Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

26 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

When my liver and kidneys started to fail, I didn’t quit my job, I just quit drinking. Dumbass. ?

Could it be PED’s that make him even capable of playing at that level? That was my first thought, but I admit to my ignorance here. Remember all the Steelers old linemen.....who are now dead? I know things have come a long way in a few decades of cheating, but I’m not sure what to think. Bottom line is I wish him well and hope he lives a long and healthy life. As I do all (or at least most) of you! 

OK, I kid, I kid.  :)

Thank you and be well, Richie. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Could it be PED’s that make him even capable of playing at that level? That was my first thought, but I admit to my ignorance here. Remember all the Steelers old linemen.....who are now dead? I know things have come a long way in a few decades of cheating, but I’m not sure what to think. Bottom line is I wish him well and hope he lives a long and healthy life. As I do all (or at least most) of you! 

OK, I kid, I kid.  :)

Thank you and be well, Richie. 

Barring major trauma, sepsis or massive heart attack, you don't just wake up one day and realize "my liver and kidneys are failing".

He's nuts.  He just "FIRED" himself on Twitter.  Accept it.

3 hours ago, turftoe said:

Bologna! A guy renegotiates his contract and gets a $1M check and a couple weeks later he retires. It's totally in bad faith and the Bills have every right to get it back. I think the Bills look worse if they do nothing.

I was agreeing. Ritchie walks with it and some other player can’t get that money in a contract.

31 other teams would pursue it and any guy trying to get paid should be upset if Ritchie walks out the door with that money was my point 

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He LOVES playing football but liver and kidneys are shutting down due to stress; it appears the contract and whatever his agent advised was causing the stress not playing football.  Think if the give him a no contact camp, only use him in one or two preseason games and resolve the contract thing even if it means extending contract a year or two to spread out money this would resolve issues as long as issue is not forced medical retirement of his friend.

As a doc, "liver and kidneys shutting down over stress" makes no sense. Odd off season for Richie. 

Edited by PirateHookerMD

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lesean-mccoy-offers-incognito-a-crazy-amount-of-money-to-keep-him-from-retiring/

LeSean McCoy offers Incognito a crazy amount of money to keep him from retiring

Shortly after Richie Incognito announced that he was going to retire on Tuesday, McCoy took to Instagram to try and bribe his former teammate out of retirement, and by bribe, I mean he offered him $300,000. However, the offer did come with one catch: McCoy has to rush for at least 1,500 yards next season before Incognito can collect.

Maybe McCoy needs to start a ufundme collection

"Wait wait NOO!! [Eric] Wood and you ... listen 1500 yards I'll give u 300k CASH .. my favorite WHITE BOY EVER CANT retire lol... love u dog," McCoy wrote.

I wonder if this is legal with NFL contract rules and wonder if Cam Newton was going to retire if RB Christian McCaffrey could post same kind of thing with race included in instagram would he get backlash?

I feel like he's having a temper tantrum. He just wants someone to want him. If a team came offering a multi year deal he would un-retire so fast. Maybe we can find a team interested and get some trade compensation for him

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

I feel like he's having a temper tantrum. He just wants someone to want him. If a team came offering a multi year deal he would un-retire so fast. Maybe we can find a team interested and get some trade compensation for him

He's a few steps away from the Bills' Reserve/Retired List.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Well the front office has proven last year they will not just let players unretire to play for someone else.

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/05/03/sports/elway-traded-to-broncos-by-colts.html

Chris Hinton made 6 pro bowls for the Colts at LT. The 1984 first rounder they received from Denver - Ron Solt - made the pro bowl for the Colts as an offensive guard. They traded him to Philly in late 1988 because of a contract dispute and got Philly's first rounder in '89 and a 4th rounder in '90. With that 1989 first rounder, they took Andre Rison. They traded Rison a year later as part of a package deal with Atlanta to get the number one overall pick, Jeff George.

From 1983 to 1998, the Colts never won 10 games.

Denver, despite giving up two first round picks that turned out to be pro bowl offensive linemen, had a good run with Elway. Franchise qbs are 15-year investments. Worrying about the line situation for this year or the next is a waste of time. Whoever they take will likely be sitting for much or all of his rookie season anyway.

This guy gets it.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

This guy gets it.

While the point about a rookie QB mostly sitting (if the team chooses) and making the OL moot is a good one, how can we be sure they'd be trading up for Elway and not Jeff George?

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

You know what? This is kind of ridiculous. Most first-round quarterbacks know they are going to less-than-stellar locations because, y'know, the crappiest teams typically are up top..

But if you are even remotely confident of your ability to as a quarterback in the NFL, and you know you're likely going to a crappy team, why would you NOT want to be where the city and fans are every bit as rabid as the university you're leaving? 

If you can be a successful quarterback in places like Buffalo or Green Bay, the impact you can make for those towns and fans is immeasurable.

LA, because people want long careers with great high paying contracts after their rookie deals expire.  They know they will go to losing teams, but it sucks if you go to a team and your head gets caved in like a Florida sink hole because (john doe) at left whatever is still "figuring things out" and the receiver you just hit between the numbers is suffering from the whoopsy-daisys.

i love this city (born, raised, and still living here) and I love this team (long enough to be in attendance when OJ was running for TDs at Rich, pre-murders), but nobody looks forward to that at the start of their career, and nobody...nobody hopes for it.

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep I know Peters was good, but my point was that he took him to the next level.

Not sure. It is weird. He doesn't seem to fit the type of lineman Castillo typically worked with. Miller is small, slow, and unathletic, which kind of makes him pretty average at best. But he is a great fit for a power type scheme like the one Roman ran. He is very strong. 

He could technically play the left side as he has a ton of experience both left and right from his time at Louisville.  To me he really is just an overdrafted Whaley special. 

I think he was living up to his draft status his first 2 yrs. Especially in 2016 he was really good . Maybe Castillo doesn't like him much but now that were going bk to power he can slide right bk in at RG