You can want to trade up all you want

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

The thing is the real experts i.e. scouts and coaches, get paid 7 figures to evaluate players. They know a lot more than you, me or any other message board warrior. No matter how many posts they have. It's certainly not an exact science but when they zero in on players you can probably hazard a guess as to who teams like.

There may be an element of throwing shade but in general you don't meet with a player 4 times of you are not interested in him.

IMO they make a move for Mayfield, do I know what I'm talking about? F#@* no. But I'm not about to start an obnoxious post beating a message board because they have a different opinion than I do.

I agree with the bottom portion of your post. But that top part... man... smh. Just because your not working for an NFL team & getting paid 7 figures doesn't mean you don't know what your talking about. Some GM's & scouts don't know what they're doing. I'm quite sure if you were our GM in 2010, you wouldn't have drafted Spiller with Fred & Lynch on the roster. 

Point is, when your right, your right! I've been right on NFL drafts more then Mel Kiper! Just because I choose to donate my time for fun, & I'm not getting 7 figures,  doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Now, I've been wrong... but I've been more right then wrong ? 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

The thing is the real experts i.e. scouts and coaches, get paid 7 figures to evaluate players. They know a lot more than you, me or any other message board warrior. No matter how many posts they have. It's certainly not an exact science but when they zero in on players you can probably hazard a guess as to who teams like.

There may be an element of throwing shade but in general you don't meet with a player 4 times of you are not interested in him.

IMO they make a move for Mayfield, do I know what I'm talking about? F#@* no. But I'm not about to start an obnoxious post beating a message board because they have a different opinion than I do.

The flaw here is the assumption that only the Bills want Mayfield or that somehow the four teams owning the top  five picks don't need QB.  They all need one.  Pick 4 is our only shot and it would mean Cleveland consciously deciding to pick up a HOF potential talent at positions that could help them immensely.

14 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

.......but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

I'm so sick of people hyperfocusing on the top 4 QBs. No QB other than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield are worth a damn to a huge chunk of people on the board, any suggestion other than the top 4 is lunacy to some.

Truth is, there is a very real chance that Rudolph and Jackson are the top 2 QBs on the board when we pick at 12, !@#$ing deal with it.

I want a million dollars and a house on the beach, but guess what? It's never going to happen. People need to quit living in a fairy tale land, this is the real world, be an adult and grow up, you don't always get what you want in life...

Quit blasting realists when they show interest in a QB not named Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield, I am so tired of it.

25 days to go. As long as we get 1 of the 6 guys I am happy. And then hopefully most of the fan base will be ready to defend whatever guy it is, instead of criticizing who they get.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

That was me after placing my bet on Kansas the other night.

I haven't even kept up since I thought my bracket busted early on.

However, I did have both Kansas and Villanova in the Final 4.  I had Villanova advancing and winning it.  I wonder if I still have a chance?

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

What do you guys think of Mayfield?

I dont watch much college football so I honestly couldn't give a sure fire take. But could you imagine Baker leading a drive with the Ralph rocking behind him? he doesn't just love to win, he HATES to lose.  I don't think hes the best qb, but I think hes the best fit here.

16 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm so sick of people hyperfocusing on the top 4 QBs. No QB other than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield are worth a damn to a huge chunk of people on the board, any suggestion other than the top 4 is lunacy to some.

Truth is, there is a very real chance that Rudolph and Jackson are the top 2 QBs on the board when we pick at 12, !@#$ing deal with it.

I want a million dollars and a house on the beach, but guess what? It's never going to happen. People need to quit living in a fairy tale land, this is the real world, be an adult and grow up, you don't always get what you want in life...

Quit blasting realists when they show interest in a QB not named Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield, I am so tired of it.

if you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I've deleted so many of my own rants because in the end who cares what anyone else thinks.... I don't. I form my own opinions and keep my debating with those who disagree to pretty much Zero.

if I don't agree with you I'll give you a quick opinion at most then walk away. No reason wasting my time trying to convince others to see things my way. You shouldn't and I don't care if you do.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Of course they will be. Want to know why they are late first or second round grades. 

So yes when someone suggests taking them in the top 15 they will get laughed at