Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

So it was about the pay cut? Shocking

I don’t see this getting prettier. Richie is furious over the pay cut and Beane will play hardball as he did with Boldin. Be ready for shots in the media.

Beane has no choice.  Behind closed doors, he could give ground to Richie and still save face.  Richie blew this up himself.

How big of a paycut was it?  I thought it was mostly restructuring with more money up front?

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lesean-mccoy-offers-incognito-a-crazy-amount-of-money-to-keep-him-from-retiring/

LeSean McCoy offers Incognito a crazy amount of money to keep him from retiring

Maybe McCoy needs to start a ufundme collection

I wonder if this is legal with NFL contract rules and wonder if Cam Newton was going to retire if RB Christian McCaffrey could post same kind of thing with race included in instagram would he get backlash?

The NFL can't stop someone from gifting money.  McCoy would be responsible for the 40% gift tax to the IRS (another $120K).

He would never give anyone this money.  Plus he has only 1 season over 1500 yards and he's going in the opposite direction from that.

He's just tweeting...

37 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I don't care that he was good for us. It was hard to root for that guy. 

I can't condemn a guy for past transgressions. He made some mistakes, seems to have learned from it and moved on. Handled himself with nothing but class as a Buffalo Bill (in his 2nd tenure).

Now that he's retired, I'm hoping to snag the guy for my tailgate crew. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe Ritchie has inside information that Bills will be trading all of their 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks plus next year's 1st and is getting out early.

I can tell you with 99% certainty that Richie does not know the draft plans that Beane and co. have.

18 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Beane has no choice.  Behind closed doors, he could give ground to Richie and still save face.  Richie blew this up himself.

How big of a paycut was it?  I thought it was mostly restructuring with more money up front?

Incognito took a $1.675 million pay cut last month to remain with the Bills for the final season of a three-year contract he signed in 2016. He will now earn $4.75 million in 2018.

So Beane negotiates a pay cut with Richie so they have more cap room,  Richie accepts, then he retires possibly because of the pay cut, yet somehow it's Beane's fault? :wacko:

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

I don't know.  That's what he says.  But according to some posters logic, this is the thinking.

It doesn’t even make sense considering that he’s losing money by retiring. He could have simply refused the pay cut, and if they released him he would be a FA and could sign  elsewhere, assuming he has a market. If he doesn’t have a market, his agent would know that and tell him to take the pay cut. The fact the racial slur case is still under review with the league could have an impact on his market as well.

Edited by YoloinOhio