Starting Lineup - pre-draft

Coach55

Ok - After all of the craziness that has occurred in the past few months, we are in a lot better of position than I previously thought.  Below is a comparison of effectively last year's lineup vs. today's.  We are slightly better going into the draft and are still pending 5 quality picks.   Outlook - Positive

Last year/This year

QB - Taylor/McCarron - Wash to slight downgrade - McCarron is an unknown - prob won't start

RB - McCoy - unch

FR - DiMarco - unch

WR1 - Benjamin - unch

WR2 - Jones - unch

TE - Clay - unch

LT - Dawkins - unch

LG - Incognito - unch

C - Wood/ Groy&Bodine - Losing Wood hurts, but a lot of people thought Groy was going to upstage him anyway.  Bodine was a starter in Cincy - wash

RG - Ducasse - unch (draft pick?)

RT - Mills/ unch&Newhouse - wash at worst

DT - Williams

DT - Washington/Lotulelei - upgrade

DE - Lawson/Murphy - wash to upgrade

DE - Hughes - unch

OLB - Alexander - unch

MLB - Brown/Milano - I am a big Milano fan - slight upgrade

OLB - Humber&Milano/Humber - slight downgrade (fill in the draft)

CB - White - unch

CB - Gaines/David - slight upgrade

S - Hyde - unch

S - Poyer - unch

18 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Ok - After all of the craziness that has occurred in the past few months, we are in a lot better of position than I previously thought.  Below is a comparison of effectively last year's lineup vs. today's.  We are slightly better going into the draft and are still pending 5 quality picks.   Outlook - Positive

Last year/This year

QB - Taylor/McCarron - Wash to slight downgrade - McCarron is an unknown - prob won't start

RB - McCoy - unch

FR - DiMarco - unch

WR1 - Benjamin - unch

WR2 - Jones - unch

TE - Clay - unch

LT - Dawkins - unch

LG - Incognito - unch

C - Wood/ Groy&Bodine - Losing Wood hurts, but a lot of people thought Groy was going to upstage him anyway.  Bodine was a starter in Cincy - wash

DT - Williams

DE - Hughes - unch

OLB - Alexander - unch

CB - White - unch

S - Hyde - unch

S - Poyer - unch

Hey this is a good post. Not bad thanks it is better than I thought.

Im not comfy with Unch playing wide receiver tough. I hope we can upgrade there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hey this is a good post. Not bad thanks it is better than I thought.

Im not comfy with Unch playing wide receiver tough. I hope we can upgrade there.

Ran a 4.4 forty at the combine. Could improve his route running, but could be a fine WR2. 

42 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

who is unch and how is he playing all of these positions?

McBeane is very loyal and like to stick with those they trust. unch is one of those guys. 

Glaring holes are QB, RG, RT, MIKE

Milano is an undersized WILL. He is definitely too small to play the MIKE. I really like him, but I think he starts at WILL. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

You guys really have no idea how much crappy oline play was negated because of Tyrod. QB is the biggest downgrade by far.

I agree with you. I still think Ducasse and Mills are terrible. 

The reason why the Patriots can throw together 5 undrafted or mid round pick guys and no one gets a sack is becuas Brady.

Tyrod often scrambled into sacks and was generally really terrible in the pocket. 

37 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The reason why the Patriots can throw together 5 undrafted or mid round pick guys and no one gets a sack is becuas Brady.

Tyrod often scrambled into sacks and was generally really terrible in the pocket. 

Brady is not a normal QB. The Bills no matter who they get, he won't be Brady. It's foolish to even pretend any QB they sign will be anywhere near Brady. The Bills entire oline sucked at pass blocking. Whoever they end up with unless its Lamar Jackson will suffer.

Edited by CuddyDark

1 hour ago, Coach55 said:

Last year/This year

RB - McCoy - unch

FR - DiMarco - unch

WR1 - Benjamin - unch

WR2 - Jones - unch

TE - Clay - unch

LT - Dawkins - unch

LG - Incognito - unch

DT - Williams

DE - Hughes - unch

OLB - Alexander - unch

CB - White - unch

S - Hyde - unch

S - Poyer - unch

lol after qb.....compare maybe players that were replaced?....not in addition to?....may make some sense.

46 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

You guys really have no idea how much crappy oline play was negated because of Tyrod. QB is the biggest downgrade by far.

Disagree wholeheartedly.  Tyrod held the ball longer than any qb in the league by a fair margin...if anything the oline looked worse because he didn't make throws based on timing and waited to see people open. 

25 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Disagree wholeheartedly.  Tyrod held the ball longer than any qb in the league by a fair margin...if anything the oline looked worse because he didn't make throws based on timing and waited to see people open. 

Tyrod scared defenses into spying him. The player who would usually blitz or cover in short zones had to spy Tyrod. We'll see what happens when the RPO is off the table. I think we saw some of it in the Chargers game.

People who don't think we'll go backward at QB for at least a season or two with what we have now and any rookie are fooling themselves.

Edited by CuddyDark

34 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Brady is not a normal QB. The Bills no matter who they get, he won't be Brady. It's foolish to even pretend any QB they sign will be anywhere near Brady. The Bills entire oline sucked at pass blocking. Whoever they end up with unless its Lamar Jackson will suffer.

Holy moly i cant read lol. I actually disagree with you. I think Tyrod was so terrible in the pocket that he caused sacks. He held the ball to long and would not throw the damn rock.

Either way our oline isn’t great. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Holy moly i cant read lol. I actually disagree with you. I think Tyrod was so terrible in the pocket that he caused sacks. He held the ball to long and would not throw the damn rock.

Either way our oline isn’t great. 

If you think we're the same at QB with a rookie, McCarron and Peterman, fine. I disagree with you.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Preston Brown is gone.  Matt Milano is the only guy you can line up at MLB, and he played outside last season.  The Bills really need to get Will Compton signed.

Milano will have a tough time at Mike at 220 pounds. It just is what it is. Our MIKE is not on our roster at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If you think we're the same at QB with a rookie, McCarron and Peterman, fine. I disagree with you.

If our system is designed to get the ball out quick and these guys get rid of it, i do think we will be better. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Milano will have a tough time at Mike at 220 pounds. It just is what it is. Our MIKE is not on our roster at the moment. 

If our system is designed to get the ball out quick and these guys get rid of it, i do think we will be better. 

Fine. I disagree. I don't believe getting the ball out quick is easy. How many QB in the NFL can get it out quick? Not many.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Fine. I disagree. I don't believe getting the ball out quick is easy. How many QB in the NFL can get it out quick? Not many.

I hwmear you but having a guy run around in circles, albeit fast circles, doesn’t help either. Linemen keep their butt to the quarterback and are taught to protect the inside. You need to climb the pocket, which Tyrod didnt do. The protection cant hold up with the way he plays. 

McCarron is likely starter imho.  guys like Watson/Trubinski are few and far between.  Even if we do the much discussed tradeup.......its less than 50/50 the rookie starts immediately.  And, if McCarron does well, he never sits down.  More likely, some sort of injury to just front office impatience would push the rook onto the field.   Then the rook will get a chance to beat Peterman's record 5 ints in one half.

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I hwmear you but having a guy run around in circles, albeit fast circles, doesn’t help either. Linemen keep their butt to the quarterback and are taught to protect the inside. You need to climb the pocket, which Tyrod didnt do. The protection cant hold up with the way he plays. 

Climb this pocket? RG was beat nearly every play. You think that changes because Tyrod is gone? RT is also a joke. Richie is only good at pulling.

3 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Last year/This year

RB - McCoy - unch

FR - DiMarco - unch

WR1 - Benjamin - unch

WR2 - Jones - unch

TE - Clay - unch

LT - Dawkins - unch

LG - Incognito - unch

DT - Williams

DE - Hughes - unch

OLB - Alexander - unch

CB - White - unch

S - Hyde - unch

S - Poyer - unch

I can't believe how dumb we are, if we have a guy like Unch on the roster, who can clearly play a number of positions, lets trade him for the number two pick. His combine numbers were off the chart!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

who is unch and how is he playing all of these positions?

"Unchanged" is the alter ego of the "The Process"

Have you never watched Star Trek? It is like those two guys the last of their species chasing across between two universes via time travel or portal(not sure) they were black on one side of body and white on the other and they were enemies because they had the colors on opposite sides. 

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If he would have throw the ball he wouldn't have been sacked. Problem being is he sat in the pocket to long staring down receivers that were open. Don't get me wrong the guy got us to the playoffs but he would often look off receivers that were open or would have been open.

Just now, lxxenigmaxxl said:

If he would have throw the ball he wouldn't have been sacked. Problem being is he sat in the pocket to long staring down receivers that were open. Don't get me wrong the guy got us to the playoffs but he would often look off receivers that were open or would have been open.

Yep I agree. He got himself concussed in that Jacksonville game at the end because he wouldn't throw the damn ball. I get tat he didn't throw interceptions, but their is some risk reward to the passing game in the NFL. He was very average and a below average passer and did not make anyone around him better. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 13player said:

I can't believe how dumb we are, if we have a guy like Unch on the roster, who can clearly play a number of positions, lets trade him for the number two pick. His combine numbers were off the chart!!

I'm glad you aren't the GM. Unch has a great chance of winning both offensive and defensive MVP and you want to trade him for just the 2nd pick in the draft ? ... shameful.

• Like (+1) 1