Deonte Thompson might be coming back

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

Streeter will out perform all of them in camp, then get hurt in preseason.

yeah i wouldn't count on streeter and i think holmes is gone. i'd like to see deonte back, but also believe we may have some stashed talent with reilly and dupri. just need to draft one speedster.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d like to see Thompson back but the Bills are still missing a 1 or 2 (depending on your thoughts on Benjamin). The WR group is not good. The Bills are going to have to had another with a top 100 pick and hope that they can come in and contribute immediately. 

I agree. I’d prefer to trade a 2nd for an established WR with speed. WR’s take too long to adjust to the Pro game and are more a crapshoot than any other position. If we intend to spend a 2nd, do so by trading for a known quality.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

It appears the Bills are working on resigning Deonte Thompson.

If they do, will our 2018 WR look like this:

Kelvin Benjamin 

Deonte Thompson

Zay Jones

Rod Streeter

Andre Holmes

Rookie draft pick

So, I am irritated with you. Why?

Because I was pleased that Thompson is coming back. But when I read your post, you lied in your title. You said he is back, not that they are working on it.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Fixed the title for you

Thanks CBF.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

In my Bills mock I have them taking a WR with a 2nd round pick. I don’t think they will trade both. I know they like Dante Pettis a lot. He’s been there at 56 every mock i have done. He would fit in great. Jmo

Ya if you add Pettis to that group it becomes very solid. It is not as bad as people make it out to be, we need to add one guy and have a QB with the ability to throw to WRs. 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Depending if the bills move up round 1, I could see the bills taking 2 wide recievers like we did with woods and Goodwin in 2013

You really think so?

With our needs at QB, LB, DT, RB & OL?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

yeah i wouldn't count on streeter and i think holmes is gone. i'd like to see deonte back, but also believe we may have some stashed talent with reilly and dupri. just need to draft one speedster.

I think the WR position has taken a lot of lumps the last couple of years with injuries.  It's hard to figure out just how good or poor we are at the position.  Seems like every week we had different players out running routes and never were able to find some consistency at the position.  I'd like to see what a healthy WR looks like for a change.  That being said, I still think it would be wise to add some talent from somewhere.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Ouch... not a good group.  I think they are counting on Zay to step it up next season

If Zay takes a step up next season, all those balls hitting him in his hands will be hitting him in his ass...........lol.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Ouch... not a good group.  I think they are counting on Zay to step it up next season

There are two variables that need to be considered. First off, will a healthy Kelvin Benjamin have more of an impact? Second, will Zay Jones make improvements in his sophomore year?

I think Benjamin will have a profound impact, but Zay Jones I was not high on coming out of college and I did not like that pick at the time, so we'll see what happens there.