Mel Kiper's Nightmare Mock 3.0

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I'd love to have Edmunds but I don't foresee Alexander being a 1st round pick, nor do I envision him being a guy that Buffalo would target.

Tremaine Edmunds and Jaire Alexander

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

26Corner just posted it - Tremaine Edmunds at 12 and Jaire Alexander at 22.

Ah, thanks guys.

If after this past year, this is our take on Day 1, it will be an extreme disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1

I think an underrated angle for the Bills that people don't seem to mention much is the idea that they'll move up from #22 rather than from #12. If for example, 4 QBs go in the top 5, Buffalo can take their star LB at #12 and then make a much smaller and cheaper move up from #22 to get Lamar if they so desire. All of the trade chips that Buffalo has accumulated doesn't necessarily need to be in order to move up from #12.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Especially with the OBj drama going on.  If they trade him, they may as well go full blown rebuild.  If they stay at 2 and don’t draft, it’ll be a huge mistake imo.  

If they trade OBJ, we have to assume itll be for a 1st. If that's the case, they don't need to trade out of #2, and we're screwed.

They get their 2 early picks and can afford to stock up at QB.

9 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Oh well.  Is what it is if that happens.  

I have to agree... No matter what happens its just a form of entertainment. Not going to be mad, not going to shout or demand someone be fired.. In fact all i would do if this goes down like that and we start seeing whine thread after whine thread is to launch post grenades form a distance and watch these posters implode for my own entertainment.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they trade OBJ, we have to assume itll be for a 1st. If that's the case, they don't need to trade out of #2, and we're screwed.

They get their 2 early picks and can afford to stock up at QB.

It's a double edged sword.  If they hold on to Beckham they are likely going to want to pay a cheap QB very soon instead of having an expensive QB and expensive WR.

Bottom line, if the Giants evaluate a QB as being worth taking #2 overall, they are going to take him, regardless of their other moves.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

It's a double edged sword.  If they hold on to Beckham they are likely going to want to pay a cheap QB very soon instead of having an expensive QB and expensive WR.

Bottom line, if the Giants evaluate a QB as being worth taking #2 overall, they are going to take him, regardless of their other moves.

Yeah, Eli only has 2 years left on his contract so I think they can both count on him being there for 2 years, and also count on him being there no more than 2 years.

It is a nightmare. Unfortunately when the Jets traded up to 3 the writing was on the wall. 

I think there’s still a chance we could get up there and get Mayfield but the Jets trade hurt very badly. Moreso than many want to admit, especially at obd. 

15 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I don't buy that Giants want a QB that badly. I think if that happened we make them an offer they can't refuse for Darnold

Well...Some reports are they don't want a QB that badly...UNLESS it's Darnold...

And that's why this is the nightmare scenario for the Bills...B-)