Baker Mayfield

he's too short to play in the NFL.   he's just too short.   after watching Taylor struggle with batted balls all year and trying to find openings to throw the ball through, my QB needs to be tall and stand tall and throw tall... you can't coach size.   B M doesn't have it for today's NFL.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, 8-8 Forever? said:

he's too short to play in the NFL.   he's just too short.   after watching Taylor struggle with batted balls all year and trying to find openings to throw the ball through, my QB needs to be tall and stand tall and throw tall... you can't coach size.   B M doesn't have it for today's NFL.  

I wonder how many times Drew Brees and Russell Wilson heard that growing up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t think the PI is over the top. He has had trouble with the law in the past and if he fails it could lead to a lot of people losing their jobs. Affects players, coaches & their families. I think the same thing happened with Jameis if I recall. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think the PI is over the top. He has had trouble with the law in the past and if he fails it could lead to a lot of people losing their jobs. Affects players, coaches & their families. I think the same thing happened with Jameis if I recall. 

...understand your assessment.....but I just wonder if the media comparatives to Manziel triggered it....

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The kid went out and got drunk,he was walking not driving no big deal to me.

I like the fight in him and the chip on his shoulder,twice a walk on and twice the coach picks him over his own guy.

He has a swagger and I like that too.

I really hope he is the guy Beane is after because I think Rosen is overrated.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

All we need is a couple of guys named Butcher and Candlesstick Maker and we’re all set.

Thats our new ILBs  nickname..... Butcher and didn't Crabtree play at Candlestick? just connecting the dots ;)

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

The height argument against Mayfield is just a lazy assessment. The guy produces, is uncanningly accurate, and has a fiery will to win. I'd take that guy in a heartbeat. And Baker Mayfield is a great football name.

I wouldn’t call it “lazy”. There’s two quarterbacks who have been successful that are at his height. Brees and Wilson. And Wilson’s athletic ability sets him apart from almost every other quarterback in the league right now. Almost every guy that height has issues becoming successful in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...saw an article where some NFL club hired a private investigator to trail the kid....must be the Manziel Paranoia....a bit over the top?...

I bet there were five other P.I.s hired by teams not stupid enough to hire one and then talk about it.

Pretty common practice from what I've read.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

My biggest fear with Mayfield is he could just be a perfect fit for the air raid offense. Look up Graham Harrell. This offense can produce unreal #s.

What made Wilson special was he went from a spread option offense at NC State to a pro offense at Wisconsin flawlessly.

Edited by TheTruthHurts