while he came to the Bills with a rep, they ended up loving him as well.  What makes you think you have any special insight into anything, much less speak for the black community?   

And how about Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Tannehill, Bortles, Watson, Rivers, Keenum, Manning, Cousins and Garroppolllo?  My point stands.  There is absolutely no need to rush a rookie to play.  I know what you're trying to do here. 

Yes he's likely realizing the $6.9M mistake he just made.  For a guy to forgo almost to 30% of his career earnings by not playing this year, I think he'll quickly realize he shouldn't have walked away from that much $.

29 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I've said for days now that I thought it was strange that the Bills or his teammates (at least none that I'm aware of outside of McCoy) have congratulated him on his retirement. 

Something more has to be going on here. 

Come on man. He's done.

On 4/12/2018 at 9:40 PM, Doc said:

They didn't just lose a guard, or even any old guard.  They also lost their starting Center and RI was a Pro Bowler.  Dawkins is just a 2nd year player.  On the other side you have Ducasse and Mills.  Why would you risk your prize QB behind that OL until you see how they hold up in real action?   

The also gave away their Pro Bowl QB too.....

22 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Ritchie will be missed and his retirement leaves this OL in shambles.  If I'm Beane, I'm calling Chas Rheingold's agent and offering Reinhart whatever it takes.

It would be much better if they called up someone better.....

Bill's fans always love their recently departed backups.....

A real schmuck move if it is indeed a joke.  #madeyalook.  Sure looks like he’s throwing a month long temper tantrum after being asked to take the pay cut,  fired his agent.  Retires.  Is placed on retired list.  Takes this jab #madeyalook.

sigh