Bills very interested in rudolph

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Best deep ball in college football.  Does need to build arm strength over time.

Every year, some guy puts on a pair of shorts and first at the combine and then at some Pro Day - with his hand picked receivers running 60 or 70 very carefully scripted routes - destroys three years of poor performances and emerges as the must-have butterfly.

Same story every year; we need to re-learn the lessons that you can't recreate game tape. 

22 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Every year, some guy puts on a pair of shorts and first at the combine and then at some Pro Day - with his hand picked receivers running 60 or 70 very carefully scripted routes - destroys three years of poor performances and emerges as the must-have butterfly.

Same story every year; we need to re-learn the lessons that you can't recreate game tape. 

I said in College football not at the combine or proday. It was in real games. If you didn't already know that then you haven't actually researched anything.  The arm strength issue you can see an occasional duck thrown up.  But i haven't seen it enough to worry me.  He's accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

I said in College football not at the combine or proday. It was in real games. If you didn't already know that then you haven't actually researched anything.  The arm strength issue you can see an occasional duck thrown up.  But i haven't seen it enough to worry me.  He's accurate.

I was actually making a reference to Josh Allen (the must have butterfly, that did so well today at his Pro day), as a means to supporting Mason Rudolph. 

I think he could start in the NFL early; I think he has the physique to handle the hits, he hits his receivers in stride and he doesn't make a ton of mistakes. And at any rate, I think arm strength can be overrated. Tom Brady was never thought of as a strong-armed QB. Hit the open receiver (or lead the receiver open) and you can get away with a world of arm questions. Sure it would help with WNY winds. 

14 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’d take him at 12 for the simple reason I think he’ll be successful in this league...

Could Rosen, Darnold, Allen or Mayfield be better? Sure. But the Bills would be getting rid of a lot of picks this year(maybe 4- 12, 22, 56, 65 or 96) plus maybe a couple next year or just our 2019 1st...

Regardless he’s a winner, has the experience, has the drive and leadership ability. He’s gonna have a good career.

i think baker is champ or bust...rudolph, at least good...possibly great

10 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I was actually making a reference to Josh Allen (the must have butterfly, that did so well today at his Pro day), as a means to supporting Mason Rudolph. 

I think he could start in the NFL early; I think he has the physique to handle the hits, he hits his receivers in stride and he doesn't make a ton of mistakes. And at any rate, I think arm strength can be overrated. Tom Brady was never thought of as a strong-armed QB. Hit the open receiver (or lead the receiver open) and you can get away with a world of arm questions. Sure it would help with WNY winds. 

tom brady improved his arm strength, so that can be done

20 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

this is why i think they may need to take him at 12 if there is a feeding frenzy early. i would be scared to get jumped at 22.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Wow.  Look at all of these Jacksonville-esque defenses that Rudolph is torching in this video!

His whole body of work is no good because he hasn’t faced the jags ? 

Lot of haters, he’s clearly better than all the QBs on last year’s roster. 

I really hate the way he throws over the middle and red zone with ease, that will never work in a passing league like the nfl. ??

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

I really hate the way he throws over the middle and red zone with ease, that will never work in a passing league like the nfl. ??

Come on in, Ryan.  There's room for one more!

c6mic2imry301.jpg

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Right? The more I watch him (and I'm starting to watch whole game cutups - not just highlights) the harder it is for me to see why so many people are down on him. He's not a super impressive athlete, to be sure. But he makes quick decisions, seems really accurate, has a nice way of stepping up and shuffling around in the pocket, and has a really good feel for the deep ball, despite not having a super strong arm. Most importantly, I think he often throws effectively into pretty small windows, from what I've seen, including over the middle and in the red zone, as you mention.

I do see that often he is throwing to his first read, as that's the design of the offense. But he does it quickly and accurately. And there are plenty of times where he doesn't like what he sees so he scans the field and finds someone else. He keeps his head up.

I'd be very happy to have him on the team to see what he can do. I don't see him escaping the first round. Maybe he won't be successful, but I can't figure out why so many people are so sure about that. There's a lot to like with him.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Right? The more I watch him (and I'm starting to watch whole game cutups - not just highlights) the harder it is for me to see why so many people are down on him. He's not a super impressive athlete, to be sure. But he makes quick decisions, seems really accurate, has a nice way of stepping up and shuffling around in the pocket, and has a really good feel for the deep ball, despite not having a super strong arm. Most importantly, I think he often throws effectively into pretty small windows, from what I've seen, including over the middle and in the red zone, as you mention.

I do see that often he is throwing to his first read, as that's the design of the offense. But he does it quickly and accurately. And there are plenty of times where he doesn't like what he sees so he scans the field and finds someone else. He keeps his head up.

I'd be very happy to have him on the team to see what he can do. I don't see him escaping the first round. Maybe he won't be successful, but I can't figure out why so many people are so sure about that. There's a lot to like with him.

I don’t see much to hate to be honest.  

Add in the fact thay 26corner and bb detective despise him, he will be a stud  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1