Is Beane Being Too Careful?

Gugny

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You are having difficulty understanding me so I’ll try again.

1. Designate the FA’s you feel will fill holes.

2. Go sign those guys.  

I don’t care about what arbitrary “level” you want to assign them. You find your guys, you go get your guys. I suppose you also want them to take whatever qb falls to them?

Yeah I don't have difficulty understanding you. I just don't agree with you. And I expect beane to look for value and youth over age and $$$$$

And no i expect another trade up in th edraft.

Edited by ddaryl

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

I just don't know how you can label a GM who traded away his starting QB - with no replacement in sight - as "careful."

Could you if you knew that the OP was just messing around with everyone?

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Yeah I don't have difficulty understanding you. I just don't agree with you. And I expect beane to look for value and youth over age and $$$$$

And no i expect another trade up in th edraft.

So the DT signing was a very poor choice, in your opinion?

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So the DT signing was a very poor choice, in your opinion?

No its a good signing.....  Still don't expect a lot of FA movement.. nothing has changed for me.

We still have lots of holes ot fill and we won't be filling them with top FA's. I expect lots of value signings

Star is 28 yrs old, so thats th eyouth part.... Now we have ot see what the $$$ numbers are

Edited by ddaryl

10 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Beane is the Gordon Gecko of the NFL... I think we're lucky to have him... We now have $40million in available 2018 cap space and $100million in available 2019 cap space and soon we'll have a franchise QB... What's not to like? 

I could see Gordon Gecko but reminds me of a young sonny weaver!

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

No its a good signing.....  Still don't expect a lot of FA movement.. nothing has changed for me.

We still have lots of holes ot fill and we won't be filling them with top FA's. I expect lots of value signings

Star is 28 yrs old, so thats th eyouth part.... Now we have ot see what the $$$ numbers are

So first you say they should wait. Now that there’s a signing it’s ok. Blow in the wind much?

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So first you say they should wait. Now that there’s a signing it’s ok. Blow in the wind much?

I said I wasn't expecting any movement to early and I was exepcting value signings not top FA's splashes. I dont think we are over paying for Star if he is fact coming here. Won't know till we see the numbers and its official

You can move on with your day now.......  I never understood people like yourself. Seem to want to debate and argue trivial non sense on a message board.. I just linger and share my opinions, whether you agree wit them or not means little. Whether I am right or wrong menas little just the same..

I still do not see us being large players early in FA.. We sign Star who has connection to McDermott and Beane..