So if we were the Giants....

12 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I don't disagree, it really depends on Webb and Eli and how they feel about them.

Eli has what? 2-3 years on his contract?

They might ride him out and see.

I highly doubt they will move on from Eli after this year, which means that Rosen isn't smart for them.

Even darnold isn't gonna sit TWO years.

The only QB who makes sense for them to sit for 2+ is Allen, and even then, I dont think they go QB @2.

I just don't see it.

It really depends on their mind set.

If they want to win now then it would make sense to draft Chubb or Barkley.  

If they are playing for the future, then I would still draft Rosen and let him sit under Eli for 1 year or two years at the absolute max.

Eli isn’t exactly lighting it up. He will be expendable if he continues his decline next year 

9 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It really depends on their mind set.

If they want to win now then it would make sense to draft Chubb or Barkley.  

If they are playing for the future, then I would still draft Rosen and let him sit under Eli for 1 year or two years at the absolute max.

Eli isn’t exactly lighting it up. He will be expendable if he continues his decline next year 

Eli will be the NYG starter for at least 2 more years.

They will not draft Rosen to sit for two years.

I just don't see that happening.

Darnold either.

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Darnold either.

As depressing as it may be, we are not in a great position to land one of the Big 2 at this point. The next question becomes do you try and trade up in the 7-10 range and draft Allen or Mayfield- if they are even there. We are in a pickle. Have to have a dance partner and I'm not sure we are wanted or needed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

As depressing as it may be, we are not in a great position to land one of the Big 2 at this point. The next question becomes do you try and trade up in the 7-10 range and draft Allen or Mayfield- if they are even there. We are in a pickle. Have to have a dance partner and I'm not sure we are wanted or needed.

I'm not denying that.

I'm saying that the Giants are rolling with Eli for two years, playing out his contract.

You don't take Rosen or Darnold #2 to sit them two years.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Darnold either.

If Eli plays like he did last year, what would be the point of keeping him for 2019 when you have a young QB who would be NFL ready?

If Eli does play well then let Rosen sit another year. I don’t think packers fans are mad now that Aaron Rodgers sat multiple years .

Just checked and saw ELi is 37 years old. No way I see him starting for 3 more years especially as he is getting worse virtually every year.

He would be very lucky to start for 2 more years

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So lets put us in Giants shoes and look at what they have.

1. They have an ageing QB but he has been given 2 more years.

2. Top end RB's are nice but will this RB be top end is hard to tell and the next tier is pretty good.

3. I am guessing they are getting trade offers from more then just the Bills.

4. They also have issues on there offensive line!

so what do you do if you were them?

Well I will tell you what I would do..

One minute left on the clock on second pick in round one.. Giants choose to trade with Buffalo and bleed

us with every pick Giants can get out of us then hit there Defense hard  in the draft while getting a project QB Like Lamar Jackson early round 2.

In short.. If there smart? they don't make that trade till draft. There is no point in it.. there is no... Profit in it :D

Thus

Tighten up your whitey tighties

loosen up them boxers

Let the wind go through your hair. cause nothing is going to happen for at least another 35D 11H or so

http://www.draftcountdown.com/

draft a QB

NYG wont be this high again

aaron Rodgers sat for 4 years

Edited by papazoid

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

I don't disagree, it really depends on Webb and Eli and how they feel about them.

Eli has what? 2-3 years on his contract?

They might ride him out and see.

I highly doubt they will move on from Eli after this year, which means that Rosen isn't smart for them.

Even darnold isn't gonna sit TWO years.

The only QB who makes sense for them to sit for 2+ is Allen, and even then, I dont think they go QB @2.

I just don't see it.

Fair points, all.

9 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

If Eli plays like he did last year, what would be the point of keeping him for 2019 when you have a young QB who would be NFL ready?

If Eli does play well then let Rosen sit another year. I don’t think packers fans are mad now that Aaron Rodgers sat multiple years .

Just checked and saw ELi is 37 years old. No way I see him starting for 3 more years especially as he is getting worse virtually every year.

He would be very lucky to start for 2 more years

ROSEN IS NOT SITTING TWO YEARS.

They are not drafting Rosen to possibly sit him 2 years when he is a guy who should be starting day 1.

If they draft Rosen (which they might), they are saying they are 100% done with Eli this year, no matter how he plays.

If they cut Eli with a year left on his deal (after this season), they eat $6.5 dead cap for 2019.

10 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

They are not drafting Rosen to possibly sit him 2 years when he is a guy who should be starting day 1.

If they draft Rosen (which they might), they are saying they are 100% done with Eli this year, no matter how he plays.

If they cut Eli with a year left on his deal (after this season), they eat $6.5 dead cap for 2019.

6.5 million is a small price to pay if Rosen is the savior as some here believe that he is.

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Giants have a young QB they like (Davis Webb) on the roster, was drafted in round 3 last year.  They don't need another project.

Personally I think "Blue Chip" talent is the most overrated notion in the draft.  Seems like every year there's ~6 guys who are the "blue chip" guys.  Seems like almost half of them can't stay on the field due to injuries or wash out because of off the field problems (Blackmon) or just aren't as good as people thought (guys like Dion Jordon).  Meanwhile there's guys who are valued slightly lower at the position (Beckham vs Sammy) who are often times just as good if not better.  Nelson may be a once in a lifetime player, but the last two guards who went top 10 as "can't miss" guys (Cooper & Warmack) missed.  If you don't need a QB and someone is willing to offer you a "QB package" for a top pick, I think it's foolish to put all your eggs in one guys basket, regardless of how "can't miss" he may be viewed.

I disagree, respectfully...

We are in fact, a prime example of exactly why you should put all of your eggs into one guy's basket (if it is a QB). If you look at the statistic for QB with the most wins (all-time) nearly all of them are first rounders. In addition, regardless of whether or not they were first or second rounders (or whatever), many were traded up or outright traded for within the top 45picks.  This would signify that the team who at their current position in the draft valued said prospect (there are plenty of examples, E. Manning, J. Elway, C. Wentz, etc.) so much so that they traded up for them. Although this is a move that may not always work out however, looking at statistics for all-time wins leaders (Qb), is a move very worth taking. Especially, taken into consideration our lack to so and our correlating record of mediocrity. With that being said, we have NEVER drafted a Qb higher than 14 (Kelly) and only even come close since one time (EJ at 16, in a draft where there lacked a true no. 1). All of this only adding to the mountain of evidence that this theory is not working. 

I wanted to like your examples of why not to do so, but they did not make much sense for me? Dion Jordon ultimately washed out (w/Miami) for PED before his recent 'resurgence' (1st rd tender in SEA) not his lack of talent. Also if you remember the 2014 WR draft, OBJ was not valued 'slightly lower' than Sammy. Sammy was taken at 4ovr (including the additional 1st it took) and OBJ at 12 (after M. Evans) that was a huge value difference, whether agreeing with the situation or not. I do agree with you on G however. In addition to themost recent two top 10 'misses (Warmack and Cooper, who is talented but nowhere near where he was taken, rather like a 3rd rd talent) I believe that G is also a position where more often than not it is beneficial to develop talent and replace it because of the low draft position typically required to get a talented interior OL.

Also, I think D. Webb has potential as a developmental project for sure but to say that he has equal potential as a #1/#2 ovr selected quarterback is asinine. It is doubtful that any of the top 2 Qb are "projects" in any similar aspect as D. Webb (with a yr or not). He may have potential but not to justify not taking the top or second rated Qb prospect off the board when given the ability to do so. Especially when he can sit for a yr or two (a la A. Rodgers) behind a HOF Qb before hitting the field. 

I do however hope they trade out and hook us up with the chance to right their own wrong of not selecting their future franchise Qb.

Go Bills!

Edited by FrankoElTanko
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

6.5 million is a small price to pay if Rosen is the savior as some here believe that he is.

I don't disagree.

My point was that if they draft Rosen, he's guaranteed to only sit a year.

They won't sit him for 2, even if Eli plays lights out.

That was my point.

48 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

So then get rid of Eli then if that’s what it comes down too... lol.

I think they would be very foolish to pass on a potential franchise QB for the next 10 to 15 years especially when Eli is at the end of the line. 

They may never get this opportunity for decades

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan11 said:

So then get rid of Eli then if that’s what it comes down too... lol.

I think they would be very foolish to pass on a potential franchise QB for the next 10 to 15 years especially when Eli is at the end of the line. 

They may never get this opportunity for decades

I agree with you 100%

I was saying he won't sit 2 years, so drafting a QB means Eli is gone after this year.

Teams do dumb crap all the time though.

The smart and right move is draft Rosen/darnold and sit him next year, let Eli play out then retire, and roll with Rosen/darnold 2019.

I'm not sure they do that though, even though they SHOULD.

All the Giants fans I'm friends with want Barkley #2... Yep.

Like they would be mad if they drafted a QB.

I don't get it.

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So lets put us in Giants shoes and look at what they have.

1. They have an ageing QB but he has been given 2 more years.

2. Top end RB's are nice but will this RB be top end is hard to tell and the next tier is pretty good.

3. I am guessing they are getting trade offers from more then just the Bills.

4. They also have issues on there offensive line!

so what do you do if you were them?

Well I will tell you what I would do..

One minute left on the clock on second pick in round one.. Giants choose to trade with Buffalo and bleed

us with every pick Giants can get out of us then hit there Defense hard  in the draft while getting a project QB Like Lamar Jackson early round 2.

In short.. If there smart? they don't make that trade till draft. There is no point in it.. there is no... Profit in it :D

Thus

Tighten up your whitey tighties

loosen up them boxers

Let the wind go through your hair. cause nothing is going to happen for at least another 35D 11H or so

http://www.draftcountdown.com/

I'm a first year GM too, I'm picking Rosen or Darnold no doubt about it.  This could end up working out they way Green Bay did with Farve to Rogers.  

Pick the QB let him sit and develop 

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I agree with you 100%

I was saying he won't sit 2 years, so drafting a QB means Eli is gone after this year.

Teams do dumb crap all the time though.

The smart and right move is draft Rosen/darnold and sit him next year, let Eli play out then retire, and roll with Rosen/darnold 2019.

I'm not sure they do that though, even though they SHOULD.

All the Giants fans I'm friends with want Barkley #2... Yep.

Like they would be mad if they drafted a QB.

I don't get it.

Oh ok so we are on the same page then.

I thought you were more saying they should keep Eli, roll with Webb when Eli retires, and draft a position player this draft.

My apologies for the misunderstanding 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The invisible man

So I could sneak up on dat Wonder Woman

I would be the invisible man, too.

But my mission would be to achieve world peace.

Mainly because I'm not a disgusting pig, like you.

And I'm telling your senorita.

3 hours ago, BuckeyeBill said:

Hello Mr. Beane,

I know we've talked a thousand times about this.  You want our #2 pick, but you don't want to part with any of your 2019 picks.  Well this is your last chance, my friend.  We've only got five minutes left on our clock,  so final deal.  Both of your firsts, both of your seconds, and your first next year or no deal.  

You want that gun to backfire? Or are you taking my final offer. #12, best 2nd rounder, best 3rd rounder, Shaq Lawson, 2nd rounder in 2019, plus swap 1st round position the next two following years when Bills choice is better then Giants.

Yeah that won't happen will it.

Edited by cba fan

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Anyone ever tell you your head looks like a baseball?

There have been a few.  It's odd ... the one thing they've all had in common is that they ended up with broken kneecaps.

Just now, Gugny said:

There have been a few.  It's odd ... the one thing they've all had in common is that they ended up with broken kneecaps.

It seams you just need to grow a mullet. Or get white micro pigmentation to hide the stitch scars.

AJ could do this with his long scar on head from ear to ear from his water ski accident. It is neat. They do short depth black tattoo that mimics look of hair stubble and would cover his scar. Not that he probably cares. But if he did.

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

It seams you just need to grow a mullet. Or get white micro pigmentation to hide the stitch scars.

AJ could do this with his long scar on head from ear to ear from his water ski accident. It is neat. They do short depth black tattoo that mimics look of hair stubble and would cover his scar. Not that he probably cares. But if he did.

Those stiches are part of who I am.  I refuse to feel ashamed.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Oh ok so we are on the same page then.

I thought you were more saying they should keep Eli, roll with Webb when Eli retires, and draft a position player this draft.

My apologies for the misunderstanding 

That's okay.

I think they MIGHT keep Eli for two and roll with webb IF they love Barkley/Chubb/trade down package AND shurmer loves Webb 

I don't think that's their best move, but I do think they might do it

• Like (+1) 1