You can want to trade up all you want

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Fans think we don't have a shot at Darnold and most people don't like Allen. Queue the same repetitive BS about Rosen and Mayfield over and over and over again. 

Any time somebody mentions a prospect not named Rosen or Mayfield they get shut down, it's !@#$ing brutal.

You sound like one of the chumps who wanted to give JP and EJ more time, they cried a lot too. :D

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

.......but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

I'm so sick of people hyperfocusing on the top 4 QBs. No QB other than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield are worth a damn to a huge chunk of people on the board, any suggestion other than the top 4 is lunacy to some.

Truth is, there is a very real chance that Rudolph and Jackson are the top 2 QBs on the board when we pick at 12, !@#$ing deal with it.

I want a million dollars and a house on the beach, but guess what? It's never going to happen. People need to quit living in a fairy tale land, this is the real world, be an adult and grow up, you don't always get what you want in life...

Quit blasting realists when they show interest in a QB not named Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield, I am so tired of it.

Why can’t you have a million dollars and a house on the beach?

You live America I’m assuming. Anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Why can’t you have a million dollars and a house on the beach?

You live America I’m assuming. Anything is possible.

I mean, he doesn’t even want his football team to take a chance in the draft, do you really think he’s taken any shots in life? 

If there’s one thing I can tell about op it’s that he’s right, he’ll never have the million or the beach house. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

At the end of the day we’re just fans. We have absolutely no say in anything that happens within the organization. But it’s fun and entertaining to talk about it. Which is what message boards are all about

oh, message boards aren't about getting lectured to by people who don't agree with our opinions?

reminds me of any  conversation i have with anyone far left...

you don't agree with me! im wagging my finger while sternly lecturing you!

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, he doesn’t even want his football team to take a chance in life, you think he really has? 

If there’s one thing I can tell about op it’s that he’s right, he’ll never have the million or the beach house. 

Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's just the same repetitive BS from the same hillbilly inbreds. Rosen or Mayfield, Rosen or Mayfield... I'm tired of it. We can't even discuss other prospects in the draft.

God forbid we talk about other prospects in the draft. :rolleyes:

A bit extreme sir?  And on Easter Sunday no less...tsk, tsk. 

I'll be the first to admit those are the two QBs I covet the most, as what seems to be a great many else on here.  Could it be because they appear to be the two best?  

But while those are the two I want the most I certainly don't knock anyone who feels otherwise.  And as hard as it has been, it's the viewpoints of my fellow members who have gotten me to accept that not trading up and keeping all of our picks isn't a bad alternative.  

I've been called plenty of things in my lifetime, but hillbilly inbred isn't one of them.  That's a first.  Now you take it back, or meet me after school, behind the gym. 3 o'clock sharp.  You have 15 minutes to decide....

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, he doesn’t even want his football team to take a chance in the draft, do you really think he’s taken any shots in life? 

Triggered? Are you a Rosen/Mayfield bedwetter? 

I'm not saying we shouldn't take a chance under the right circumstances but we should at least discuss other scenarios.

The past 2 months has been trade up, trade up. Same BS over and over, same unimaganative talk. You can't even discuss any other options other than a trade up.

I see that you have the same mindset of a 7-8 year old adolescent fanboy.

Edited by NewDayBills

The reality is that we may not be able to trade into the top five.  If three QBs are selected with the first three picks, Cleveland may want to pair Barkley with their new QB and Denver may take a QB with the fifth pick.  The draft will be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm so sick of people hyperfocusing on the top 4 QBs. No QB other than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield are worth a damn to a huge chunk of people on the board, any suggestion other than the top 4 is lunacy to some.

Truth is, there is a very real chance that Rudolph and Jackson are the top 2 QBs on the board when we pick at 12, !@#$ing deal with it.

I want a million dollars and a house on the beach, but guess what? It's never going to happen. People need to quit living in a fairy tale land, this is the real world, be an adult and grow up, you don't always get what you want in life...

Quit blasting realists when they show interest in a QB not named Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield, I am so tired of it.

I can kind of appreciate this, Mike White Brandon Silvers have actually been fun to try to read up on. I dont want to mortgage the draft... unless there was a world we could trade up and still preserve this years draft... meaning if someone were interested in 12 and next years 1 and 2, i am with it. We have so much money next year FA could offset the missing picks. Maybe this is a dumb thought but I could swallow Rosen/McCarron and most of the rest of our picks this year. Lets get it.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's just the same repetitive BS from the same hillbilly inbreds. Rosen or Mayfield, Rosen or Mayfield... I'm tired of it. We can't even discuss other prospects in the draft.

God forbid we talk about other prospects in the draft. :rolleyes:

No Rosen , ONLY  Mayfield !!!  

17 minutes ago, Albwan said:

oh, message boards aren't about getting lectured to by people who don't agree with our opinions?

reminds me of any  conversation i have with anyone far left...

you don't agree with me! im wagging my finger while sternly lecturing you!

I mean some people have some crazy, off the wall opinions on stuff. But it’s when people mistake their opinion as absolute fact, then I have to wag my finger at them...

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Luckily, though...here comes NewDayBills, to improve the quality of the dialogue on this subject by calling all of those with whom he disagrees 'hillbilly inbreds' and adding an eye-rolling emoji for good measure.

There are quite  few cut downs and put downs coming from the trade up to the top 4 picks for one of the top 4 QB's crowd.  If you don't want to talk about Roquan Smith then you don't have to click on a thread about him or some other prospect to tell people "how stupid they are" or "Enjoy the next 17 year block of no playoffs."  Further, these same people come off as their opinion is taken as gospel over at OBD.  People that question other posters' "manhood" as far as not being afraid to take a chance often have doubts about their own manhood.  I can relate to the OP as some days it is pointless to come on here to express an idea.  I come on here in part to take a break from more stressful goings on in life and find no such relaxation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm kinda happy with what the Bills are doing. I'm just trusting that Beane is good at his job. I have my dream scenarios in my head but I am realistic. I just hope Beane has a good draft and knocks it out of the park. 

I've been very happy with everything that is going on but I also think the offense was a weakness and an area of concern. I can't walk away without putting an emphasis on that. 

I really hope at least that is an area of focus right now.

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

Luckily, though...here comes NewDayBills, to improve the quality of the dialogue on this subject by calling all of those with whom he disagrees 'hillbilly inbreds' and adding an eye-rolling emoji for good measure.

Are hillbilly in-breds anything like "basket of deplorables?"

59 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Not with that attitude it's not.

Maybe try and take on a 2nd job. Invest that money in a nice steady stock and watch it grow. If you work hard I'm sure your dream can come true.  I would recommend talking to a financial advisor and seeing what options may be best for you.

• Like (+1) 1