Bills very interested in rudolph

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think everyone is reading too much into the trade up. We were going to trade Glenn this offseason no matter what. We got a good deal and took it. It opened the door for a trade up into the top 5 but it didn't necessitate it.

I agree, they have been trying to unload Glenn for awhile now.

We made it into the playoffs last year with a 1st year HC. I think McCarron is a upgrade to Taylor and the talent we could add with all those picks should easily give us a good chance to make another playoff push.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You think Rudolph goes that high?

I don't know that I would be surprised if he did. The market dictates most years a half round higher than rated. This year it seems like a full round. If he won't be there at 21 you have no choice

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s possible but not sure why they would need to fake interest in any other QB in order to get a LB at 12. 

Taking it with a grain of salt, to be fair, Beane did say they wanted to get into top 10, 12 because of a particular player that is "not necessarily a quarterback"....probably all smokescreen and disinformation, but it's a least possible Beane is telling the truth. Only time will tell. 

If there's anything at all about Rudolph actually coming out of OBD it's either a smokescreen in hopes to lower the desperation factor in trade talks, or it's to reset fan expectation on picks not being available.

I really have a hard time believing they've evaluated all the QBs and decided Rudolph is anywhere near the top 3.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, they have been trying to unload Glenn for awhile now.

We made it into the playoffs last year with a 1st year HC. I think McCarron is a upgrade to Taylor and the talent we could add with all those picks should easily give us a good chance to make another playoff push.

Agreed.  Don’t panic.  Let the draft come to you.  Take a QB somewhere, but don’t give away the farm to move up.  There’s a good chance Mayfield, Allen, Jackson and/or Rudolph will be available where we are picking, and not necessarily with our first pick.  Great chance to add starters at LB, DL and maybe WR, along with O-line and RB depth, in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If there's anything at all about Rudolph actually coming out of OBD it's either a smokescreen in hopes to lower the desperation factor in trade talks, or it's to reset fan expectation on picks not being available.

I really have a hard time believing they've evaluated all the QBs and decided Rudolph is anywhere near the top 3.

Why?  I have.  Personally, I'd way rather have him than Mayfield.

Fact is, no one should be surprised where each QB could be picked.  There's a ton of analysis, but in the end, most selections come down to gut instinct.  

Even harder is predicting the career for each one.  Chances are, every fan will find their QB analysis didn't meet or exceeded expectations.  

9 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

I could see it with the second of the #1 picks. He is getting pushed down due to the lack of success spread qb's have had in the NFL.  

Sorry to tell you that he also getting pushed down because of his weak arm, lack of athleticism, poor footwork, and no experience under center as well as tiny hands. If anything, he is being pushed up.  

Around this time every year some crap prospect gets talked about as a guy who could sneak into the first round/early second. Not sure if it is teams trying to push better prospects down the board by getting others to reach on a quarterback. Heard it with Connor Cook, Ryan Nassib, Tyler Bray, Bryce Petty, Cardale Jones...even with Nate Peterman last year. This year that guy is Rudolph. 

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I really have a hard time believing they've evaluated all the QBs

This, and ...

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

decided Rudolph is anywhere near the top 3.

And whether the juice is worth the squeeze to get to the top 3. 

There's a world of difference between saying Rosen > Rudolph, and comparing Rosen's excess value over Rudolph minus the cost of moving up to Rudolph, right? They've no doubt calculated a range of outcomes and a likelihood of the outcomes and the cost of acquisitions.

Multi-billion dollar corporations don't operate on "gut" or what they'd like. 

But I have to believe they are only a very short time from having those values decided.