Matt Miller's latest Mock makes sense

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I really rate Matt as an evaluator and as someone capable of reading the league. He is better than a lot of the big network guys. 

I hope he is right. 

he has been off more often than right as far as i can remember.  rosen is not going to be a bill. he will be out of reach and i don't think he's a fit or wants to come here. don't see it.

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

A guy that I had to stop following because even I, the !@#$ing king of creepy, think he's plain weird.

On the mock side of things, this really is the Cinderella story.

Haha, in what ways is he creepy and weird? Just curious to hear your opinion. Like many other media guys and analysts, I've always found him to be a little arrogant and conceited. Seems like a lot of the sports media either does that or aims to say the most ridiculous thing they can think of not because they actually believe it but they know it'll grab attention. 

9 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Haha, in what ways is he creepy and weird? Just curious to hear your opinion. Like many other media guys and analysts, I've always found him to be a little arrogant and conceited. Seems like a lot of the sports media either does that or aims to say the most ridiculous thing they can think of not because they actually believe it but they know it'll grab attention. 

Oh, it's just the tweets about his little boy and the apparent obsession the little one has with Daddy's junk. It's happened a few times, people have called him out for being weird and he then deletes them. I don't dislike his work or anything, it's just that sometimes his social media presence is a little cringeworthy.

12 hours ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I think he is shooting for this given that he traded away the starting QB, did not actively pursue any FA QB's ( AJ fell into their lap as the last qb standing). I find it hard to believe that the plan is to start Nate, or start whichever FA qb they ended up with. These actions undertaken by Beane are facts. Pompous, self centered, are opinions. You could end up being right based on your opinions,  I'm merely drawing reasonable conclusions based on facts .

It is well known that Rosen is not a team player, nor does he fit in with the Process.

11 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

A few does not sound like the majority, it sounds like his few loyal followers. READ TWEET.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/978423009198223361

So Benjamin Albright's word is 100% gospel.  There is no way in he can be wrong?

JOSH ROSEN, UCLA

Kolton Miller, offensive tackle, on Rosen and rumors about his aloofness: "I disagree. Josh came in No. 1 high school guy, a little cocky, of course you hear off-campus stuff about him, but as the years went on he really matured, he's really well-rounded, he doesn't try to be more than what he has to be, a really good leader. I don't really have anything negative to say about him."

Miller on whether Rosen provided strong leadership: "Yeah, I would say so. He always did his work on the field and always off the field. He probably worked the hardest off the field. Really smart guy. Really well respected."

Miller on Rosen's coachability: "There's been some negative stigmas about him. Coming from a player, he's a great player, he does everything right, well rounded, nothing negative to say about him." 

Miller on the rumors of the team not rallying around Rosen: "No, I mean, our offense was a pretty tight clique. I don't believe that at all."

Scott Quessenberry, OL, on how Rosen handles adversity: "He performed great in situations where we needed him to perform great. When our backs were against the wall against Texas A&M, we looked to him to lead us and obviously he did that. I think he threw for over 470 yards, 4 touchdowns, all in the second half. When things go wrong and aren't looking the way you want them to look, Josh is a guy you want to have in the backfield commanding the offense and making all the throws and making all the reads."

Quessenberry on negative comments about Rosen: "I don't know where it comes from. It drives me insane. I have a really good relationship with Josh, and I think he'll tell you the same thing about me and we talk, and for him to get the rap that he gets, it's BS because of the type of guy that he is and the type of standup human being that he is and the type of pro that he's going to be. He's a great dude, I love hanging around him and being with him, and whoever gets him is extremely lucky. They're getting a once in a millennium talent in my opinion."

Quessenberry on getting along with Rosen: "I don't think he's hard to get along with. ... Is he opinionated? Yes. Everyone has their own opinions. Will he waver on his opinions? No. But I don't know when that's ever been a bad thing. Everyone gets along with him, he gets along with everybody but obviously no one in the world is going to see eye to eye on everything, so I don't know where that comes from. It drives me crazy, I can only imagine what it's like for him."

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

Everyone can chatter all day long about which of these QBs you want but I believe the premise of this Mock is correct. If the Bills can trade their ‘extra’ first rounder to move up and get Rosen, Allen, Mayfield or Darnold...I guarantee they’re going to do it! There’s no way they’re passing up the chance to a get a franchise guy. 

However, there’s no telling whether the projected Trade partner wants to dance.

15 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the Colts didnt trade us 3 because they didnt want to be outside the top ten, but they trade us 6?

Also to get to six we shouldnt be giving up two 1sts.  12, 53 and a 4th.

To get to 6 it will cost since it gets you Baker or Allen. Be at least 12, 22 and either next years 1st or 2nd minimum. To get to 2-4 it will cost you that plus a 2nd and 3rd. 2 would be 53 and 96 and 4th pick 56 and 65 probably or it isn't happening. They know your going for it to get a franchise guy they will be playing in the league at some time for 10-15 years. That will cost you! The teams know your picks too and because you have so many will be looking for your weakness to get that QB. This draft is being sold as being 1983 0r 2004 again. Generational QB draft with 2 consensus QB's for 1-2 in Darnold and Rosen, both potentially could start though I expect neither will where they land with Cleveland and the Jets. That is why the Bills will stand still and hope Baker falls or move up before Raiders to grab R Smith and Rudolph at 22. Teams have needs and no way they are going to let top DE, DT, CB, WR and 1 generational type RB slip by them. Denver may grab Nelson if not a QB in Allen or Baker. Miami is the only one we are unsure of to let one of the two fall. 

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

Oh, it's just the tweets about his little boy and the apparent obsession the little one has with Daddy's junk. It's happened a few times, people have called him out for being weird and he then deletes them. I don't dislike his work or anything, it's just that sometimes his social media presence is a little cringeworthy.

Yarp, I agree. Weird dude.

17 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have no problem with the Bills moving up to get Rosen at 6, if he is there but I dont want to overpay at 6 when you basically have no teams between 6 and 10 who need a quarterback.  Dont overpay when you can afford to be patient.

I agree to an extent.  I think if you can't get to #2 you try #4.  If you can't get to either then #6 doesn't make much sense.... unless you know someone else (Arizona or Miami probably) is trying to trade up into that spot.  I think if Rosen makes it out of the top 5 picks then the team you have to be ahead of is the Dolphins at #11.  What would it take to get #9 off San Fran?

18 hours ago, D521646 said:

so we give up 12, 22 to get to 6 overall?  I like the idea and the price is not too steep, however, instead of Rosen I'm hoping Mayfield is the target.

Tim-

To move up to 6, given the fact the Jets changed the price point, it will cost us a 2nd as well

When all this QB talk started during the season i thought Rosen given his way of bringing his team back from a deficit & being able to win when the chips were down was my hands down pick for the Bills but since then there has been some speculation about his leadership skills which has me baulking about that pick .

But i like this mock much better than the others that have the Bills giving up all 3 number 1's this yrs & next to move up to #2 that IMHO just seems foolish & doesn't seem to fit Beans or McD's way of doing things !!