Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If there is One position Street UFAs can work and hold the fort for a Year it is OL. 

And especially OG

I understand the reasoning, but I also think this approach has led to years of poor offensive showings. I'd like an influx of OL prospects from the draft, after we get our QB. 

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I understand the reasoning, but I also think this approach has led to years of poor offensive showings. I'd like an influx of OL prospects from the draft, after we get our QB. 

Yeah can do that too. If we move up (and dont use 2019 1st) the picks we will likely have left this year are prime OL rounds 3-6

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I guess if his kidneys and liver are shutting down he needs to retire but stress is not causing that, something else is going on.

Watched him first-hand power down over a dozen stiff cocktails during a two-hour dinner, on several different occasions.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Liver and kidney problems? How would football effect those organs? Too much juice there Richie, and the docs are telling you to lay off it? 

He blamed a high carb/high protein diet

i thinks it probably a lot of pain meds, recreational drugs, and alcohol plus possibly steroids. The drugs and alcohol are documented. He also is on meds for the mental illness he went to rehab for. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

I hope the bills sue him for the $1 M. He probably waited to make sure the money was in his account before he retired.  The whole thing stinks. There will not be a retirement press conference for this jerk.

That would be a very,very bad idea. The players around the league would find out about this...if you think it's tough to get fa's in here now..it would get worse.And do you think the Pegulas give to boots about 1 million dollars?

5 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Liver and kidney problems? How would football effect those organs? Too much juice there Richie, and the docs are telling you to lay off it? 

...restore his pay cut and see if that heals everything...................

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That would be a very,very bad idea. The players around the league would find out about this...if you think it's tough to get fa's in here now..it would get worse.And do you think the Pegulas give to boots about 1 million dollars?

It comes off the cap if they can recoup the SB. I don’t think it has any impact on FA. Unless a player plans to retire right  after he gets here and keep the Sb.

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Idandria said:

If I told you how many mg's of ibuprofen I take a day,you would probably think I was crazy.Arthritis is a b itch.

59 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

His position isn't hard to replace.

Five years, $66.5M

Five years, $45.0M

Four years, $42.0M

Five years, $48M

That last guy? His team thought he was a bust, apparently. And none of these guys, none of them, had the pedigree of Richie Incognito.

Sure. It's easy to replace a Pro Bowl Guard. You can ask the Giants. It isn't easy, and it certainly isn't cheap. If you want to replace your Pro Bowl or nearly Pro Bowl level interior lineman (Wood) with players that have been ranked as severely below replacement level (Bodine) and who's fans celebrate their leaving?

Not a problem at all. Unfortunately, I value offensive lineman and think that jacksh!t doesn't happen til they block.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i thinks it probably a lot of pain meds, recreational drugs, and alcohol plus possibly steroids. The drugs and alcohol are documented. He also is on meds for the mental illness he went to rehab for. 

It's not natural for most people to weigh 300lbs. That's a lot to consume however you break down the macros... and for 12-years... He'll probably drop 50lbs in the next 3-6months without even trying.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

You don't sue over 1 million bucks..and you really don't think players around the league wouldn't find out? 

They don’t need to sue. They are entitled to it. Just as any team would be. The players can take it up with the CBA in the next negotiations. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

more than likely all the meds, all that stuff is poison and the body can only process so many toxins, which are also in our food and environment. Digestive problems can over tax the bodies filtering organs as well, this happened to me and had to take high quality probiotics and vitimins/minerals to correct the problem along with multiple liver and kidney cleanses.

• Thank you (+1) 1