Matt Miller's latest Mock makes sense

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

This is why I think it’s total bull **** when people call mel kipper and Todd mcshay “hacks”. I agree it’s a very dedicated job and it’s actually impossible to be accurate. There’s just way too many different scenarios, teams have multiple needs, and just a difference of opinion throughout the league on players. I do give a lot of credit to the people who take the time to do these, but it’s really just pointless 

It's mostly for fun- sure. Teams do their own mocks, just like the media. Just playing out the different scenarios to get some kind of idea what could happen.

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

This is why I think it’s total bull **** when people call mel kipper and Todd mcshay “hacks”. I agree it’s a very dedicated job and it’s actually impossible to be accurate. There’s just way too many different scenarios, teams have multiple needs, and just a difference of opinion throughout the league on players. I do give a lot of credit to the people who take the time to do these, but it’s really just pointless 

All about those clicks. I spent 2 evenings studying film, making notes, making GIFs, wrote about 1500 words on a player matchup during the 2016 season. Might've got a couple hundred views.

Spent half an hour on a basic mock draft - thousands of them. Coverage is idiotic because we demand it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

All about those clicks. I spent 2 evenings studying film, making notes, making GIFs, wrote about 1500 words on a player matchup during the 2016 season. Might've got a couple hundred views.

Spent half an hour on a basic mock draft - thousands of them. Coverage is idiotic because we demand it.

Thanks for all you do 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Interesting.    It would be very Bills-ey if they somehow got in position to draft Rosen and his career was subsequently cut short by injuries... 

Or if they draft a cornerback instead...

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That's only an 150 point overpayment, but I still don't like giving up both 1st's to jump to 6. 

I focus more on who it is given up for.  Giving both for Rosen?  All day.  Both for a LB?  That would be troublesome.

8 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I like the Billswire content but I click off as soon as I get to the bottom of slide one.  The content is great but as a personal rule I don't do slide shows.  Your stuff is generally very good though!

20 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Rosen does not fit "THE PROCESS". Beane and McDerrott would never draft, especially trade picks for a player who will not fit into the culture. Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Mason Rudolph are McBeane players.

Bingo we have a winner. Mcbean will not even touch Rosen even if he was there in the 2nd round. The guy is a Bust waiting to happen. Ryan Leaf 2.0 

Honestly, one of the best scenarios we can hope for although the disgust of having to deal with the Colts again sucks.  If it played out like this I wouldn't have any problem with it.  I also agree, as stated this morning in another thread, I don't see the Browns passing up Barkley if he's there.  You don't pass up perhaps the best offensive playmaker in the draft just because he plays the HB position.

43 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Rosen does not fit "THE PROCESS". Beane and McDerrott would never draft, especially trade picks for a player who will not fit into the culture. Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Mason Rudolph are McBeane players.

yes, but not one of these is a day one starter, which McBeane is clearly shooting for

Edited by lookylookyherecomescookie
mistype

Best case senerio imo

If they really like Rosen, they get their guy AND don't have to get to 2. I would guess he is why most people want 2. I feel like the only thing worse than not getting 2 is going up there and taking Allen. That wld make for a fun time around here!!

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the Colts didnt trade us 3 because they didnt want to be outside the top ten, but they trade us 6?

Also to get to six we shouldnt be giving up two 1sts.  12, 53 and a 4th.

I think they wanna see if Chubb falls. If Chubb is gone, it makes sense for them to trade back. Miller had it 12, 22, and 96 I believe. Something like that. 

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Sorry, I'm a no go on this.  6th pick is rated at 1600 points on Draft Tek chard, 12 is at 1200, 22 is at 780.

Why would we sacrifice 380 draft points which is equitable to a mid-range 2nd round pick to select concussion prone, slight of build Josh Rosen, who lacks pocket presence and is Rob Johnson 2.0 waiting to happen.

Lets simply give away our future starting MLB to draft this guy.  You must be kidding me.

If you really want him, stay at 12 and with your future bust you can at least build the rest of your roster and hope AJ works out.

You’re not even including #96, which Miller also includes in the trade to get to #6. This is a no-go for me personally. I don’t really want to trade for Rosen anyways, but even beyond that, this trade is a little rich for my blood personally.