BIlls hosting penny!!!

45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was going to give you a hard time and call you a hypocrite but I confess I am becoming more receptive too!! Ha ha, I never thought it would happen. The price is absurd. I’m still fine trading up but would understand if they didn’t. 

I will throw out an alternative option just for fun:

12 - Roquan Smith

22 & 121 trade down with Pittsburgh picking up their 3rd, Martavus Bryant and a 2019 1st

53 - Harrison Phillips

56 - Rashaad Penny

65 - Tyrell Crosby 

92 - Darius Leonard

97 - Luke Falk

166 - Antonio Calloway

187 - Brian Allen

So, to recap the Bills would add:

2019 1st 

QB: Falk

RB: Penny

OL: Crosby and Allen

WR: Bryant and Calloway

DT: Phillips

LB: Roquan and Leonard

If they truly missed out on the opportunity to get one of the QBs this year, I really hope they take every opportunity to trade for additional 2019 picks.

28 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't like trading off for next year's first. The question I have regarding Falk is does he have a strong enough arm to make him a credible prospect? I wouldn't mind adding Bryant to a weak receiving corps but is he too undependable regarding his off-field habits? In general I like the infusion of talent to the roster. 

My ideal situation is that a qb such as Mayfield slides and we select him with our first pick and then select from our honey pot of picks. I have no problem maneuvering up and down to select more players or get another player in a trade.

The irony is that the rebuilding Bills played beyond their talent level last year. That hurt us from a draft standpoint. It also demonstrated that in this embryonic stage of rebuilding that McDermott's vision on the type of players he wants on his roster works. 

Luke Falk plays kind of uninspired. He throws the ball nicely, was hyped as being "cerebral" at one point, I never saw him in that light.

Mike Leach pulled him in a game in favor of Tyler Hilinski (freshman? --QB that recently committed suicide), because he just wouldn't pull the trigger and get the ball to his receivers.

Would hate this draft if this happened just off of the Falk pick.

43 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Why does everyone want a RB so bad?

I for sure get that McCoy is turning 30 and Ivory is old as well.

But this team has so many holes on this team and they don't need to address RB this year.

QB, 2 o lineman, 2 linebackers, WR are way bigger priorities for this team.

I would wait one more year and then address the RB position

Because it's needed.

For me at least it has zero to do with McCoy's age but running styles.

Penny is an east-west runner while we all know McCoy tries too hard to break ankles running laterally too much.

It's a position that doesn't stick out on paper as a need but is vital that an RB with a different running style is blended with McCoy's.

10 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Because it's needed.

For me at least it has zero to do with McCoy's age but running styles.

Penny is an east-west runner while we all know McCoy tries too hard to break ankles running laterally too much.

It's a position that doesn't stick out on paper as a need but is vital that an RB with a different running style is blended with McCoy's.

I personally don’t think it’s needed this year. They got so many other holes

48 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Why are Bills fans so anxious to focus on the run game?

*face on desk*

Because that's what we've done forever. We'll play one out of 8 home games in crap weather and use that as a reason as to why we need to be able to run the ball. Nevermind the 4 or 5 games usually in good weather in September or October. We need to build our identity around the 1, maybe 2 crap games. 

I'll say though, I'm interested. I know nothing of him so I'll have to Google and YouTube him because all I read is positive stuff on him in this thread.

Depending who we have picked at the time of the third round and how many picks we have in the 3rd round I would be very interested in him.

For example, if we had a QB and MLB.  And then two picks in the 3rd and 4th. Preferably two thirds.... I would be happy with Penny and an O or DLinemen.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They certainly like him. They have talked with him a few times now.

GREAT!!!  I have been wanting him for a while, in fact, I even stated a few times during the season on this board that I just felt like he was going to be a Buffalo Bill next year.  Hopefully that feeling was right!  I would actually be stoked if we took him as high as the 2nd.  

That won't be a popular statement around here (in terms of the 2nd), but the kid is that good and McCoy is not someone I expect Beane to keep past this year anyway.  So go get the next Kareem Hunt in Penny.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I will look into that! I thought I had searched the entire history of Bills rosters for someone with the last name James, but obviously I didn't look hard enough. THanks!

Do like I did....see my Avatar. 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

GREAT!!!  I have been wanting him for a while, in fact, I even stated a few times during the season on this board that I just felt like he was going to be a Buffalo Bill next year.  Hopefully that feeling was right!  I would actually be stoked if we took him as high as the 2nd.  

That won't be a popular statement around here (in terms of the 2nd), but the kid is that good and McCoy is not someone I expect Beane to keep past this year anyway.  So go get the next Kareem Hunt in Penny.  

I feel the same way.

I would love to have Penny with the Bills. He's an exciting player.

I like Penny as much as I like Sony Michel, and if we were to use one of our 2nd round picks on him, I'd be thrilled.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I feel the same way.

I would love to have Penny with the Bills. He's an exciting player.

I like Penny as much as I like Sony Michel, and if we were to use one of our 2nd round picks on him, I'd be thrilled.

Yeah, I would be stoked about Sony too...got them ranked about the same.  Wouldn't have an issue with either one nor would I be mad at using a 2nd on either of them...and I think after the combine, Penny has locked himself in as a 2nd round pick, maybe even top half of the 2nd.  I didnt see how Sony did, but I felt like he was likely a 2nd rounder too, but with the deep RB class could fall to the 3rd.  But if his combine was as good as Penny's, then I would guess he's a guy you gotta get in the 2nd too now.

• Like (+1) 1