Matt Miller's latest Mock makes sense

1 minute ago, westside said:

He predicts Rosen to be a Matt Ryan type Qb? Ughhhhh......?

I want a Rodgers or Favre or Brady type Qb. Not a Ryan with an attitude.

Say no to west coast Qb's!

Say what now? Matt Ryan was a Shanahan brain fart away from winning a Super Bowl a year ago.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

That's only an 150 point overpayment, but I still don't like giving up both 1st's to jump to 6. 

Think of it as not giving up two first round picks. In reality, you are exchanging one first rounder for a higher pick and giving up your lower first round pick. The Bills traded down in the first round with KC last year in order to get a first round pick the next year with the intention of using it to maneuver for a high end qb prospect in this year's draft. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the Colts didnt trade us 3 because they didnt want to be outside the top ten, but they trade us 6?

Also to get to six we shouldnt be giving up two 1sts.  12, 53 and a 4th.

Yeah, but they get three seconds from the Jets and stay at six giving them even more capital if they wanted to move down again.

The two trades would have to be comparmentalized because the foundation for their move with the Jets could have vastly different circumstances.

Getting to 6th and acquiring what they did was massive. 

1 hour ago, Zac said:

Rosen behind this o line is scary

That's going to be the determining factor as to whether Rosen has a successful NFL career. If you don't protect him he will break. He was injured 3 seperate times here at UCLA. If you can protect him like the Patriots have Brady, you have your franchise QB!

Rosen is by far the only QB in this draft ready to start day 1 and succeed in the NFL. Darnold will be solid after riding the pine awhile. Perhaps Mayfield too. Otherwise, its anybody's guess as to the rest. Been saying it. Still believe it. I would trade the farm for Rosen, and the gardens for Darnold. That's it tho. Otherwise, let the chips fall where they may. 

The ONLY issue I have with Rosen is, I can see him with another concussion, and retire prematurely to his value....

26 minutes ago, westside said:

He predicts Rosen to be a Matt Ryan type Qb? Ughhhhh......?

I want a Rodgers or Favre or Brady type Qb. Not a Ryan with an attitude.

Say no to west coast Qb's!

Meaning what? Ryan with an attitude IS Rodgers or Favre or Brady!

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If all we gave up were our 1st round picks i would def love this trade....Josh Rosen is probably the best QB in this draft......

We better get our OL set up to protect him

If Josh Rosen were the best QB in the draft, he'd be gone by pick 6.

How can you draft OL to protect him if you give up your draft capital? Do we have a line in place that can protect him. We lost Wood. We're hoping Dawkins will develop. It'll probably be the same. Bills have done nothing to address the WR position either. If Rosen is supposed to get rid of the ball quickly, he needs a WR that can get open quickly. Bills can't afford to give up that much draft capital, when frankly the difference between Rudolph and Rosen is not that much. We have too many holes, and too much dead cap to go after any WR FAs. Especially when McDermott only addresses Defensive holes via FA.

Back to the QB situation, this may wind up being one of the most overhyped QB draft classes ever. They've been pumping it up for two years now.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Rosen is by far the only QB in this draft ready to start day 1 and succeed in the NFL. Darnold will be solid after riding the pine awhile. Perhaps Mayfield too. Otherwise, its anybody's guess as to the rest. Been saying it. Still believe it. I would trade the farm for Rosen, and the gardens for Darnold. That's it tho. Otherwise, let the chips fall where they may. 

The ONLY issue I have with Rosen is, I can see him with another concussion, and retire prematurely to his value....

While I agree he's ready to start, you need the best insurance that the draft and money can buy in an offensive line.  Don't want him to get sidelined quickly.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

So me being called an idiot, for saying 4 gone by 10, is starting to look like I was right.

I wouldn’t say you’re an idiot. That’s not fair.

You’ll be wrong. But you’re not an idiot. At least not for suggesting what you suggested.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, horned dogs said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766224-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-predictions-with-1-month-remaining

4 QBs in the top 6 and Indy trades down again with us this time. Miller is good, he points out that Allen has been the Jets target since last year!

More serious media disrespect for Lamar Jackson. Shameful.