SIX Picks within the FIRST 96 in the draft - Loving Life!

Punt75

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If they dont get to Two or 4 i am getting a sinking feeling they will be shut out of the top 4

I feel at this point with how we are not getting our way with getting into the top 5. I would settle for Josh Allen by some miracle falling to us at this point, sad, but true. 

And there is two QBs. Then if CLE does take Allen at one you are gonna see QBs go 1,2,3 

It's not a guarantee that the Giants are taking a QB at all. The draft never goes the way we think it will.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It's not a guarantee that the Giants are taking a QB at all. The draft never goes the way we think it will.

If Darnold is there they will take him. Many many reports his is top on their board and the ONLY QB they would take. 

Need CLE to take Darnold to open up No 2 

If Darnold is there they will take him. Many many reports his is top on their board and the ONLY QB they would take. 

Need CLE to take Darnold to open up No 2 

That could be and could not be. I'm sure they'd love to have a trade partner.

Watch Darnold be there and they take Barkley instead. It would not be surprising, considering how the draft plays out every year.

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

What pattern? Wanting an accurate pocket passer like the rest of the league?

McCarron hasn't proven to be this.

It would be bad judgment at the QB position. First peterman, then trying to build around McCarron. No thanks. I dont think they are doing that anyways.

You're defending a decision they haven't even made. You're ridicolous in being a homer. So if they draft a QB are you opposed to that then?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I firmly believe the top 4 QBs will be gone by pick 6 

That's the way I see it too.

As I recall, last year Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes weren't as highly regarded as this class. Wasn't there shock when the Bears moved up to 2 for Trubisky? 

I'm holding out hope that we can swing a deal with the Giants, but it takes two to tango and we may not have a dance partner. The Jets trade up aggravates me to no end.

9 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Probably because they've been trying to bolster the roster year in and year out. Which will basically mean settling for whatever QB is there at 12 will amount to continuous mediocrity at best. I want consistent playoff appearances, and that starts with upgrading the QB position. Can't rely on this team winning or that team losing every year

That's not true at all.

Getting a QB means nothing.

More top 5 QB DO NOT make consistent playoff appearances, than top 5 QB that do.

Actually alot of the guys who consistently make the playoffs were way outside the top 5.

Brady , Wilson , Rodgers , Big Ben , to name a few. It's a crap shoot.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Based on what?

You've got the Browns, according to King, taking Josh Allen. One other surefire QB needy team in NYJ between us and the next QB after the Jests. Not my call, but sure all it would take is the Jests passing on Baker. 

I'm feeling pretty good the "QB Whisperer" Shumer wants to develop his backup like he's done before. Not that hard to see Mayfield or Rosen falling to Buffalo if Allen goes #1 overall. 

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That's not true at all.

Getting a QB means nothing.

More top 5 QB DO NOT make consistent playoff appearances, than top 5 QB that do.

Actually alot of the guys who consistently make the playoffs were way outside the top 5.

Brady , Wilson , Rodgers , Big Ben , to name a few. It's a crap shoot.

Getting a QB means nothing? That's where it all starts. If it means nothing, then how

come the Bills had a 17 year playoff drought? Not to mention a trade up really helped the Eagles and completely turn the tide in LA. 

With the salary cap going up and the Bills being in great shape capwise next year, this year is probably the best time to gamble. Waiting for the next diamond in the rough hasn't worked for this franchise. 

Edited by buffalo2218

23 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If they are high on McCarron then a pattern is developing at the QB position and they'll be gone in 3 years. 

The scariest thought that dare not speak its name? The guys making the decision on when, where and how to get a QB in this draft are the same ones who thought it was a brilliant move to start Nate Peterman in the middle of a playoff run, on the road and against a fierce pass rush. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mickey said:

The scariest thought that dare not speak its name? The guys making the decision on when, where and how to get a QB in this draft are the same ones who thought it was a brilliant move to start Nate Peterman in the middle of a playoff run, on the road and against a fierce pass rush. 

That is exactly what I was alluding to

22 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

McCarron hasn't proven to be this.

It would be bad judgment at the QB position. First peterman, then trying to build around McCarron. No thanks. I dont think they are doing that anyways.

You're defending a decision they haven't even made. You're ridicolous in being a homer. So if they draft a QB are you opposed to that then?

No, but he plays like a pocket passer. So does Peterman. I am all for a trade up, especially for Rosen or Mayfield, both of whom fit the mold.

I am being a realist. AJ is here on backup money. We are getting a QB in the draft for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Tyrod had just put up putrid numbers in back to back games. They had to try something new.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

I really don't give a damn what crazy Cleveland does - they'll screw it up anyway on the field!  The Giants, Jets & Colts - who cares as they are irrelevant?

I just believe our GM, Scouting Staff & HC will make intelligent decisions to FIX a team that's been a loser for 17 season's.   Last year was fun but we certainly didn't have a roster to make a play-off run.  I give credit to the HC and his staff for even keeping us competitive. 

Whatever this group does with the picks - - -it will FIX this team for years to come!

I will follow and fight with you to the ends of the earth and back!!! Let's go get em!!! AND TEAR THEIR HEADS OFF!!!!!!

Heck, let's go full on BraveHeart!!!

Edited by gobills1212

19 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

No, but he plays like a pocket passer. So does Peterman. I am all for a trade up, especially for Rosen or Mayfield, both of whom fit the mold.

I am being a realist. AJ is here on backup money. We are getting a QB in the draft for sure. 

Ok, then we pretty much agree. My post wasn't anti pocket passer. It was just that building around McCarron would be a poor decision.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

There's tons of talent up there and FO's will consider Mayfield too big a risk.

I say 3 in top 10. next 2 before 25. That concludes round 1.

But the Bills won't? Why other teams and not us?

2 hours ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

After last season's TNF game I would hesitate to call the Jets irrelevant when it comes to the Bills

which started a string of humiliating losses. we were the worst team in football at that time. The bills need a lot of fixing.