Albert Breer's new mock

Plenty of mocks to go around, but Breer is especially plugged in around the league - and he specifically says that he showed the mock to league execs and "didn't get much pushback."  The Josh Allen rumors aren't going away and are either part of an elaborate smokescreen, or...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/21/mock-draft-sam-darnold-browns-bills-trade-giants-josh-allen-broncos-trade-browns-baker-mayfield

2. Buffalo (projected trade with N.Y. Giants): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
The Bills have done a nice job building capital for a bold swing. This is one. Allen’s potential is limitless, and his big frame and arm are made for Buffalo, though he has a ways to go.

If I had to "accept" Allen at 12 then I'd be OK so long as we got Vander Esch or Raashan Evans at MLB.  But if we give away the capital that it is being reported we will have to give up to move to #2 and select Allen this will be the most disappointing offseason in I don't know when.  We would have gone from being on a high of breaking the 17 year curse to THIS.  Ughhhhh

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

If I had to "accept" Allen at 12 then I'd be OK so long as we got Vander Esch or Raashan Evans at MLB.  But if we give away the capital that it is being reported we will have to give up to move to #2 and select Allen this will be the most disappointing offseason in I don't know when.  We would have gone from being on a high of breaking the 17 year curse to THIS.  Ughhhhh

Agreed.

You don't trade the farm for a guy with major accuracy issues just because he can throw a football 80 yards. 

Allen is a long shot of being successful. Rosen, Darnold and Rosen all have significantly higher floors and almost as much upside. 

Edited by jrober38

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

You don't trade the farm for a guy with major accuracy issues just because he can throw a football 80 yards. 

Allen is a long shot of being successful. Rosen, Darnold and Rosen all have significantly higher floors and almost as much upside. 

This is the #1 reason we need a dome so Bills GMs would stop worrying about arm strength so much. 

Terrible mock. He doesn't have Mason Rudolph in the first! He knows nothing. ;) 

Anyway, I'm am starting to feel like the Giants could want Barkley. If he is there at two they won't trade out. If the Browns take him at one, they will trade out. Breer mentions that the Giants love Barkley and Nelson. 

This is all contingent on the Giants not wanting a quarterback, but I think we we could have standing offers for the 2 and 4 picks. If the Browns go QB and the Giants get Barkley, the Browns probably trade us 4. If the Browns take Barkley, the Giants maybe trade out with us, and the Browns get a quarterback at 4. I think it is all contingent on if Barkley is available. Either way we would be guaranteed 1 of Allen, Darnold, Rosen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Rosen is a bust. 

Your use of data analytics, sound visceral scouting wisdom and the collage of fact-driven content has all but sold me. Thank you for all you do!  Rosen WILL bust!  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DFT said:

Yikes...   I just can’t see the Bills not taking Rosen if he’s there.   

Why cause one guy one time on the internet said the Bills had interest? Rosen is terrible and certainly doesn't fit what the Bills are trying to build.

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

Why cause one guy one time on the internet said the Bills had interest? Rosen is terrible and certainly doesn't fit what the Bills are trying to build.

Yep.  You got me.  That was it.  I went all in on that one guy.   He seemed like such a good guy. He’s taller in person too. Seemed to know his stuff and was very well-rounded about Rosen. Yep. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12. Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma St 

22.  Harrison Phillips DT Stanford

53. James Washington WR Oklahoma St

56. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

65. Bradley Boseman C Alabama

96. Darius Leonard OLB South Carolina St

121. Cedrick Wilson WR Boise State

166.  Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama

187. Marquis Hayes Edge Ole Miss

4 minutes ago, DFT said:

Your use of data analytics, sound visceral scouting wisdom and the collage of fact-driven content has all but sold me. Thank you for all you do!  Rosen WILL bust!  

Nothing wrong with his head or arm it's his heart. He is a tennis player wearings a football helmet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

Rosen is a bust, but Mason Rudolph you like at 12.  Got it.   You could very well be right, but if this were Vegas, I would go all in on those odds. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Terrible mock. He doesn't have Mason Rudolph in the first! He knows nothing. ;) 

Anyway, I'm am starting to feel like the Giants could want Barkley. If he is there at two they won't trade out. If the Browns take him at one, they will trade out. Breer mentions that the Giants love Barkley and Nelson. 

This is all contingent on the Giants not wanting a quarterback, but I think we we could have standing offers for the 2 and 4 picks. If the Browns go QB and the Giants get Barkley, the Browns probably trade us 4. If the Browns take Barkley, the Giants maybe trade out with us, and the Browns get a quarterback at 4. I think it is all contingent on if Barkley is available. Either way we would be guaranteed 1 of Allen, Darnold, Rosen. 

Agreed. 

I think the Giants want Barkley. If he's gone, they'll try to trade down a couple spots and get Nelson. To trade down to 12 I think they'll need us to give up the "farm". 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

BUT... Will Josh Rosen's brother be as good as him? I'm not sold yet... too many accuracy issues :)

3 minutes ago, DFT said:

Rosen is a bust, but Mason Rudolph you like at 12.  Got it.   You could very well be right, but if this were Vegas, I would go all in on those odds. 

I love the draft "experts" who think they know value. If he's your guy you take him at 2 or 12. I think Rudolph is 1000% better than Rosen who has no heart and is made out of glass.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

I feel like the accuracy thing is significantly overrated; especially when most of the bias is based on something as trivial and multi-variable as completion percentage.  

In two situations where you are able to make a somewhat apples-to-apples comparison, the senior bowl and the combine, Josh Allen was among the most accurate Quarterbacks there.  At the combine specifically he looked like a man amongst boys and it wasn't just the distance but the ball placement as well.  

Bottom line is he doesn't just throw hard.  If that was the case, he wouldn't be a top prospect.  He is talented.  His "accuracy" issues have more to do with anticipation and timing than anything wrong with his arm or mechanics.  You know, the kinds of stuff better coaching and teammates can possibly fix.

Edited by Mikey152

6 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I'd be all in on this draft...  Get a QB that can sit for a year or 2 and fill  A LOT of holes.  Although I'm not sure if Washington is there at 53.

I've come  around on  Josh Allen. I've watched alot of his tape, and he has got immense potential. Rosen is better right now, but in 2-3 years, Allen could  easily be the best QB of this 2018 class. He can make any throw, make  plays with his  feet, run RPO's in our offensive scheme, and with good coaching &  development, I really think he's going to be a good QB for some team.

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Plenty of mocks to go around, but Breer is especially plugged in around the league - and he specifically says that he showed the mock to league execs and "didn't get much pushback."  The Josh Allen rumors aren't going away and are either part of an elaborate smokescreen, or...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/21/mock-draft-sam-darnold-browns-bills-trade-giants-josh-allen-broncos-trade-browns-baker-mayfield

2. Buffalo (projected trade with N.Y. Giants): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
The Bills have done a nice job building capital for a bold swing. This is one. Allen’s potential is limitless, and his big frame and arm are made for Buffalo, though he has a ways to go.

Perfect Trade up. Wrong Josh 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I love the draft "experts" who think they know value. If he's your guy you take him at 2 or 12. I think Rudolph is 1000% better than Rosen who has no heart and is made out of glass.

i agree about taking your guy - but how did you arrive at such a slanted report on Rosen?

Both seem rather subjective imo

4 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

I feel like the accuracy thing is significantly overrated; especially when most of the bias is based on something as trivial and multi-variable as completion percentage.  

In two situations where you are able to make a somewhat apples-to-apples comparison, the senior bowl and the combine, Josh Allen was among the most accurate Quarterbacks there.  At the combine specifically he looked like a man amongst boys and it wasn't just the distance but the ball placement as well.  

Bottom line is he doesn't just throw hard.  If that was the case, he wouldn't be a top prospect.  He is talented.  His "accuracy" issues have more to do with anticipation and time than anything wrong with his arm or mechanics.  You know, the kinds of stuff better coaching and teammates can possibly fix.

The issue isn't completion percentage. The issue is that the ball routinely misses its target.

Read any Josh Allen scouting report and they all say the same thing; he's not an accurate passer. 

Sometimes he misses high, sometimes low, sometimes he's behind, and sometimes he's too far out front. Good luck correcting those problems.  I've watched a lot of videos on Josh Allen, and he misses routine throws all the time. He makes throws within 10 yards of the LOS look challenging. 

Also - I couldn't care less about how he looked throwing the ball in shorts against no defense at the combine. EJ Manuel and Jake Locker looked good at the combine. Then they got to the NFL and their accuracy was just as horrible as it was in college. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Nothing wrong with his head or arm it's his heart. He is a tennis player wearings a football helmet.

that is an EXCELLENT draft!  i would be very,very happy with that!

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The issue isn't completion percentage. The issue is that the ball routinely misses its target.

Read any Josh Allen scouting report and they all say the same thing; he's not an accurate passer. 

Sometimes he misses high, sometimes low, sometimes he's behind, and sometimes he's too far out front. Good luck correcting those problems.  I've watched a lot of videos on Josh Allen, and he misses routine throws all the time. He makes throws within 10 yards of the LOS look challenging. 

Also - I couldn't care less about how he looked throwing the ball in shorts against no defense at the combine. EJ Manuel and Jake Locker looked good at the combine. Then they got to the NFL and their accuracy was just as horrible as it was in college. 

Again, context.  There is a difference between hitting a target and knowing where that target should be.  Both have an impact on "accuracy," though...Luke Falk is considered accurate because he is a great anticipatory thrower, for example.  But it was clear that all things being equal he cant hit the broad side of a barn, especially at distance.

And I am pretty sure there is a defense at the senior bowl.  Those scouting reports said Josh Allen doesn't have touch, but at the senior bowl he made a perfect bucket throw for a TD.  

Yes, you have to project a guy like Josh Allen.  That's the NFL front office guys job...But it's not like he came out of nowhere.  He's been on the radar for two years despite the fact that he was playing at a garbage school.  If he really was as inaccurate as you claim, there's no way that happens.

Edited by Mikey152