I trust The Process. You should, too.

So far, I like all of the moves the McBeane duo has made this off season.  No matter what happens between now and the draft, I have no doubts that our GM will do what is necessary to make this a better team.  If we don't trade up into the top 5 and grab one of the 'once in a lifetime' QBs, I'm sure it will be for a very good reason.  I think back about how the Eagles were able to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl (how great was that?) and remember that even though their starting QB didn't play in the playoffs, the backup QB still managed to keep the team winning.  Was Foles that good?  Maybe.  I think the answer was more like they had a great team to begin with. 

My point is if we don't get one of the Big 4 QBs in this draft, we still have the means to build a great team.  And that is just as important as the QB himself.  Trust the process.  We are either going to have a great QB and very good team or a very good QB and a great team.

Flame away...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Welcome! This process...

Is it an energy field created by all living things? Does it surround us, penetrate us, and bind the galaxy together?" Fwiw, Bills players and other Bill team members use  and access the PROCESS with the help of midi-chlorians, microscopic organisms inside their cells.

Sounds familiar..

Edited by gobills1212
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McDermott and Beane know far far more than I ever will. I trust the process, what I know is a grain of sand compared to their collective knowledge. I think Terry Pegula knows a lot more than 99% of fans as well. Terry has hired 2 playoff coaches in his short time as owner, let that sink in. Terry is going to be remembered in the same way as the Rooney's and Mara's.

I trust results... EVERY front office has a "process." However, every front office with a "process" that includes a great QB is one that tends to produce good/winning results.

Edited by aceman_16
winning

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

McDermott and Beane know far far more than I ever will. I trust the process, what I know is a grain of sand compared to their collective knowledge.

This statement applies to all 32 NFL teams. McDermott and Beane are not competing against fans. They're competing against the other 31 teams. 

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Terry Pegula knows a lot more than 99% of fans as well.

About football? I'm going to have to disagree there.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

This statement applies to all 32 NFL teams. McDermott and Beane are not competing against fans. They're competing against the other 31 teams. 

Playoffs in their 1st year, the results speak for themselves. Terry is batting 2/3 right now as far as coaching hires go. Whether you hate Marrone or not, he is a playoff coach, same goes for McD. Rex was a mistake but Terry corrected it very quickly.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Playoffs in their 1st year, the results speak for themselves. Terry is batting 2/3 right now as far as coaching hires go. Whether you hate Marrone or not, he is a playoff coach, same goes for McD. Rex was a mistake but Terry corrected it very quickly.

They haven't been around long enough for results to speak for themselves.

Pegula didn't hire Marrone. I love Terry and Kim but let's not go overboard on their knowledge of football.

personally I just don't like calling it the process just cause that was Philly's model for creating some of the worst teams professional sports has ever seen. But I like what's going on, and I had liked Whaley. Just would like another phrase is all.

Just curious, but say we keep picks 12 / 22 / 53 / 56 / 65, how many impact players do you realistically think we can walk away with?  How many guys who'll make a Pro Bowl?  Sign a second contract with us?

Just taking the 2012 draft for example.  It's widely recognized as a very strong draft.  Those players have played the majority of their primes by this point.  The breakdown I show is:

14 - (26%) - made a Pro Bowl

17 - (31%) - are good starting players

23 - (43%) - are players who are varying levels of disappointments, the majority of which are out of the league already

You can pick most any year with a representative sample and I think the breakdown would largely stay the same.

So realistically, we are looking at 1 Pro Bowler, 2 good starters, 2 disappointments within the 5 picks.

It's one thing to look at "all these draft picks" in an abstract view and such a great opportunity to build a loaded team.  The reality is, from what they can reasonably be expected to reap the impact pales in comparison to a true franchise QB.

3 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I'll trust the process when I see it produce results, not when someone tells me to.

Accomplishing in their first season (playoff berth) what the previous 17 years worth of coaches and GMs couldn't wasn't enough for you, eh?

How about completely clearing out a bloated salary cap situation such that the Bills are now flush with draft picks and have $100million in cap space for 2019. Still not doing it?

Just out of curiosity...what WILL convince you? 

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I'll trust the process when I see it produce results, not when someone tells me to.

The process is not about results. Stare into my avi and let the process flow through you.

Edited by Fetou

47 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So far, I like all of the moves the McBeane duo has made this off season.  No matter what happens between now and the draft, I have no doubts that our GM will do what is necessary to make this a better team.  If we don't trade up into the top 5 and grab one of the 'once in a lifetime' QBs, I'm sure it will be for a very good reason.  I think back about how the Eagles were able to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl (how great was that?) and remember that even though their starting QB didn't play in the playoffs, the backup QB still managed to keep the team winning.  Was Foles that good?  Maybe.  I think the answer was more like they had a great team to begin with. 

My point is if we don't get one of the Big 4 QBs in this draft, we still have the means to build a great team.  And that is just as important as the QB himself.  Trust the process.  We are either going to have a great QB and very good team or a very good QB and a great team.

Flame away...

Im glad for the fans who can have good vibes and happy thoughts.

My fanhood is more like the PTSD guy who has to sit with his back to the wall and facing the door.

My eyes continually dart around the room, looking for the threat. And that is at Chuck E. Cheese's.

So go ahead and have your golden sunbeam.

But what do we know about Brandon Beane besides that he looks good in sunglasses and he will sell or trade anything that isn't bolted down?

And Logic, Beane didn't win the games McDermott did. And there is no Lombardi for cap space, if you get what I am saying. :unsure: