Is Beane Being Too Careful?

Gugny

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not trolling, man.  Like I said.  I have bought into Beane's process from the beginning.  His aggressiveness just concerns me.

It's the lack of aggressiveness (or commitment to a plan) that has the Bills where they've been for the last 20 yrs. Time to step up and play with the big boys.

If they don't fix this oline every rookie QB will be destroy except LAMAR JACKSON. He is the pick and will be there at 12. Tyrod and Shady made that line look way better than it is. How many guys did they make miss in the back field to make plays. The only true pocket passer that is winning anything now is Tom Brady. The Eagles with Nick Foles beat the Patriots using the run pass option. One read, simple offense for the QB. Lamar Jackson is the best QB FOR THIS ATTACK. Imagine him and shady in the backfield good luck trying to stop that.

4 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

If they don't fix this oline every rookie QB will be destroy except LAMAR JACKSON. He is the pick and will be there at 12. Tyrod and Shady made that line look way better than it is. How many guys did they make miss in the back field to make plays. The only true pocket passer that is winning anything now is Tom Brady. The Eagles with Nick Foles beat the Patriots using the run pass option. One read, simple offense for the QB. Lamar Jackson is the best QB FOR THIS ATTACK. Imagine him and shady in the backfield good luck trying to stop that.

Easy now killer...

Cordy Glenn is a good left tackle, but his injuries over the last two years have cost the Bills virtually a full season's worth of his on field presence.  His contract makes his absence from injury hard to take, and the solid play the Bills got from Dawkins make Glenn expendable.  By trading him the Bills clear a fair amount of cap room.  It's a cut throat business, but Glenn is going to be fine in Cinci.  I would have been fine with Glenn staying, but I understand the decision, especially in view of the need of the Bills to find a franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

First of all, I'll preface by saying that I've been down with The Process from the beginning.  I got it .. and I get it.

I understood getting rid of Watkins and Woods .. and letting Gillislee walk (to Boston).   But the purge continues with Glenn - our best offensive lineman - and now rumors are swirling about Hughes.

I love stockpiling draft picks, but you can't build a team on potential.  And even if they draft well, in three years, we won't be able to afford anyone.

I feel like he's going rogue and even if we end up with the golden boy QB, we won't be able to surround him with anything but rookies.

Beginning of a regime starts with bullets flying......as it matures it gets very calm.

Pitt GB NO all win year in year out because they have the great QB's. Many years they had rosters no better than Bills. Difference is QB. Same with Pats except I throw in they have much better coaching.

When Bills get a franchise QB to add to a good coach, the Pats dominance will be over.

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

First of all, I'll preface by saying that I've been down with The Process from the beginning.  I got it .. and I get it.

I understood getting rid of Watkins and Woods .. and letting Gillislee walk (to Boston).   But the purge continues with Glenn - our best offensive lineman - and now rumors are swirling about Hughes.

I love stockpiling draft picks, but you can't build a team on potential.  And even if they draft well, in three years, we won't be able to afford anyone.

I feel like he's going rogue and even if we end up with the golden boy QB, we won't be able to surround him with anything but rookies.

Gugny,

Status quo has worked so well for this team for the last 20 years...  I'm sorry for the sarcasm, I mean no disrespect at all, but I am elated that someone has finally come in here and blown this place up.  Wouldn't it be fantastic to finally solidify the most important position (and neglected in this organization since Kelly) in football?!  Buffalo has been masterful in building all other aspects for the better part of a couple decades and it's gotten us a perpetual ticket to mediocrity.  Continuing to finish in the middle of the pack has left us with virtually NO opportunity to land a QB in the draft, which is where we would all like to think is the best place to find one right?;  with the best upside and longevity and not break the bank anyway.

Who knows if this is the right approach, but it's different than what we've experienced in a very long time.  That in itself makes this worth the ride in my humble and uninformed opinion.

Edited by Meatplow

Unlike Whaley, Nix, Russ, Marvcus, and Donohoe, McBeane have proven to be far more astute at putting together a playoff roster.  It's clear now that the Bills are all-in to draft a QB, while FA hasn't even started.  And even if they sign whichever ex-Vikings QB, they're still going to draft their guy.  Maybe they grab a guy in FA and then trade him for a draft spot?  Why not?  McBeane are wheeling and dealing their way to the top of the draft, and it's refreshing to see a clear plan, instead of signing the star of the moment.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

I don't think he's gone rogue at all... I think he has a clear vision in regard to how he wants to build his Bills team. 

He has severed nearly all ties this roster had to previous GMs/Coaching staffs... I think when he took the job in Buffalo he looked over the roster and salaries and said "I can do better than this." What we've seen so far is Beane wiping the slate clean so he can build from scratch.

There will be no doubts about who built this team after this season. Whatever team we see on the field next season will mostly be Brandon Beanes doing. I think he's confident that the moves he's making are the right ones to build a perennial contender.

I like the fact that he's made the bold moves he has. It tells me he firmly believes in what he's doing. I like that he's doing something "different" than what we are used to seeing. We needed a new approach. Have needed it for years imo. His confidence in himself makes me feel confident about him as the GM.

Time will tell how it all pans out but I can respect him here and now for having the courage to make the decisions he has to date.

Edited by GrizzReaper

i love the moves & everyone ive talked to has agreed as well. The status quo will no longer do. These guys want to win & they have a plan. TRUST THE PROCESS because for once we FINALLY HAVE ONE!!!  I couldnt be happier... maybe come draft day I will be.

Circle dem wagons... GO BILLS!!!

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

The fictional character went to prison for insider trading. He was a criminal, the comparison is a bad one. Polian built a team that went to four consecutive Super Bowls. Beane is easily what now? I believe that remains to be seen.

IT"S THE ATTITUDE!! - You don't succeed if you don't take risks. Beane is clearly a risk taker. I am quite sure that Pegula is very happy with his moves so far. And from the looks of it so are the majority of the Bills fans on this site.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Unlike Whaley, Nix, Russ, Marvcus, and Donohoe, McBeane have proven to be far more astute at putting together a playoff roster.  It's clear now that the Bills are all-in to draft a QB, while FA hasn't even started.  And even if they sign whichever ex-Vikings QB, they're still going to draft their guy.  Maybe they grab a guy in FA and then trade him for a draft spot?  Why not?  McBeane are wheeling and dealing their way to the top of the draft, and it's refreshing to see a clear plan, instead of signing the star of the moment.

You make an interesting point Freddie.

I would like to see Beane sign a FA QB right now, then trade him for picks, or moveup, and for a player......lol

This being a two deep chess move could cause NFL office to come unhinged as none of this can be happening right now per the rules.

Goodell will need to define league year rules after he gets done explaining what a catch is. Will be good theatre I think.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

The fear is real. How about you give him a full off-season to operate before you start judjing anything. It's like you saw someone take off their shoes and all of a sudden you're worried that they don't know how to put them back on again.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, cba fan said:

You make an interesting point Freddie.

I would like to see Beane sign a FA QB right now, then trade him for picks, or moveup, and for a player......lol

This being a two deep chess move could cause NFL office to come unhinged as none of this can be happening right now per the rules.

Goodell will need to define league year rules after he gets done explaining what a catch is. Will be good theatre I think.

NFL still owes us one for Wolford.  It would be nice for the Bills to be the ones getting over on the NFL for a change.  I think McBeane are playing chess, and the opponents are playing checkers.  This is a refreshing change from our usual mode of playing tiddlywinks.  

• Thank you (+1) 1